• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordz

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

technobabylon?

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

I just stumbled on this: http://www.technocratgames.com/games/tb.html
Looks really interesting and is apparently coming out early next year. Hm!

EDIT: original link is no longer up, this works instead: http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/pre-order/technobabylon/

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Cyberpunk? Sci-Fi? Gemini Rue music composer? Next Wadjet Eye published game?

Looks good. I’m in Smile

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

exactly! This seems to have gone sneakily under the radar so far. I read that they just finished voice recordings for it and its coming soon.

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

I believe dave gilbert just wrapped up the voice over sessions. Apparently the game came previously out in 3 parts as freeware, i wonder how this commercial version will be: only part 1 or a combination of 1-3.
We’ll find out in 2015

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

zane - 07 December 2014 03:28 PM

exactly! This seems to have gone sneakily under the radar so far. I read that they just finished voice recordings for it and its coming soon.

Lol, you beat me to it Wink

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

jaap - 07 December 2014 03:28 PM

I believe dave gilbert just wrapped up the voice over sessions. Apparently the game came previously out in 3 parts as freeware, i wonder how this commercial version will be: only part 1 or a combination of 1-3.
We’ll find out in 2015

According to here:
http://wip.warpdoor.com/tag/wadjet-eye-games/

“Based upon several of Technocrat Games’ early projects, Technobabylon is a science-fiction mystery, inspired by the classics of speculative literature. Both a remake of the original three parts released in 2010/2011, and a continuation of the story over eight further chapters, the art talents of Ben Chandler (ThreeOhFour) and Ivan Ulyanov (Ilyich) illustrate a world coming to terms with cyberpunk lifestyles redefining what it means to be human. Nathan Pinard, audio artist for Gemini Rue, lends his musical talent to the project for a suitably atmospheric score.

The completed project will be commercial, and we have a delightful arrangement with Dave Gilbert and Wadjet Eye”

So it seems like it’s a remake of the 3 parts plus much more

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

ok nice, that’s good to know.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

This is really great. Technobabylon was by far my favorite AGS game and I’m really looking forward to continue playing the story :-)

Total Posts: 444

Joined 2012-03-30

PM

Yay. Technobabylon + Wadjet Eye. I’m hyped!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-12-11

PM

Glad to see it’s being noticed, I keep meaning to make an effort to boost visibility, but short of standing on the roof and yelling, I’m not very imaginative when it comes to that sort of thing!

The games that were released in 2010/2011 were three sections of what became a 12-section game in the end, so a lot of it’s completely new. That, and the early parts have undergone a significant rejig; while they worked just find on their own, they needed quite a bit of changing to work as part of a larger game. So, the only people who’ve played Technobabylon in its new form are me, Dave Gilbert, and the playtesters so far!

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

I played the originals and can vouch for the brand’s awesomeness.

Also, clearly the remake is in good hands, this will surely be one hell of a game. Smile

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Oh yeah, Technobabylon remake has been on my radar since my great fun with Nancy the Happy Whore and the Perfidious Petrol Station. And I’m glad to see that Ivan Ulyanov is on board - I really liked his Patchwork as well. Legendary Ben Chandler probably needs no introduction anymore. Smile

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Hi all! Yeah we haven’t promoted this one as hard as we could have. We’re going to start our campaign with character trailers (three of them - one for each playable character) starting soonish!

-Dave

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

Speaking of promo, Dave, the AdventureX info soon wears off and we want to see more about Shardlight (rel Q2 2015?) and Automaticity (rel 2016?) as well. Smile

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Looks good. I’d want to play that.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

May 21st!

Pre-orders are up
http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/pre-order/technobabylon/

and trailer:

I have a good feeling about this one

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top