• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Gamers Store launches!

Total Posts: 244

Joined 2011-02-27

PM

The new store for adventure games that we announced a few weeks ago has launched today! You can read more details about the store (and how it will live alongside AG) in the announcement article here: http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/28256

The launch catalog includes 35 PC titles from developers and publishers including Wadjet Eye, Daedalic, Screen 7 and more. Among the launch catalog is the remastered edition of ASA: A Space Adventure which was released just yesterday, as well as the exclusive PC debut of The Adventures Of Betram Fiddle (previously available on iOS only)! Many more games will be added over the coming weeks and months.

You can check out the store at https://store.adventuregamers.com

Retired AG founder

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Great news, good luck with the new store !

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice layout. Will use it.

(Shouldn’t have bought ASA from Steam yesterday Frown )

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Said it before and I’ll say it again, great idea, and it looks good too! Godspeed, gentlemen and women!

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

wilco - 05 March 2015 01:48 PM

Err… seeing as it’s $10 on steam and 15 Euro on AG, you may want to stick with Steam.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Antrax - 05 March 2015 03:27 PM
wilco - 05 March 2015 01:48 PM

Err… seeing as it’s $10 on steam and 15 Euro on AG, you may want to stick with Steam.

It’s also 15 euro on Steam for me (regional pricing?)

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Hey, ASA is not $10 on Steam - or it is a huge mistake from The Icehouse, that I am going to check. The game is sold $14.99 for the moment, and Steam converts it to 14.99€ (if we choose a lower price in euros, the price is shown in red in the list in our admin panel of the game, saying : “not good, guys!”).

Or unless you’re not talking in US $?  Actually on Steam you can purchase ASA for $9.99 from Commonwealth of independant states. I don’t really know why, but it was set by Steam too.

Thank you Wilco for your support by purchasing the game.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Congrats on the store. Quick question, any plans to sell games in dollars for us Americans?

Total Posts: 1341

Joined 2012-02-17

PM

SoccerDude, as per the store’s FAQ:

Can I view prices in other currencies?

We are launching with Euro as the default currency as we are based in the E.U. We may launch USD and GBP stores in the future. You can still pay with PayPal or your credit card in whichever currency you use; the exact amount will be shown at payment.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Weird, I looked again at Steam and now it’s $15. I could’ve sworn it was on discount yesterday.

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Congratulations on getting a store with an exclusive game as well!
Also, great selection of publishers and games to start. I already own 23 / 35 of the games so that is a good ratio!

I hope you are able to get some classics not on GOG.com or that they don’t think are worthwhile since it is going to be hard to support this store over GOG when their downloads are also DRM-Free and cheaper since I do not have to pay in Euros.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TheLongestJourney - 06 March 2015 03:37 AM

I hope you are able to get some classics not on GOG.com or that they don’t think are worthwhile

I’m convinced that - in the long run - this is going to be the main selling point for the store: all the adventure games that Steam didn’t bother with, and GOG doesn’t have.
Pretty sure there are plenty of those around. Neither Steam nor GOG are specialized in adventure games. This store will be. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 78

Joined 2005-12-09

PM

Any plans for other currencies besides USD and GBP?

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Store looks great, guys.  Good luck!

Bt

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Just a tip for those asking for currencies. For me it usually ends up being cheaper for low amounts (below $20) to go through paypal and let it do the conversion than to purchase in a foreign currency with my credit card…

I think this is great idea with a good launch selection (although, I already have most of them Smile)

I only have two suggestions though:
- It’d be great if you could add a link to the review of the game on http://www.adventuregamers.com
- I would love it if you could eventually sell both the steam key and DRM free download (like on the humble store). Even if I tend to prefer being sure that I have a DRM free copy of the game. Having the Steam key is a nice convenience and it’s a pity that if I buy a game on http://www.wadjeteyegames.com through the humble widget I get both a DRM free download and a steam key but not if I buy through you.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top