• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Until Dawn

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Heavy Rain style-game but in a slasher movie premise for PS4.

The game follows a group of 8 teenagers as they spend the night in a log cabin on the anniversary of the death of one of their friends, unaware that they are being hunted by a crazed serial killer.

Apparently anyone can die and the story adapts to it.
Last gameplay trailer shown was fun (in a cheesy slasher/horror movie way).

A longer gameplay video

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

From what someone else told me, the player is required to be familiar with the slasher genre in order to make decisions that will prevent a character from making the same mistakes we’ve all witnessed before. For example, don’t run up the stairs! Sounds like there will be a complicated array of branching paths.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Game hype is way up after the new reveal, graphics got better and great B-horror movie fix.
There is mechanic called Butterfly effect, you cannot predict the outcome of choices but when you see a butterfly in the corner , it means that it has caused ripple effects down the plot. You can save all characters and all can die on different spots, unlike TTG and like heavy Rain which i like.

Hundreds of endings are promised.

Gonna be a hit on PS4 streams with hot girls playing hot girls in the game.

Some impressions with some new footage.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2by43z_frights-galore-in-playstation-4-s-until-dawn_videogames

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Wasnt this a double fine prototype idea that didn’t make the cut in the last amnesia fortnight program?

Sounds eerily similar…except it was going to be p&c. This makes more sense probably though.

I’m intrigued…

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Watched the videos - this game looks like a riot. If I ever get a PS4 I’ll get this game.

The PS4 is starting to be an interesting platform…..

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^id hope so! PS4 is presently “winning” this generation.. so they dont have any excuses to not get it support for some interesting exclusives. It’ll probably be a while before the system convinces me.. but still.. moving in the right direction… slowly..

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2c47tc_untildawnfacialemotion_videogames#from=embediframe

Here is the video demo showing contextual emotions.

Hype+1

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Going by the videos I’ve seen…I’m going to struggle to find the motivation to even try and keep these whiny douchebags alive. Godalmighty…

Not a complaint as its absolutely suitable for what they’re going for. But I’m not convinced yet regardless.

I think something more humorous ala Tucker and Dale Vs Evil would have been the way to go. But we’ll see…I’ll keep an eye on it.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I hope they are not kidding about having multiple really different endings. The premise of the game is great for that and the game should be about multiple playthroughs to achieve a real ending,

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Next year has so much good stuff lined up for PlayStation 4. I can’t wait to play Until Dawn, and I love it how most of the characters just makes me want to kill them on purpose rather than trying to save them.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 09 December 2014 08:45 PM

I hope they are not kidding about having multiple really different endings. The premise of the game is great for that and the game should be about multiple playthroughs to achieve a real ending,

8 characters, all dying, all living, 7 living, 6 living and so on.
Then out of 7 which of the 7 are living and so on.

Possibilities really are 100+.

Here is my take at stats,

1+1+7x7+6x6+5x5+4x4+3x3+2x2+1x1

Then it could be all living as well as killer lived , if the killer ain’t in 8.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Um, no. Each character could live or die, in every combination. So, 256 (2^8) endings.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Antrax - 10 December 2014 03:34 AM

Um, no. Each character could live or die, in every combination. So, 256 (2^8) endings.

Thanks for correcting.
That would be overkill.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

256 possible endings? hope it’s not just some text and voice over for each ending Smile

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

I can’t see that being true personally. Seems like a huge amount of work that will probably never get seen.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top