• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

chrissieKeybordzSpeedBozobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

White Night

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This looks great. Stylish black and white puzzle survival horror. Releasing this week on PC/PS4/XboxOne

The dark will reveal all…

…In this third-person narrative-driven survival horror game set in the jazz/noir-era of the 1930s.

Stranded and injured in the dead of night after an unfortunate automobile accident, players must investigate a nearby dilapidated mansion and interact with their surroundings in search of aid and answers. White Night challenges players to confront the nightmares of the past on an adventure in which darkness is the enemy… and darkness is everywhere.

http://osome-studio.com/whitenight/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301560/

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

wilco - 01 March 2015 06:10 PM

This looks great. Stylish black and white puzzle survival horror. Releasing this week on PC/PS4/XboxOne

The dark will reveal all…

…In this third-person narrative-driven survival horror game set in the jazz/noir-era of the 1930s.

Stranded and injured in the dead of night after an unfortunate automobile accident, players must investigate a nearby dilapidated mansion and interact with their surroundings in search of aid and answers. White Night challenges players to confront the nightmares of the past on an adventure in which darkness is the enemy… and darkness is everywhere.

http://osome-studio.com/whitenight/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/301560/

This game has been on my radar since last year’s E3. It has a very unique look, and the idea of using a match to provide the light source in a very dark environment is pretty cool and provides for a tense atmosphere. I am excited about this one.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

It’s out now. Here’s a review: http://moviepilot.com/reviews/2015/03/02/white-night-ps4-review-a-classic-survival-horror-2744361?lt_source=external,manual,manual

Sounds really good.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 03 March 2015 02:28 PM

It’s out now. Here’s a review: http://moviepilot.com/reviews/2015/03/02/white-night-ps4-review-a-classic-survival-horror-2744361?lt_source=external,manual,manual

Sounds really good.

It does indeed, another game to buy, this year will dry my finances out.

Do share impressions on story and length.

White Night is a gripping game. One that embraces classic horror video games like Alone in the Dark. It embraces is strong characters, mature storytelling, compelling environments, tension, terror and great puzzles. There’s beautiful homages throughout the work to video games, Noir cinema and German expressionism

Whats kind of expressionism is that??

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I guess this: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Expressionism

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I played for a bit, creepy atmosphere with good voice acting and sounds. Seems like a game to be played in the dark with headphones. Took some screenshots on Steam of the beautiful outdoors mansion scenario but they all came out pitch black Neutral
It does feel like Alone in the Dark but with great black and white art design.

I was surprised to see the Activision name in the beginning, I didn’t know they were publishing it…

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Finally got it.

So far, it’s good. The puzzles are pretty decent and haven’t stretched into dumb territory while the game seems to be a Resident Evil lite. It has no combat or gore, but the atmosphere the art style creates does make you forever searching for a light source in panic of what might happen. Thankfully, the game offers plenty of matchsticks to get you around the house and help you explore - If they had gotten that wrong, I suspect they’d be a lot players putting the game down.

It’s also worth mentioning, the story seems pretty decent so far too. Perhaps a little basic for a haunted house type of game, but it’s built on solid foundations.

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Sooo…

Is know one else playing this? Think I’m about half way now and the puzzles are still good and logical. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Just finished this. Here’s my spoiler free thoughts:

As I said earlier, the game plays like the older Resident Evil series, but without the combat and puzzles being the focus point. The story is decent enough as it’s told through cutscenes and diaries/letters from the owners scattered around the house for you to pick up and collect. This leads to some reply value, but personally, unless you somehow miss a lot, I don’t think you’ll really need to or want to.

Expect from the last puzzle, I thought they were all fairly well thought out and done well.

My only complaint really is the length. It isn’t that long of a game, but I kinda felt like it could of done being shortened a little bit. There are five chapters in total, but by around the end of the fourth, you can kinda see where the story is heading. I think, if they had just done some minor cutting here and there, it would of benefited the story and the game overall.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Thanks for the impressions. About how long did it take to finish it?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

About 5/6 hours I’d say. I guess it depends on the puzzles mind. I didn’t get stuck for too long on many, but that last one…It’s not that it’s bad really, it just lacks execution. To work out what you need to do seemed a bit random.

Also, it’s not scary if anyone was wondering. It’s more unnerving as you find a source of light (or light matchsticks) or stand in the dark.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Up for grabs for just 7.5$, worth it?
Is the story good enough to go through atleast once?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

For that price, yeah.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top