• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

R16 Bracket 1 - The Big AG VS Tournament

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Monkey Island 2
The Curse of Monkey Island

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

M1: Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge - The Whispered World is a fantastic game, the one that shows how should adventure games improve further, without losing their identity and staying what they truly are. But nevertheless, MI2 is the pinnacle of adventure gaming experience and should deservingly advance further

M2: The Curse of Monkey Island - CMI is a game that gave me much more enjoyment while playing it and after several replays I still can’t see anything that special in Tex Murphy games except title character’s great charisma

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Nice touch with the quotes

M1 - MI2
M2 - Pandora Directive

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

1 - Monkey Island 2: LeChuck’s Revenge - no contest here
2 - Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - not just a better game, but a funnier game

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

1. I’ll wait until Saturday to vote. I’ll be further along in The Whispered World then and will be able to make a better assessment.

2. The Curse of Monkey Island - see my quote in the OP. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Match 1

The Whispered World                 4

Match 2

Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive       10

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Nice touch with the quotes Bogi Thumbs Up

1) The whispered World

I’m going to follow Sefir’s lead on this one…
... and let the ending be the deciding factor.

(Spoiler for the sake of Timoviman and anyone else who doesn’t know how either games ends - though I don’t reveal the actual endings)
[spoiler]Both has a major twist at the end, but where MI2’s ending is completely non sequitur and just a twist for the sake of having a twist, then the ending in TWW is much more “I see dead people”. It flips the story 180 degrees and everything we have experienced in the game suddenly takes on a completely new meaning, but it all makes perfect sense, and you can only fault yourself if you didn’t see it coming, as the clues are all there and the story only really makes sense with this ending, there simply couldn’t be any other meaningful ending to the story.[/spoiler]

Also, I think Daedelic deserves a bit of love from this community.

2) The Pandora Directive

Curse is my personal favourite Monkey Island game, which also means that it is pretty high on my favourite games list, BUT Pandora Directive is not only my favourite game in the Tex Murphy series, but also one of my absolute favourite games.
So Tex wins this round pretty clearly in my book.

It almost breaks my heart having to vote against two MI games in this bracket - But that is the name of the game.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 19 January 2015 06:40 AM

1. I’ll wait until Saturday to vote. I’ll be further along in The Whispered World then and will be able to make a better assessment.

Just admit it - Your are hoping you will be able act as the tie-breaker and cast the deciding vote Shifty Eyed

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Thanks Wilco, Iznogood and Sefir Smile

I’m not sure why there seems to be general opinion that on these boards there is much love for Monkey Island games. On the contrary, I always felt that in comparison to other adventure gaming forums here that love was lacking and now it gets its confirmation.
Just like a fact that there weren’t any non-JJ Sierra games among the 32 best, I’m eager to see some more “King is naked” moments Smile

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Iznogood - 19 January 2015 07:46 AM

I think Daedelic deserves a bit of love from this community.

Well, The Whispered World was not even present in the Top-100 game list of this site (I still can’t believe how that happened), took the 4-vote nomination for this community contest in the very last day and still managed to be in the Top-16 against heavy names. Even if it doesn’t proceed from this matchup, I believe that the love was already shown.

EDIT: I forgot to congratulate Bogi for the quote presentation! Smile

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Curse
Curse

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 19 January 2015 08:29 AM

Curse
Curse

Double Curse?

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Delete your post! Perhaps Bogi won’t notice.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

diego - 19 January 2015 08:53 AM

Delete your post! Perhaps Bogi won’t notice.

No vote for TWW?
I expected better from you… Shifty Eyed

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 19 January 2015 09:00 AM

No vote for TWW?
I expected better from you… Shifty Eyed

Against Monkey 2?! No vote. (see here)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top