• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoIronCretinJdawg445Lady Kestrelluckyloser

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

ASA - Remastered Edition

Total Posts: 487

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

I know there are several people here who played my game ASA: A Space Adventure, and I can’t say how grateful I am for your support and feedback after the release in January 2013. I know that many of you (and others) have had technical issues with the game, and I apologize. This is why I have decided to create a special Remastered Edition for the Steam release (soon! February of March). It has been redeveloped with a new game engine (Visionaire Studio) by Andrea Rinaldi, and our main purpose was to try to improve the game stability (avoid crashes, installation problems, etc). It seems that Visionaire Studio will bring this kind of improvement.

That was the main guideline for redevelopping ASA from scratch. However we thought it was a good opportunity to do more than that, and we have added new features that could improve the user experience within the game too. Of course the game is exactly the same (don’t expect a new story and new puzzles here - just wait for Catyph Smile).

This is the list of improvements:
- now in HD graphics (1920x800)
- Developed with Visonaire Studio, allowing more flexibility and stability
- We’ve added visual aids to identify the hotspots (shows you where to click!)
- More translations, no need to patch! (English, French, Italian, Spanish and German)
- Available for Windows, Mac and Linux

When we say HD graphics, we do really mean HD. The original game was running in 1024x432. We have not just upscaled the old backgrounds (contrary to other games!), which always leads to a blurry result. We have really re-rendered all the backgrounds in HD from the original 3D scenes.
You can see comparisons here:

Preview1
Preview2
Preview3
Preview4
Preview5
Preview6

Please note that the GIF compression in these previews is really destroying the quality of the pictures, and you can expect something better in the final game.
I hope you like the result however. ASA: Remastered Edition has just started the Beta Tests and should be ready very soon.
The game will release on Steam, in self-published DVD on the Icehouse Shop, and I will try again to convince GOG… We’ll see!

For more details, you can visit www.aspaceadventure.fr

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Any clue as to the price tag you’ll want to put on it?

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Good news, was waiting for this to play it.

About gog, some votes in the wishlist might help (well, it can’t hurt):
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/asa_a_space_adventure

Total Posts: 299

Joined 2006-12-04

PM

Fantastic news Simon. The differences look amazing!

Don’t Hate Me Because I Am Beautiful…There Are Many Other Reasons

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thanks guys!

Any clue as to the price

This is still to be decided. I think it won’t be very expensive, but on the other hand I didn’t make it on my own this time. Less than $15 anyway…
Any ideas?

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

My only suggestion is to try and assure early buyers the price won’t drop for X months. It’s frustrating when a game goes on bundle for some ridiculous price shortly after release and makes you feel like an idiot for having supported it early on.

That being said, the only game I haven’t bought because of the price tag recently was The Talos Principle, and that cost a bit more than $15.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes I really understand that it is frustrating when the price drops too early… I already had this situation myself several time, after purchasing a game it was 50% down a few days later. grrr

What I can say is that I would probably rather drop down the price of the Original version of the game instead, and keep the Remastered at the same price for quite some time.
I don’t plan to release ASA in a bundle again for the moment (maybe much later after the release of Catyph I can probably propose them together, but not before 2016).

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

ASA: Remastered is currently in Beta-test and is going well.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

This is exactly why I’m so happy to create adventure games and not FPS! Thank you sooo much to Marina for sharing her notes with me!

Total Posts: 343

Joined 2012-03-13

PM

I have been meaning to replay ASA (I loved that game) but I think I will wait until the remastered version comes out. It looks great.

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Thank you very much, Furgotten. I’m so happy to read that you loved the game!
ASA: Remastered Edition is still planned to release by the end of the month. Let’s hope we can do it!

If you like my projects, or simply like indie video games, you might want to follow The Icehouse collective? We’re a small group of 5 people who work at home on indie projects, including me and my next games ASA: Remastered and Catyph. Have a look!

Total Posts: 681

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

What will the system requirements be?

This message will self destruct in 3… 2… 1… BOOM!!!

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

The game is compatible Windows, Mac and Linux. The minimum system requirements for Windows are:

Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Dual Core 1.8Ghz
2GB RAM
Video card with 512MB Ram
openAL compatible sound card

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Simon_ASA - 20 February 2015 04:21 AM

The game is compatible Windows, Mac and Linux. The minimum system requirements for Windows are:

Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8

Dual Core 1.8Ghz
2GB RAM
Video card with 512MB Ram
openAL compatible sound card

Cool! Hopefully I’ll get to play it this go round Smile I had issues with the original due to a memory error. Maybe the new engine will be more forgiving?!

Joined 2012-10-03

PM

Yes Visionaire Studio should be more reliable, and the very first idea behind the development of ASA Remastered was to avoid all the technical issues from the original.
Did we get in touch at some time to try to fix your memory error? It’s too bad if you got the game but couldn’t play it because of such a problem!

Joined 2015-02-06

PM

Simon_ASA - 21 February 2015 05:51 AM

Yes Visionaire Studio should be more reliable, and the very first idea behind the development of ASA Remastered was to avoid all the technical issues from the original.
Did we get in touch at some time to try to fix your memory error? It’s too bad if you got the game but couldn’t play it because of such a problem!

I’m a member at adventuremaker. Josiah1221, I lurked through the many posts as you were working on it. When you released it us lucky folks got it for free! My issue was I didn’t have enough RAM for the panoramas so it would through up an error. I forget the exact error message but it was in the readme file, so wasn’t anything on your end. I’m overdue for an upgrade, but hoping to get lucky with the remaster! Regardless I’m looking for a newish replacement that doesn’t cost me an arm and a leg so I can play many of the games I’ve unfortunately missed out on!

P.S. I played the demo you released back then on a different computer. I got a taste and have been wanting the rest ever since!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top