• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissie

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Baader Meinhof Phenomenon - Psychological thriller

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Hey all

I just spotted this on kickstarter and I really love the concept and the visuals. Check it out: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/beardedpixel/the-baader-meinhof-phenomenon

The Baader Meinhof Phenomenon is a fixed camera angle psychological thriller that aims to bring the old school back in this emotionally driven story about a man and his battle with mental health problems.

Blaming himself for what happened, it’s the manifestation of his guilt and self-loathing that will slowly start to encroach on his reality. It’s up to you to find out what really happened and uncover the village’s dark secrets before you completely lose your mind.

The village is an incredibly important part of this project because as a team we feel that a proper British village had never accurately been represented in a game before. The local shop, pub, town hall and post office are integral to the daily workings of a small community like this and they play a key part in the narrative.

During the day these villages are the most welcoming and picturesque places you can visit in England. But when night falls they almost take on a completely different persona, the once beautiful buildings now loom like faces grinning through the fog and the inviting atmosphere has long since disappeared.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

This is not just an adventure game either guys. This game will help awareness around Mental health issues and here in good old england, mental health support is not where it should be. Certainly not equal to physical health. So I think this reaches a whole new level on desserving support.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I think it looks really interesting but I just can’t afford anything now. Maybe I should put in a pound or two just to show support though.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Even a pound means a lot to indie devs and it is just as appreciated as higher pledges because your giving what little you have. I could only afford a small pledge too unfortunatly but it all adds up

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Dean&Kate; - 06 March 2015 09:25 AM

This game will help awareness around Mental health issues and here in good old england, mental health support is not where it should be. Certainly not equal to physical health.

True that. Not just England, but the whole world needs more education on mental health. It’s great to see a game take on that subject!

My sister has always struggled with really bad anxiety and worse, and is currently studying in England. Here in Norway she had decent support which helped her get through her studies, but over there she’s all on her own, even having troubles getting her prescriptions on time. Studying abroad with massive anxiety and deep depression, away from everyone and everything you know and love, is an incredibly exhausting task, very few people can really understand what she’s going through every day.

Even here in Norway, supposedly one of the most educated countries in the world, mental health care has a LONG way to go. The biggest problem here is that the most people, however educated, seems to believe that mental illness isn’t real, or is something that can be easily cured or just shaken off, some even think it’s just lazyness. You wouldn’t go telling a cancer-patient to “just snap out of it” would you?

If you actually know how to form an articulate sentence, and don’t drool or pull your hair out, very few people are gonna believe you if you tell them you struggle. But the day they find you hanging from a rope, they’re all like: “he seemed so happy”.

There is so much shame, guilt and stigma connected to admitting to suffering from anything psychological, that many people choose to deal with their battle all on their own and hide it from the outside world. Not surprisingly, this often has tragic results.

The uphill battle of those with mentall illness could become much less steep if everyone around were able be more understanding and caring.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Building upon my previous comment. If you can not help financially, it is even better to help by spreading the word. Other people become aware and then they tell more, Lets get the word of mouth traing oing peeps, a quick tweet or a facebook post can go a long way.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

Dag - 07 March 2015 12:27 PM
Dean&Kate; - 06 March 2015 09:25 AM

This game will help awareness around Mental health issues and here in good old england, mental health support is not where it should be. Certainly not equal to physical health.

True that. Not just England, but the whole world needs more education on mental health. It’s great to see a game take on that subject!

My sister has always struggled with really bad anxiety and worse, and is currently studying in England. Here in Norway she had decent support which helped her get through her studies, but over there she’s all on her own, even having troubles getting her prescriptions on time. Studying abroad with massive anxiety and deep depression, away from everyone and everything you know and love, is an incredibly exhausting task, very few people can really understand what she’s going through every day.

Even here in Norway, supposedly one of the most educated countries in the world, mental health care has a LONG way to go. The biggest problem here is that the most people, however educated, seems to believe that mental illness isn’t real, or is something that can be easily cured or just shaken off, some even think it’s just lazyness. You wouldn’t go telling a cancer-patient to “just snap out of it” would you?

If you actually know how to form an articulate sentence, and don’t drool or pull your hair out, very few people are gonna believe you if you tell them you struggle. But the day they find you hanging from a rope, they’re all like: “he seemed so happy”.

There is so much shame, guilt and stigma connected to admitting to suffering from anything psychological, that many people choose to deal with their battle all on their own, and hide it from the outside world - not surprisingly, this often has tragic results.

The uphill battle of those with mentall illness could become much less steep if everyone around were able be more understanding and caring.

I know exactly what you mean. The stigma can really stop people seeking help. No one wants to admit they have mental difficulties in todays society. It is a very important issue. I have children with Autism and ADHD and social anxiety. I want a better world for them in mental health. I know this one game wont fix all the problems, but it is an important foundation and a direction we should all be supporting.

Joined 2014-08-09

PM

I also really like the stress and reputation system that the description covers. Saying the wrong things will lead to consequences. This suggests to me that not only do you have multiple conversation options and actions but there is replay ability to find the best way to get the villagers to help and talk to you. I think it is great to give the villagers there own distinct characters which cause you to be careful with how you approach them.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top