• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

kanaifu

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

ASA - Remastered Edition

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes of course, I remember you Josiah now! It’s great to find my good old friends of the AM community around here Wink

The demo you’re talking about was probably the prototype of Catyph?
It’s still available on the AG forums here, on page3 (at the bottom).
You could try it on your usual computer, and if it works, you will have no problem with ASA Remastered! (made with the same engine). On another hand, if it doesn’t work well, it doesn’t mean that ASA won’t work, because Catyph uses video transitions that require more resources.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Finally ASA: Remastered Edition will release tomorrow (March, 4) on Steam!

The game has been approved by Valve and it seems that we succeeded in uploading it. Honestly it’s quite difficult when you do it for the first time, and it took us longer than expected. But it’s done!

ASA will be DRM free (even on Steam, yes), and will cost 14.99$. Also, please take in consideration that the Windows version will also be available on the all new Adventure Gamers Store on Thurday (approximately)!
It is still possible to purchase the original version of ASA from december 2012 on Desura (7.99€).

You can see the launch trailer here:

This is the page of the game on Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/329980/
I hope you can also see the game soon on the Adventure Gamers Store.
Anyway, the different stores will be listed here.

And moreover, I hope that you like this new version in HD, with an improved English translation, and more. I recommend playing with a large screen (at least 17”) because some of the fonts are a little small.
If you have questions about this new version, or if you have issues after the release, please feel free to get in touch with me, either here on AG or anywhere else, and if I don’t reply to your messages, do not hesitate to get in touch by email through my website simonmesnard.fr

I wish you a great space adventure Tongue Enjoy!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

Simon, I notice you are thinking of a DVD release. Any idea of price and timeframe?

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes there will be a DVD release. As written in the Launch trailer of ASA Remastered, it will be a self-published DVD.

The page of the DVD is here:
http://shop.theicehouse.fr/games-dvd—-asa-remastered-edition.html

For the moment, we prefer to wait a few more days before we release it (one week, probably). There is always a risk that people have issues or bugs with the digital release, so we would work to fix them as fast as possible. As a result, the DVD will be based on this fixed version and won’t need any patch later.
Hopefully there won’t be any bug to fix, but you never know…

As soon as the DVD is available on the above link, you will have to wait several more days before you receive it. As it is self-publish, it takes longer to burn the files and print the covers. Everything is managed by Trepstar.com who ships internationally from the US.
I have received a copy of ASA (original version) DVD, and the result was nice. Not perfect, but nice.
Photos:

The price of the DVD should be around $20.

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

Just a quick question, will the DVD copy be DRM free?

Now a days you can’t be too sure.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

You’re right, so let’s make things clear:
ASA: Remastered Edition is DRM free everywhere! On Steam, on the Adventure Gamers Store, and on DVD.
So unless a new store sells the game with a DRM policy that I am unaware of, ASA is and will always be DRM free.
The DVD will contain the files of the game, no need to extract, no need to install: double-click the exe and play! I think it can’t be easier Smile

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Congrats Simon! You have came sooo far since the Adventure Maker days!

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks a lot Smile

By the way, maybe it was not clear before, but it was said already:

if you are the owner of ASA Original Edition (Desura, GamersGate) and purchased the game before November 2014 (date when we announced the Remastered Edition officially), I can give you a free Steam key for ASA Remastered on request.

To receive your Steam key:
- make sure your purchased ASA Original before November 2014
- find proof of this purchase
- send it to me or The Icehouse by email through our sites.
I hope you understand.

If you purchased the game through Indie Royale, please don’t make the request by email: we are going to see with their team how we can provide them a list of steam keys. Thanks.

Of course if you purchase the game again, we deeply thank you for your support.
ASA: Remastered Edition probably deserves a new purchase as much as Grim Fandango Remastered Edition (not that ASA is as good as Grim! What I mean here is that the process is the same).
ASA was really redevelopped entirely from scratch with a new engine, re-rendered backgrounds, and it took several months of work. We could have re-released ASA Original “as is” on Steam, we had no obligation to create a new version, but we thought it was an opportunity to create an improved game.

Thanks!

Total Posts: 683

Joined 2010-02-05

PM

That’s great!

But I’ll probably just order the DVD copy anyway, I’m not a big fan of steam.

I Am the Knight of the Order of the Sun!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I’ll just order the DVD as well. I am not a fan of steam either, and anyway I want to encourage you to make more games!

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Congrats Simon and Good luck on your release. Any plans of bringing the game to GOG. It is a wonderful gamer friendly store front, and I do most of my digital shopping there these days.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks everyone!

Honestly the DVD is more a “bonus” for people who really liked the game, because it is obvious that most people won’t be interested in it. Please forgive me if it takes longer to release the DVD than the digital version, but I want it to be a clean release. We have already made a mistake when we uploaded the Mac and Linux versions on Steam, and we are working to fix it. That’s one problem that won’t be on the DVD, happily.

I have to get in touch again with GOG, I also like to buy my adventure games there. I am not very confident that they will accept the game, because they refused the original edition. In the meantime it will be possible to buy ASA Remastered on the Adventure Gamers store… tomorrow?

Hey my good friends Olivier and Cécile from Atelier Sentô have created this incredible watercolor of ASA! We’ve just shared it on The Icehouse page. We hope you like it too because I love it. If you have never heard of their game The Coral Cave, please proceed to http://www.thecoralcave.com
A handpainted game!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Hehe, even the watercolour screams “Commander Shepard”. Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

lol! Again!
TimovieMan, you’ve been brainwashed by EA and you’ve become insensible to art! :p

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Simon_ASA - 05 March 2015 02:47 AM

lol! Again!
TimovieMan, you’ve been brainwashed by EA and you’ve become insensible to art! :p

Tongue

Or maybe the design just has several similarities. Wink

Blame the red stripe… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top