• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

AG Community Playthrough #31: The Whispered World

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

millenia - 24 January 2015 02:23 PM
Jabod - 24 January 2015 01:44 PM
chrissie - 24 January 2015 01:41 PM

I’m sure all I had to do was to combine the two pieces in inventory & then put them in the vice?

You need to do that and then use Spot in his flame incarnation to weld them together.

I thought about that but I don’t have Spot.

Is Spot down in the factory? You have to go get him first with the ladder.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

chrissie - 24 January 2015 02:27 PM

Where’s Spot?  Laughing

You used to read it too? Smile

wilco - 24 January 2015 02:32 PM
millenia - 24 January 2015 02:23 PM
Jabod - 24 January 2015 01:44 PM
chrissie - 24 January 2015 01:41 PM

I’m sure all I had to do was to combine the two pieces in inventory & then put them in the vice?

You need to do that and then use Spot in his flame incarnation to weld them together.

I thought about that but I don’t have Spot.

Is Spot down in the factory? You have to go get him first with the ladder.

Shame on you for doing bad things on Spot and then don’t even bother to know his fate!! Tongue

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Wait, you can leave Spot behind?

Reminds me the yet another “ghost screen” where Ruben is seen in the upstairs room:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I just finished Chapter One, so I’m behind everyone and trying to catch up! I scored 7 correct answers on the quiz.

Inspired by Diego’s song, I’ve written some Whispered World lyrics to the Blue song.

When you’re timid and small
And you work as a cannonball
And your parachute is pantaloons,
How can you be… jesting?
How can you be…clowning?
How can you be anything but sighing, crying and blue?

When your world’s crashing to a halt
And you fear that it’s all your fault
And Shana says it’s up to you,
How can you be… perky?
How can you be… boffo?
How can you be anything but whining, pining and blue?

The Autumn Forest’s full of golden, drifting leaves
And the future’s maybe sweeter than it seems.
But knives and bombs and claws and teeth are littered everywhere,
While a giant mouth with ashen lips is haunting all your dreams.

When you’re helpless and young
And your praises are never sung
And you do chores the whole day through,
How can you be… zany?
How can you be… larkish?
How can you be anything, but sighing, crying and blue?
Sad but true.

How can you be… dazzling?
How can you be… snazzy?
How can you be anything, but sighing, crying and whining, pining… and blue?

Onward to Chapter Two…

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Oh I completely forgot the ladder was movable. I somehow thought you’d get into the other levels of factory from the door leading to the other side.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Haha Becky that’s brilliant! Thumbs Up

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I said the second chapter is my least favorite one, but I finished it just now and I have changed my mind. It’s great, in spite of some weird, illogical puzzles. My favorite combinations are Spot on the mouse hole, Spot on the hole in the factory before you place the ladder, and Spot on the rope makes me laugh every time. Smile I would put Sadwick’s comments in spoiler tags, but my WW is in German.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Excellent work Becky!!  Thumbs Up

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Don’t play this until you finished the second chapter!

1. Judging by the way he’s shoveling coal, Bando is:

1) Right-handed
2) Left-handed
3) Ambidextrous

2. The stool in the foghorn hut is:

1) with a red cushion
2) with a green cushion
3) without a cushion

3. Name of Ruben’s pet is:

1) Kerruk
2) Kerrok
3) Kerrek

4. The bust in the upper left corner of Ruben’s place is:

1) Bear bust
2) Pig bust
3) Crocodile bust

5. Sadwick suggested to Bando for him to become a:

1) Bassist
2) Drummer
3) Singer

6. Yakis are with a:

1) Green beak
2) Brown beak
3) Yellow beak

7. The statue with five hands has

1) One eye open, one closed
2) Both eyes closed
3) Both eyes open

8. Color of Mulachei’s chessboard is:

1) Black-white
2) Orange-white
3) Brown-white

9. Ruben promised to turn the thief into:

1) Dog food
2) Crocodile food
3) Bear food

10. Mulachei’s bed is:

1) Raised at the wall
2) At the floor
3) There’s no bed in Mulachei’s cabin

11. After Kalida awakens, Sadwick is holding by:

1) The statue
2) The tree
3) The pier post

0-4 points CROCODOG!
5-7 MOUSE!
8-10 YAKI!
11 THUNDERBIRD!

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

MOUSE! 6/11 Neutral

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

9/11. Missed the 1 and…6 questions

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

As per Wilco - 6/11. Obviously sleep-walked through part of that chapter Confused

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Mouse - 7 out of 11. Fun little quiz however. As I stated earlier, the end of this chapter was quite good, and easily brought it up to the lofty standards of the first chapter.

A truely classic adventure game.

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Chess was a piece of cake. Gonna try to finish c2 soon so I don’t fall behind more.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok everyone! Time is up and chapter 2 is over (at least for those who follow the pace of the playthrough)

Welcome to chapter 3!!

I warn you though! The tone changes in this one and takes a somewhat darker turn!! It is a chapter full of danger for Sadwick and Spot!!  Naughty
We will also learn Spot’s final transformation. Finally, there are a couple of riddles quite different from the inventory based ones you got used thus far. And one of them is right in front of you from the very beginning!! Nothing too hard though! Smile

Chapter 3 is basically divided in 2 parts. One is about…..you ‘ll see, and the other one is about finding your way to reach the castle in Corona.
You have until the 5th of February to reach the doors of the Corona’s Castle.

Tip 1: There is a point in this chapter where you’ll need to catch some flies. The way to do it is to use….chopsticks on them. I don’t get it. Is it perhaps more logical in the German language (perhaps chopsticks are translated as “flycatchers” or something similar in German?) and it’s lost in translation? I don’t know. Nevertheless, use chopsticks on flies.

Tip 2: This chapter is also the part where I’ll probably turn the language back to English. I really love the English voice acting of Loucaux and I find it far superior than the German one. He somewhat reminds me of Peter Jackson’s “Bad Taste”...

Memorable quotes: (Sadwick, using Ax on Mouse) “I should learn more about the island’s civilization before I perform any sacrificial rituals! I would only get into trouble!”

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top