• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LucasArts / Disney Coming to GOG

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-03-05

PM

TheLongestJourney - 29 October 2014 04:18 PM

I’m going to try this question here to anyone who bought the special edition of Monkey Island either from Gog or Steam.

Has anyone tried this patch?

It allows you to play the CD-ROM version of The Secret of Monkey Island with voices and the old graphics through ScummVM?

I haven’t got a chance to try it out (I only have the Steam version) but it seems like the perfect solution to people who prefer the older graphics.

I have, on Steam and the GOG version. It works absolutely great!

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Awesome, I am going to try it out soon. I am looking forward to replaying all the Monkey Islands when they release Escape from Monkey Island and all the Sam and Maxes. I am even looking forward to the the Telltale ones, since I only ever played them once, especially the Sam and Max episode with all the old computers. That one was great.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

TheLongestJourney - 29 October 2014 06:16 PM

Awesome, I am going to try it out soon. I am looking forward to replaying all the Monkey Islands when they release Escape from Monkey Island and all the Sam and Maxes. I am even looking forward to the the Telltale ones, since I only ever played them once, especially the Sam and Max episode with all the old computers. That one was great.

The Telltale games are already at gog, all the Sam and Max games are there already. I agree that Curse and Escape from Monkey Island need to get there soon.

Total Posts: 106

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

I’m also hoping the whole Monkey Island series will be available on GOG as part of that new deal, even though the remaining titles have yet to be confirmed.

Now what I’m really, seriously hoping for is Indiana Jones and the Emperor’s Tomb and the original Star Wars Battlefront.

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Completely offtopic but with the recent announcement regarding Valkyria Chronicles coming to the PC, I really hope GOG.com becomes one of its distributors.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Origami - 01 November 2014 11:01 AM

Completely offtopic but with the recent announcement regarding Valkyria Chronicles coming to the PC, I really hope GOG.com becomes one of its distributors.

I would be good but I doubt because first Sega needs too add their catalogue (with lots of great stuff) to gog and that doesn’t seem to be happening.

I hope Shemnue PC port is also happening in the future…

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^
They managed to get XSeed though…

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Tried Sam and Max, uses ScummVM, works great of course.

The intro of this game is so good, probably one of the most memorable intro in adventure gaming. Funny and sets up the mood of the game.

“Friends, we’ve only got out together 3 times and already you’re telling me you just want to be friends? You never gave a chance and for that… YOU’LL FRY LIKE A PORK SAUSAGE”

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

Yes! It is a very fun intro. I’m also very fond of the opening credits and its marvelous music.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

I think Lucasarts weren’t capable of bad intros. Sam&Max;, DOTT, Monkey Island, Loom…all totally memorable.

Joined 2014-10-28

PM

LucasArts excelled in this area, I agree. I re-installed Full Throttle and The Dig last week just to see the opening credits again. They really set the stage and establish the mood. Impeccable stuff, really.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Seems like they are really spacing out the releases… It’ll take a year to release all the games like this

With the recent announcement of the DotT remaster it will probably not be released for now. I hope at least Full Throtle is in one of the next batch.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Wave 2 is up, not a single adventure Frown

http://www.gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

All Star Wars:
X-Wing vx Tie Fighter
X-Wing Alliance
Galactic Battlegrounds Saga
Battlefront 2
Dark Forces
Kotor 2

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

wilco - 20 January 2015 09:51 AM

Wave 2 is up, not a single adventure Frown

http://www.gog.com/news/lucasfilm_on_gogcom_wave_ii_starts_now

Yes. Disappointing that they didn’t release even one adventure this time.
At least they got KOTOR 2. Hopefully fan mods will work with it.

It kind of reminds me of how games were released in the LucasArts Archives series—where the 1st volume included some adventure games but the 2nd volume was all Star Wars and no adventures.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I already own X-Wing Alliance and KOTOR 2, and I just recently downloaded Dark Forces from an abandonware site, so I’m good for now.  Nice try though, GoG.  Wink

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top