• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CaliMonkchrissieDalertrooneyzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

King’s Quest ‘2015’ (All The Positive Talk)

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Late to the party, but I finally played Chapter 1 of this. (I am pretty busy at work these days and have too many games to play, but the recent Humble Bundle gave the nudge I needed so I picked it up.) It was quite charming!

Achaka was a fun character. I enjoyed the little touches to connect this game to the other games. But the game doesn’t just feel like a nostalgia-fest; it has lots of new elements to keep the adventure fresh and make it a good experience for newcomers. I also appreciated that, once things open up, it is nicely explorable and non-linear but not so much that I got lost.

That family picture for Chapter 4 looks great. I imagine I’ll continue lagging behind the release schedule, but I look forward to playing more!

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Looks like Chapter 4 is out!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Babies!

And now it’s…

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Whoa, I totally missed that this was coming out today. What a nice surprise! Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’m near the end
King’s Quest: Ep4 - Professor Layton edition
The story is interesting and the writing continues to be good but not very ecstatic about what they done with gameplay for this episode. Alexander is so-so but Rosella is disappointing…

Total Posts: 31

Joined 2014-10-17

PM

^ I know right!? i think they should have stayed with the plot of Alexander saveing Rosella
at least then maybe their characters were more interesting

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I can’t believe they gave Alexander a douchey voice and a douchey face to complement his douchey outfit and haircut. He’s been in the game for all of 3 minutes and I already want him dead.

(Seriously, could he look any more like one of Trump’s sons? I’m not imagining this, right?)

Ugh.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 29 September 2016 10:15 AM

I can’t believe they gave Alexander a douchey voice and a douchey face to complement his douchey outfit and haircut. He’s been in the game for all of 3 minutes and I already want him dead.

(Seriously, could he look any more like one of Trump’s sons? I’m not imagining this, right?)

Ugh.

That was also my first impression (well, not about Trump son) but he think he got a bit better through the episode. I think Rosella was worse.
Didn’t like for the changes to KQ3 to fit the plot iin here.

I finished the game yesterday. Although it’s the episode with the most difficult puzzles, it’s also the worst one because of how it’s designed and weak story.

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Intensely unpleasant people bickering constantly (though I’m sure we’ll get a nice, sappy reconciliation in the end), tedious logic puzzles that have been done to death (and better) in countless other games, and some monkey-wrench-level bullshit on top of it all.

Do I really have to finish this episode?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Monley wrench? lol, That one was out of nowhere. You are probably near the end

The puzzles really were really uninspired, I laughed at this one:

Really?!?

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

wilco - 30 September 2016 01:50 PM

Hopefully? I stopped right after the riddles with the sassy black sphinx. Between the monkey wrench thing and the next puzzle looking particularly tedious, I lost all will to go on.

The puzzles really were really uninspired, I laughed at this one:

Really?!?

Yeah, the old Koenigsberg thing. Welcome back to high school maths!

The worst thing is, it took me a few seconds to realise what the puzzle was about, and by that time, I had already sent Alexander Cuh-douchiest to start from one of the wrong nodes—and there’s no way to abort the puzzle, so I had to go through the whole thing even though I knew it was going to fail because I hadn’t started from the right point. So much fun!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 30 September 2016 02:09 PM

Hopefully? I stopped right after the riddles with the sassy black sphinx. Between the monkey wrench thing and the next puzzle looking particularly tedious, I lost all will to go on.

Not that far but there are a couple of more boring ones. The final one at least was decent.

Alexander had a good line that represented what I was thinking when you get to the tile puzzle and Graham is all excited and he says something snarky like “A tile-puzzle? ok…”

I think the game had something to say about puzzles in old/new adventures but it never managed to achieve it

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

wilco - 30 September 2016 02:23 PM

I think the game had something to say about puzzles in old/new adventures but it never managed to achieve it

Another case of the ...effect of the fans over games development ?
haven’t started chapter.4 yet but i am (like many) of those who wanted The new KQ to push up the puzzles limit, at least for the sake of the case that KQ had always been known for its intensive puzzles

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

Well, that was awful. Awful story, awful characters, awful puzzles. At least it was short.

How did we go from the brilliant first episode to this turd???

wilco - 28 September 2016 03:58 AM

Alexander is so-so but Rosella is disappointing…

What’s wrong with Rosella? She had all of 5 lines in the entire game, but felt more or less like I’d expect.

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Sounds like they’re being faithful to the series to me. It just wouldn’t be KQ without at least some awful in it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top