• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Caption Contest!

Total Posts: 5589

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Jackson Pollock working on a canvas during his Red Period

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

YOU ARE HAVING A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE, WHICH INESCAPABLY MEANS I MUST HAVE A NEAR SHAWN O’CONNER EXPERIENCE. DON’T MIND ME. CARRY ON WITH WHATEVER YOU WERE DOING. I HAVE A DRINK.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

There are so many wonderful captions but after taking some time to slowly read the backward words I just couldn’t stop laughing! Laughing

Lady Kestrel - 04 February 2017 09:41 PM

Carl’s confusion turned to horror when he read the words written on the outside of the plastic tent:

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Robin Hood awakens after a night of looting.
Maid Marion spent the night luting.

A QTE?????

Telltale Games is making a Mortal Kombat game. Some teaser screenshots:

Prince Goro in a fight.

Raiden in a tuxedo.

Sub-Zero and Scorpion in their leisure time.

A desk job just isn’t Gabriel Knight’s thing…

The original concept art for Captain Jack Sparrow was a little too Errol Flynn and not enough Johnny Depp.

“Look, this lightning rod should go… GAAAAAAH! Jennifer! I told you not to wear that wool sweater!”

“Damnit, Jennifer, I told you not to pass by my desk while wearing that wool sweater!”

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Yay for Mortal Kombat references!! Grin Grin How about:

and, of course, the infamous:

SEXALITY!!!

You have the whole weekend for some late additions, don’t miss your chance for amazing awards!

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Monkey Island 5 is going to be produced by Disney Interactive. And here’s Guybrush singing “A Whole New Ship” with his fellow undead pirates.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

The sequel to Papers, Please called Papers, OMG!

“Rainy days should be spent at home with a cup of tea and a good book.” -Bill Watterson

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

“Toothless”, “Bald”, “Big Ears”... and still the one nickname that had Jack “blood spitting” furious was ““Mr. Eyebrow”.

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

diego - 31 January 2017 11:36 AM

Lady:
“Alas my love, you do me wrong
Am I going to wait forever?
For you to post the caption results
Late is better than never”

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

(singing)

“Wake up, little Diego, wake up
Wake up, little Diego, wake up
We need to know the results, wake up, little Diego, and post
The contest’s over, it’s long past due, and we’re all waiting here
Wake up, little Diego”

“AAAARGH! Just post the results already!!!”

Diego, looking at this thread…

Diego, sifting through his notes, looking to compile the results.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 17

Joined 2012-06-13

PM

‘Twist my head left..papers fly up. Twist my head right.. papers fall down. Think I’m getting the hang of this.’

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And the Oscar goes to…

LA LA LAN… No, wait.

Iznogood - 02 February 2017 08:54 AM

You know .. this wasn’t quite what I meant when I said you could play my instrument!

Lady Kestrel - 04 February 2017 09:54 PM

Jackson Pollock working on a canvas during his Red Period

Advie - 31 January 2017 12:29 PM

“Shit!, i thought you were a girl??”

Bitano - 31 January 2017 02:32 PM

You thwarted my plans for the last time, mother-in-law!

chrissie - 02 February 2017 05:53 AM

It was a bad day to have run-out of wig adhesive.

TimovieMan - 08 February 2017 04:38 PM

The original concept art for Captain Jack Sparrow was a little too Errol Flynn and not enough Johnny Depp.

Advie - 01 February 2017 06:42 PM

Look, if you would go on complaining about how my feet smells then i am telling you now you won’t like it here.. living among the dead .

Great!! You win:

THE BEST GUITAR LESSON YOU’LL EVER GET!

Make-up tutorial:

And How to build an office robot!

Runners-up

chrissie - 03 February 2017 09:37 AM

John soon realised that he had misinterpreted the Ad in ‘Musicians Weekly’ on hiring “A Lady who will twang her strings for you for an evening”

Bitano - 31 January 2017 02:32 PM

ALL RIGHT WHO WAS IT?! WHO PUT THE BUCKET OF RED PAINT ON TOP OF THE DOOR?!?

Lady Kestrel - 04 February 2017 09:41 PM

Carl’s confusion turned to horror when he read the words written on the outside of the plastic tent:

Iznogood - 02 February 2017 08:54 AM

War of the Currents (the game):

Nikola Tesla: So miss, you still believe that Edison’s direct current is superior to MY alternating current?
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Lady Kestrel - 18 February 2017 12:13 PM

The sequel to Papers, Please called Papers, OMG!

TimovieMan - 08 February 2017 04:38 PM

Sub-Zero and Scorpion in their leisure time.

Congratulations! You win:

Best Guitar Improvisation Ever!

The truth behind lightning:

And - How to approach a woman!

Thanks for playing! See you at the Oscar’s afterparty!!!

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thanks diego for the inspiring screenshots & I’m very honoured to be a winner + runner-up as I did find many of the other captions far funnier than mine!

I won’t be greedy & just accept two of the prizes the 1st one being the bees knees THE BEST GUITAR LESSON YOU’LL EVER GET!
as I always wondered how Santa spent his time in-between Christmases & also I now know finally how to progress from playing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star very slowly on guitar to playing the blues which I love. 

Once I’ve mastered that I’ll try this:
Best Guitar Improvisation Ever!
Laughing  Thumbs Up

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

diego - 28 February 2017 07:14 PM

THE BEST GUITAR LESSON YOU’LL EVER GET!

Brilliant! That guy is insane(ly awesome)! Grin

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Thanks for hosting this hilarious round, Diego, and for the wonderfully wacky prizes.  Thumbs Up

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top