• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Minecraft - TellTaleGames

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Minecraft: Story Mode will be an all-new narrative-driven game series developed by Telltale in collaboration with Mojang. Set in the world of Minecraft, the series will feature an original story, driven by player choice. It will not be an add-on for Minecraft, but rather a separate stand-alone product that will premiere in 2015 on consoles, computers and mobile devices.

Telltale’s game series will mix new characters with familiar themes, in an entirely original Minecraft experience, inspired by the Minecraft community and the game that continues to inspire a generation.

The first episode will be released some time in 2015, and will be available on Xbox consoles, PlayStation consoles, PC, Mac, iOS, and Android-based devices.
+ Minecraft: Story Mode will be released episodically, just like The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, or the recent Tales from the Borderlands, which is another developer-collaboration series between Telltale Games and Gearbox Software.
+ We’re not intending on creating an “official” story for Steve, or explaining the world of Minecraft in detail. It will be a cool game.

Yeah you read it right.

Tongue

Total Posts: 2983

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

At first I thought it was some kind of bad joke. So I went to Telltale’s page and HOLY COW!!
Though I liked all of the rescent games of Telltale thus far (Tales from the Borderlands raised the stakes), this is something I will easily pass.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Ummm ... what?  I thought this was a joke at first.

Sounds like a waste of time.  Telltale already has enough on their plate IMO.  And just about anything else would have a story that’d work better with what Telltale does.

Just seems like a pointless cash grab.

I can only hope that is this is done by completely different people than those that handle their other projects, so it doesn’t take away from them whatsoever.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

here is Info Quest 2, short mini AG to announce the game,

https://mojang.com/2014/12/play-info-quest-ii-you-might-learn-something/

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

It’s really cold outside, but I could swear that it’s April 1st.

Unbelievable…

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

This is definitely not what I expected when I read late last night that they had a big announcement…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Em…yeah…okay…?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

I Remember when people lost their minds after Telltale announced they were
making a borderlands game lol

Now don’t get me wrong Im not saying this game cant fail but after the surprising success of tales from the borderlands I am at least willing to give Telltale the benefit of the doubt

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I agree, but I do think there is a difference. Borderlands has a fleshed out world and it’s characters. Minecraft though is just a blank canvas really. Nothing really there.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Wtf? I was like, is it april 1st already? I looked outside. No.. still snowy winter.. TellTale+Minecraft seems like a worse combination than fish and chocolate.

Unsurprisingly, I never got into Minecraft - and not for lack of trying. I’m sure I’ve mentioned a few times how blocky 3D makes my eyes bleed. Minecraft is like the ugly duckling of the lot and the body only has a few litres of blood. In other words, I didn’t last long.

I doubt this hybrid will be something for me. On the other hand, with all the insane contraptions you can build in minecraft, this’d be the perfect opportunity for TellTale to include some puzzles for a change, but I suppose that’s unlikely.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-05-25

PM

If I was Telltale I would start re watching The Lego movie as many times
as I possibly can

They should Study that film and take notes lol

So since this is Mincraft does that mean telltale will finally go back to putting puzzles in their games again

I let telltale slide for a lack of puzzles in their last couple of game because of the source material they were adapting but their should be no excuses for not having puzzles in a minecraft game especially if they are trying to appeal to younger fans and A deep conversations system alone wont be enough to appeal to young players so they are going to have bring in fun puzzles to keep kids from being completely bored to tears lol

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

I think they can get the humor and 4th wall breaking stuff right with this franchise.
They have got talent, with original story and characters they can go in any wild direction and could actually surprise us.
They must have some blueprint and plan to pull off all the episodic stuff to convince Fans and strangers alike with this IP.
Who knows maybe they can actually put life in blocky characters and make us fall in love with him/her.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

My fav tweet about this news is:

how many tales could a telltale tell if a telltale could tell tales

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Sure… why not. It’s time to hammer when the iron is hot, so why not squeeze the Minecrafters a bit more.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

nomadsoul - 18 December 2014 01:08 PM

I think they can get the humor and 4th wall breaking stuff right with this franchise.
They have got talent, with original story and characters they can go in any wild direction and could actually surprise us.
They must have some blueprint and plan to pull off all the episodic stuff to convince Fans and strangers alike with this IP.
Who knows maybe they can actually put life in blocky characters and make us fall in love with him/her.

Yeah ... honestly it wouldn’t surprise me if I ended up liking it.  But still,  there are so many things I’d rather they be doing.  (even if it was just working on their already existing franchises)

Total Posts: 2983

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Lucien21 - 18 December 2014 02:03 PM

My fav tweet about this news is:

how many tales could a telltale tell if a telltale could tell tales

Since Telltale tells tales (and also sells them as games), the number of tales Telltales can tell is: as many as they can as long as they have the needed budget. Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top