• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure - Out on Steam and GOG

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I’ve been playing the demo of the game all morning and I really am having fun!  decided to back it too.  Thanks.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2016-01-06

PM

TimovieMan - 06 April 2016 07:15 AM

Holy crap, I didn’t realize Kitteh could speak! Gasp

I knew that, but on the other hand I believed Kitteh to be a tomcat (until playing the demo, that is).
I think the main reason for this was the “flipping the bird” moment in the trailer. Grin

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Returning to the thread to thank everybody again. Y’all rock! Heart

We’re 17% funded and we’re 2 hour away from the 24 hour mark. So far so good! Learned one very important twitter lesson today: it’s considered rude to mention someone’s handle right at the beginning of a tweet. I honestly had no idea, with this PR-by-the-seat-of-our-pants we’re making, so I thought I’d pass this important piece of knowledge on, who knows when you might find that useful.

Alright, gonna go make some more incantations in the dark for a while, we do prefer the Old Ones on our side, muhahaha!

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

21% funded! I read that 78% of projects that reach 20% funding reach their goal. That’s great odds! Good luck Smile

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey,thanks! We’re excitedly waiting for that 25% mark to come around. Working on a pretty fun video update, hope y’all will enjoy it Laughing

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Finished the demo… great humor, some laugh out loud jokes (combining items), and the background art that screams Bill Tiller - a perfect combination! I don’t know where to improve from here… perhaps the character models could use little more details and frames in animations.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Hey diego, glad you liked it! I agree about the characters - they could be a lot better - but for the full release we plan to re-make all of Buzz’s animations (and some of Kitteh’s), and add a whole lot more unique ones. It’ll all look and feel a lot better than now (and improve technically, too - we barely tested it, unforunately - no time!).

Total Posts: 101

Joined 2016-02-18

PM

I took a quick look at the Kickstarter, and the looks of the game impressed me enough to back it (Mr Underhill’s enthusiasm may have helped too). I’ve now taken a look at the video, and I don’t regret the spur of the moment decision to back. I like the art-style and animations, and the combination of Cthulhu with comedy is, shall we say, intriguing. I may play the demo as well, but maybe I’ll just wait until 2017 and let the final game surprise me completely. Good luck with the campaign!

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

kabouter - 07 April 2016 04:19 PM

I took a quick look at the Kickstarter, and the looks of the game impressed me enough to back it (Mr Underhill’s enthusiasm may have helped too). I’ve now taken a look at the video, and I don’t regret the spur of the moment decision to back. I like the art-style and animations, and the combination of Cthulhu with comedy is, shall we say, intriguing. I may play the demo as well, but maybe I’ll just wait until 2017 and let the final game surprise me completely. Good luck with the campaign!

Hehe, thanks so much for backing! Being an adventure game creator is really not that different from being an adventure game player - you just want to be able to spend as much time in that world as possible, making stuff happen by clicking on things Laughing Glad you liked the pitch video - you have no idea how many times I’ve banged my head on that attic ceiling to get the shot right!

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

diego - 07 April 2016 01:17 PM

Finished the demo… great humor, some laugh out loud jokes (combining items), and the background art that screams Bill Tiller

if there is a word more describing/demanding to this than ‘scream’, i would have reflected!

Total Posts: 56

Joined 2016-03-17

PM

Mr Underhill - 07 April 2016 04:54 PM

you have no idea how many times I’ve banged my head on that attic ceiling to get the shot right!

Facebook must be too ingrained - I’m feeling the need for a ‘like’ button on posts Smile

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! The adventuregamers forums gang has been crucial to supporting Gibbous, and I wanna extend my gratitude to each and every one of you. Thousands of thanks flying your way. No, wait! Make that hundreds of thousands. Millions!

Well, I’m… I’m beat. On a couple of hours of sleep and non-stop typing, responding to backers, designing an update… Whew, this Kickstarter thing is serious business.

Anyways, for folks interested in the game, our first update is up.

And it features this video that explains how comedy and Lovecraft will mix in Gibbous:

The next video update will be about my experience with adventure games, so look for that soon-ish! After I get some sl.. some sl.. zzzzzzzz

Total Posts: 495

Joined 2008-07-23

PM

Point n click adventuring combined with Cthulhu and made by my fellow countrymen ? Backed. Bafta, sper sa fie o campanie de kickstarter reusita Smile

Women come and go… a highscore lasts forever

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Abnaxus - 09 April 2016 12:51 PM

Point n click adventuring combined with Cthulhu and made by my fellow countrymen ? Backed. Bafta, sper sa fie o campanie de kickstarter reusita Smile

Thanks, Abnaxus! Your milk is delicious, btw.

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Reporting from the Kickstarter battlefront:

Just a quick heads-up that our second video update is here. This one is less about Gibbous and more about adventure games in general, and how I came to first love, then start to make them. Well, it. Enjoy!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top