• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

rtrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Quarterfinal 2 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

Day of the Tentacle.

It might be the nostalgia factor talking but I’ve replayed DOTT so many times and I have so much memories of playing it that I’m going to choose it.

Both are amazing games, TLJ’s story is more epic with a nicely developed mythologie around it. DOTT is more whimsy but has better puzzles.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

The Longest Journey

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 192

Joined 2006-08-07

PM

This is excruciating…! I can see DotT seems to sit quite comfortably in the lead. Well, I think I’ll have to go for the epic story rather than lovely time-travel puzzles this time. So my vote goes to The Longest Journey.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

The Longest Journey

DotT is a funny game based on a brilliant idea with a clever puzzle design, but that is also all it is!. If all you want is a few laughs and some aha moments then it is not a bad game to play, but this is the quarterfinal in the crowning of the best adventure game ever made, and to win you have to offer more than that, much much more than that.

TJL on the other hand is EPIC, it is The Lord of the Rings of adventure games, it is the full package, it is a big dramatic story set in a vivid and large universe with loads of side stories, mythology and background, it is science fiction and fantasy combined in one, it is one of the best written heroines of all times combined with one of the funniest sidekicks of all time, it is emotional it is funny it is thrilling and it is unpredictable , it is everything you can possibly want from an AG all combined in a single game.
It is in my less than humble opinion the best adventure game ever made!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

And here I thought that DoTT was killing TLJ Laughing

Let me echo Iznogoods wise words:

The Longest Journey (that’s my vote!)

I do like DOTT, but The Longest Journey is Top 5 material, DoTT is not, despite it being hilariously funny, well written and fun to play.

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

TLJ

Total Posts: 1653

Joined 2014-02-08

PM

Day of the Tentacle

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

day of the tentacle

has anyone else had trouble posting in these new topics? i keep getting error messages.

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

DOTT

Total Posts: 268

Joined 2008-07-05

PM

zane - 25 January 2015 03:00 PM

day of the tentacle

has anyone else had trouble posting in these new topics? i keep getting error messages.

Yep, me too. Wouldn’t let me this morning or this evening when I tried to send “The Longest Journey”...as soon as I wrote TLJ it worked!?! Personally I think it’s someone trying to favour DOOT - admit it Zane, you wanted to vote for TLJ really, didn’t you Wink?

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

DaveyB - 25 January 2015 04:08 PM

Yep, me too. Wouldn’t let me this morning or this evening when I tried to send “The Longest Journey”...as soon as I wrote TLJ it worked!?! Personally I think it’s someone trying to favour DOOT - admit it Zane, you wanted to vote for TLJ really, didn’t you Wink?

hah! no but it wouldnt let me enter “day of the tentacle” either! Instead i typed “test test test” and it worked, and then i edited it to my choice Tongue

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

zane - 25 January 2015 03:00 PM

DaveyB - 25 January 2015 04:08 PM

Yep, me too.

This one?

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Excellent picture Diego Grin

I also have this problem often when I try posting, but only if my browser doesn’t load the page where I post fully.

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

diego - 25 January 2015 05:33 PM

This one?

i dont think so, its something like “Unable to receive your submission at this time”
And i just tested… if i try to make another post in this thread that just says “pandora directive” it doesnt let me post it every time.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top