• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

SpeedBoTimovieMan

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quasar: Deluxe Edition by Crystal Shard now available!

Total Posts: 52

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Hey everyone!

We are pleased to announce our latest offering, Quasar: Deluxe Edition, is now available for purchase from Desura and Fireflower games.

Spending too much time on a spaceship can make anybody edgy. Can the crew of the Quasar nevertheless learn to cooperate? On the spaceship, the lack of shore time causes tension to run high. The latest argument has proved too much, with each of the crew stalking off to different parts of the ship. To the medical officer, bringing these warring characters back together will be no easy task.

In this short adventure game, you control four different characters as they explore the ship, each with their own skills and reactions to the environment. Instead of on puzzle solving, the game focuses on the personalities of the characters and their interactions. The game is fully voiced, and includes translations to French, German, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, Spanish, and Russian.

The deluxe edition features enhanced graphics and professional voice acting.

Trailer:

Desura page: http://www.desura.com/games/quasar
Fireflower page: http://fireflowergames.com/shop/quasar/

For more about us and our games, visit our website: http://www.crystalshard.net

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Hey, nice to see that you’ve done a commercial game as well. Heroine’s Quest is one of my favourite AG’s that has came out in recent years, so I’ll be checking this one out as well.

One question before I plunge in though. If you’ll ever get this to Steam or GOG, is it possible to get a key there as well? I understand if that’s out of the question, but I do like my games in locations I remember they are Grin

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Thanks Tomimt!

We weren’t able to get this game on GOG as the game is short and very niche, and we don’t currently have plans to take this to Steam Greenlight at the moment (we would need more ‘reach’ and publicity for Greenlight to be successful). But if we can eventually get the game on Steam and get a key generator (or a bunch of keys to distribute ourselves), then we wouldn’t have a problem sending out a key to those who have already purchased the game.

In case you’re looking for more information on the original game, AG wrote about it in the December 2011 Following Freeware: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/18650/page2 .

The main reason for doing the deluxe edition is to start getting some of our lesser known games onto distribution sites so that they get a little more exposure, and also to help as a set up for our future games. Though Heroine’s Quest is available on Steam, we can’t expect to get all our games on there for free. Aside from that, it’s because I wasn’t happy with the original graphics I did and wanted to improve the quality of our portfolio.

Our next planned adventure release will be a deluxe edition of Warthogs (the Harry Potter parody which we released back in 2006). After that, we have a couple of other original projects to work on (albeit not adventure games). We’ll be planning to work on another original adventure after that though; Radiant has already given me a brief on the concept Smile

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Well, I did buy this from Desura, so if you’ll ever get it in Steam, a key would be nice.

I already gave it a quick spin and I noticed two bugs: In Morgana interface you can find hotspots from the screen that are meant for different rooms. Like the sign and the nightstand hotspots are always on, no matter what the room is.

Also, when you click the TV screen there’s a smaller image thrown on the right upper corner of the screen.

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Thanks for the report. Seems the TV glitch slipped past me because the bug wasn’t there in an earlier build. I’ll let Radiant know Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Have you contacted Marek about possibly being included in AdventureGamers’ brand new store? Wink

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

We will be (I just need to check that Radiant hasn’t already beaten me to it!).

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

If you get it on AdventureGamers’ store, it’ll be my first purchase there. I played it back when it was mentioned in Following Freeware and I really enjoyed it.

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

Just a heads up that we sent an update to Desura (to fix the bugs reported by Tomimt) and it should be available now.

Radiant is going to see if we can get Quasar into the AdventureGamers store in the near future Smile

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Just picked it up on Desura.

And even though you couldn’t get it on GOG, I made a wishlist entry for it: http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/quasar_deluxe_edition

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Thanks, just voted for it on Gog

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

I voted too. You should also get it on Steam Greenlight, I’ll definitely vote for it there too.

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Any update on when it’s coming to the Adventure Gamers Store? I’m really looking forward to buy it there Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

instant buy as thanks for the unbelievably good heroine’s quest Smile

Joined 2013-02-23

PM

giom - 04 April 2015 07:13 PM

Any update on when it’s coming to the Adventure Gamers Store? I’m really looking forward to buy it there Smile

Radiant said that he signed a contract so it will be coming to the AG store, I don’t know about timing though!

Zane - thanks, really appreciate it Smile

Total Posts: 35

Joined 2012-03-07

PM

Enjoyed Heroine’s Quest, so voted and bought.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top