• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 20th for an iPad

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’ve started playing yesterday, and the game is very different from what I remember.
Worse yet, my wife refuses to get hooked Frown Also according to her distracting the policeman became a dexterity challenge due to having to navigate the mime so that he doesn’t run into the random passer-bys - sounds like they made an unpopular puzzle worse.

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

Antrax - 03 August 2015 06:28 AM

I’ve started playing yesterday, and the game is very different from what I remember.
Worse yet, my wife refuses to get hooked Frown Also according to her distracting the policeman became a dexterity challenge due to having to navigate the mime so that he doesn’t run into the random passer-bys - sounds like they made an unpopular puzzle worse.

Actually, the mime also followed the passers-by in the original game. And I wouldn’t call it a dexterity challenge, it’s really not THAT difficult.

Overall, I liked this remake. I really liked the upgraded look, and apart from in the very beginning, I wasn’t distracted by the new voices which I thought were done quite well.

I thought the Ipad port was done well, it felt natural playing it on the Ipad.

Overall, I would really recommend both the game and the Ipad port.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I’ve found the mime puzzle the be a lot easier in the original game. In the remake, at least on PC, the mime went after the other park patrons more eagerly than he ever did on the original game. Though I don’t know if they alterad that for the tablets in the remake.

But yeah, overall it’s a good remake, easily the best game Phoenix has done what comes to overall quality. It has some poor design choices, but for anyone playing the game the first time those propably aren’t a big deal.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’ve found the mime puzzle the be a lot easier in the original game.

On the ipad, this puzzle sucked about the same as the original on the PC. One of the worst puzzles in the history of adventure gaming.

Other than this awful puzzle, the game is quite good.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I played the “entirety” of Day 1 now. It’s really gutted. You can’t go almost anywhere, which makes the game feel super linear.

I honestly don’t get turning it into a sort of episodic game, who’s going to buy up to day 4 and then give it up or whatever? I can see the appeal behind giving away some content for free so people can try it out, but I’d just leave day 1 as it is on PC and then unlock 2-10 at once and call it a day. The current structure actually makes the game seem worse than it is, IMO.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I played the “entirety” of Day 1 now. It’s really gutted. You can’t go almost anywhere, which makes the game feel super linear.

I’m actually enjoying the game very much, to me it has all of the same magic as the first one, just with better graphics.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top