• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

About the term visual novel and Japanese adventures

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Tad - 26 February 2015 05:09 PM

Did anyone ever play Snatcher by the way? I managed to play it a few years ago and despite being dated, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. It was one of those games I just couldn’t put down.

yes, its quite good, you should also consider playing policenauts if possible.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Yeah, I’ve heard good things about that. It’s meant to be a right pain in the behind to find though. It wasn’t even English was it?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

theres a fan translation in english, so you’d have to play it in rom form.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Cool I’ll take a look. Thanks Smile

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Just now I’m playing Loren The Amazon Princess which is a turn-based RPG but apart from the RPG elements it plays like a VN and it is also listed on The Visual Novel Database site. I’d probably call it a rpg/vn hybrid.

It’s part of the IndieGala’s Heart Attack bundle that has several visual novels or visual novel hybrids. I actually have extra copies of couple of those otome dating sims it has, if anyone wants to try them out. (Flower Shop: Winter in Fairbrook and Always Remember Me)

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

A pure Visual Novel is coming to the VITA this summer -

Xblaze: Lost memories

I will pick this up day one.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I just read an article on a developer making an adventure game saying how amazing it wa that the PSVITA was such a home for adventure games and visual novels in Japan.

Many Japanese games contain visual novel elements like the new Dancing game Persona 4 Dancing All Night has a story mode which is 90 per cent visual novel.

Danganronpa 3 is now going to be releaed in 2016 and will contain both visual novel and adventure game elements.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top