• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

CarlesGabe

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Black mirror 2/3

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

So, I’m almost at the end of 3, and I thank you guys for the recommendation. They are, although easier, far better games than the original. Highly recommended.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Total Posts: 509

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

This thread makes me thinking of replaying the series. I have very good memories of the first one but found the sequels to be pretty bad, although not complete rubbish. My main problem with the sequels was the way Cranberry kind of forced characters from the first game into the sequels and tried to make comedy of the situations they had found themselves in. When the story needed a character they for some reason had to use someone from the first game, no matter how improbable it seemed for that person to have become what he/she had become. The basic premise for the sequels, which are really one long game, is sound in itself and there were really no need to reuse characters just for the sake of it imo. It felt contrived and stupid to me. I also remember growing very tired of the main protagonist. Both the character as such and the way he was played. It will be interesting to see if I feel the same way about the games this time around!

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

I’m not sure what series you’re thinking of, but there’s actually not that much character reuse, whatever there is makes a lot of sense in the context of the story and it’s far from being a comedy.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

2. And 3 for me were solid horror adventure games quite different from the first and very somber in tone. While I liked the first in the series, 2 and 3 I enjoyed more.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 134

Joined 2007-03-25

PM

Antrax - 27 August 2015 02:19 PM

I’m not sure what series you’re thinking of, but there’s actually not that much character reuse, whatever there is makes a lot of sense in the context of the story and it’s far from being a comedy.

Agreed. I would need to hear further explanation about what characters were used again wrongly. I never once felt that any characters from the first game made an unnecessary appearance in the second or third games. In fact, I would have been surprised if any didn’t appear again to cover up the Gordon curse.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Well I ended up plóughing through the third one as well, as I got it cheap from a sale. All in all, as far gameplay goes 2 and 3 are far above the first one, but that’s pretty much all the positives I can say about them.

The scrip, while has potential, is mostly a jumbles mess of horror cliches and almost all of the characters are just horribly written. The puzzles are mostly your usual adventure fare and I couldn’t help escape the feeling that all of the games have been artifically padded to be longer than they need to be, third one especially felt far too long the same way Jack Keane 1 does (a game I just stopped playing all to gether after I checked a walkthrough and noticed that after a time that felt like an eternity I would have had another one to suffer.)

Overall, I think, if you feel you just MUST play a horror game and you’ve exhusted all the better options, I guess you could give BM games a go, but don’t go an pay full price of them, as despite I paid around 5 dollars from all of them, I still feel a bit cheated.

Total Posts: 509

Joined 2005-07-07

PM

rottford - 28 August 2015 12:19 AM
Antrax - 27 August 2015 02:19 PM

Agreed. I would need to hear further explanation about what characters were used again wrongly. I never once felt that any characters from the first game made an unnecessary appearance in the second or third games. In fact, I would have been surprised if any didn’t appear again to cover up the Gordon curse.

It was a few years since i played them but one I seem to remember is Murray the pawn shop owner in the first game and for some bizarre reason a hotel owner in the sequels. Murray the character in the sequels felt borderline silly to me. Seem to remember several other characters that reappeared in a way that felt forced to me.

Just finished the first chapter of the first game and looking forward to playing the sequels again too. Maybe My memories of them are wrong. Hope I can stand listening to the voice of Samuel the whole first game through though… The voice acting is more horrific than anything else in the game. And the voice itself is completely wrong for the character.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Seems everyone has different experiences with the series. I thought the second game had little to do with the first game (mood and settings) and I found it rather uninteresting. The third game came closer to the original game (id) and was quite satisfying. But it couldn’t compete with the first game, which is a game I have played three times, and is certainly in my top 5%. But then, compared to hundreds of other games, I liked Mystery of the Druids also very much (in terms of gameplay), a game that was criticized by quite some players.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

BM 2 and 3 are different enough from the first to actually have different fans, with some liking them better than the first and some much less than the first.

I myself liked 2 and 3 better than the first. I actually found them to be among my favorite horror adventure games,

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Finished 3 today. The ending was a bit bleh but I guess they ran out of budget, it seems clear they were aiming for something more grandiose and had to settle for a rather short sequence followed by “a winner is you”.

Still two decent games, and after the first it was refreshing to see a game that didn’t try to fuck me over constantly. I think I prefer the second over the third, though.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I just finished playing black mirror 1 today and I have to say that I did enjoy it.  but, some of the puzzles were pretty obscure.  When you had to walk around for a while before the priest would tell you what happened to his ancestor…. well, that was lame. I wonder what was the trigger for him finally telling you????  just the time? or did you have to go to so many places?  That was a POS puzzle.  Now that I finished the 1st game, I think I will do 2 and 3 too.

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Oddly enough, I preferred the second to the third as well. Although I enjoyed all three. I do recommend playing them in order if at all possible.

Heart

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top