• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Veovis

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gabriel Knight 20th for an iPad

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Does anyone have inside info when it’s coming? The POS page has been saying “soon” for several months now.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Well, its been soon for moebius for a year. And i believe only the first 2 episodes of cognition are on ios still. So… i wouldnt wait for it if you can play the pc version instead.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

It’s not for me, it’s the wife. The odds of her playing something through are considerably higher if it’s on her iPad, and I’d really like her to get a chance to play GK.

Thanks for the heads up though, I hadn’t realized just how far “soon” might be.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

not sure if theres much you can do with ios, but there is dosbox emulation for android… not really sure how fun that would be.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

There was a mention about them in today’s KS update:

The Gabriel Knight iPad and Android ports are being worked on, as is the Moebius Linux port. No set dates to announce yet, but we are hopeful those will come soon.

(I’m sure it’s okay to quote this little bit here even though it’s technically a backers-only update)

So, they are being worked on.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2006-12-12

PM

I gave up waiting for the iOS ports of Gabriel Knight and the final episodes of Cognition, so I purchased both, on sale, for the PC, as part of the recent GOG sale.  Both Gabriel Knight 20th anniversary and the Season Pass for Cognituon were offered at different times during that sale.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I’d love to play GK 20th on an ipad myself.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

I played it at PAX East last weekend; I’m pretty sure they’ll have an official announcement about it soon, but I think it’s coming out in a month or two.  That’s totally unofficial, though.

Bt

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Blackthorne - 13 March 2015 07:23 AM

I played it at PAX East last weekend; I’m pretty sure they’ll have an official announcement about it soon, but I think it’s coming out in a month or two.  That’s totally unofficial, though.

Bt

good to hear! AFAIK the point of this whole thing was to get to a different audience and well imo it really needs to be on mobile platforms for that to make any sense.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I played it at PAX East last weekend

You wouldn’t share how it played or anything with us?

Heart Eyes

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

It played really well; the graphics look lovely on the pad, and it was running well on an old iPad 2, as well (Which is nice, having support for older models is always cool for those who don’t always upgrade.) The control system worked nicely; an interactive gui would pop up so you could choose actions to interact with.

I really liked this on a tablet; I think it’s a great way to play this version.

Bt

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

It played really well; the graphics look lovely on the pad, and it was running well on an old iPad 2, as well (Which is nice, having support for older models is always cool for those who don’t always upgrade.) The control system worked nicely; an interactive gui would pop up so you could choose actions to interact with.

I really liked this on a tablet; I think it’s a great way to play this version.

Amazing - I so want this game. Thanks for sharing!

Heart Eyes

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Still “coming soon” Frown

Total Posts: 27

Joined 2004-03-30

PM

I remember that around the time Moebius was released, there was a very long interview with Jane Jensen in which she said she was particularly interested in the tablet market as a future for adventure games.

As someone who loves playing adventure games on the Ipad, I share Jane’s enthousiasm for the medium and therefore consider it very unfortunate that she seems to have chosen to work with a company that doesnt seem to care for the tablet market. It’s been more than half a year since GK20 was released. It’s been more than a full year since Moebius was released and apart from initially saying it would be released for ios, I can’t remember any word on the matter since then. Furthermore, it now has been almost 2 years since they released cognition episode 2 for ios with still no episode 3 in sight.

I’m beginning to believe we’ll never see these games released on ios/android. I do hope I’ll be proven wrong, though…

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Tablet conversions for several Unity based games have been far more tasking than some adventure devs originally thought, especially Android devices cause a lot of headache because of the heterogenous hardware base. And some use a middleware or an another that doesn’t support either of the major tablet OS, so that also causes issues.

A some time ago Pinekerton Road was looking for mobile testers, so I do think the game is going to be released at some point.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Jerry - 13 June 2015 03:07 PM

I’m beginning to believe we’ll never see these games released on ios/android. I do hope I’ll be proven wrong, though…

Backer update said something to the effect that beta codes for ipad version went out to backers who signed up for it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top