• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Henk61

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Why New Adventure Games are Terrible…

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Lambonius - 14 December 2014 12:55 PM
Mr Underhill - 14 December 2014 06:37 AM

Broken Age more than lives up to old Lucas Arts games, sooo…

I can’t take that statement seriously until Broken Age actually becomes more than the first half of a game.  Wink

*quietly curses episodic gaming under breath*

I hear ya, and I dislike episodic stuff as much as the next guy, buuuut it wasn’t really a decision to go that way from the start, it was pretty much an almost desperate move to both deliver something and not cut out material or compromise on quality. Besides, splitting the game in 2 is way more acceptable, in my opinion at least,than what Telltale & co are doing. So, yeah, we’re pretty much on the same page after all Smile

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

I still buy collector’s editions, and like them. For the PSVITA - they still make them. Now will they go up in value? Probably. Most collector’s editions eventually do.

And for those who don’t want them - which is understandable—the digital download games can save you some cash.

Now which is more profitable? A digital game at $19.95 or a collector’s edition at $59.95?

No idea. But today you have the choice - which you haven’t always had.

However, when I was buying the collector’s editions back in the C128 days, bargain priced games got released on a disk only - I bought those and some of them were very good and many were low budget adventure games.

Heart

I would be the last to say new adventure games are terrible, lots to play today - something for everyone really.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top