• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

LucasArts / Disney Coming to GOG

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Hey everyone.

So right now there is a countdown on gog.com for the arrival of a new publisher. It has been pretty much confirmed that it will be LucasArts / Disney. See this topic.

If you are like me, you already own all the old LucasArts classics on CD-ROM but for those of you who have never had a chance to buy a copy of certain games I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be a glorious day. I’ll definitely be supporting the arrival of DRM-Free LucasArts classic adventures by buying a copy of pretty much every game in the catalogue! Hopefully GOG will be able to get some of the classics not already available on Steam.

In either case, tomorrow should be a cause for celebration!

What games are we hoping they release first?

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

If this is true, I will be very excited, even though I have most all the Lucasarts adventures.  Still, I’d love to get my hands on a copy of Tie Fighter that I can easily play on modern systems.  The massively underrated sim-city-style game Afterlife was pretty kick-ass, too.  I haven’t seen that one around in ages.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

It would be pretty great if Lucas/Disney was the new company on board GOG. We’ll see soon enough.

Total Posts: 523

Joined 2010-02-08

PM

Yeah, those fonts from Monkey Island, Indiana Jones, and Star Wars are being used at certain moments in GOG’s countdown to tease the reveal.

For example, this, which someone at the GOG forums screencapped when it happened.

Definitely exciting (strongly rumored) news. I’d love for GOG to sell Day of the Tentacle. I’ve never played it, and I’d be thrilled to finally rectify that situation.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

If it isn’t Disney/Lucasarts gog.com is going to have a riot Smile

Disney recently joined Steam with a lot of their PC games but it was only Disney games (Tron, Split Second, various Disney properties games), no new Lucasarts games were added.

Besides the adventures (Full Throttle is the game I want to replay most right now) and the space-sim Star Wars games, I would really want Outlaws to be re-released.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

TheLongestJourney - 27 October 2014 01:14 PM

What games are we hoping they release first?

All of them, of course. Cool

But especially the 14 AGs. Naughty
And TIE Fighter, Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe and Outlaws.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lambonius - 27 October 2014 01:31 PM

The massively underrated sim-city-style game Afterlife was pretty kick-ass, too.  I haven’t seen that one around in ages.

Afterlife! Completely forgot that game, great strategy game

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

wilco - 27 October 2014 02:16 PM

Yes, and if it’s an independent development studio, I’d feel really bad for them—not just for GOG but for the studio as well. Imagine people being disappointed because you’re “not Disney.”

Disney recently joined Steam with a lot of their PC games but it was only Disney games (Tron, Split Second, various Disney properties games), no new Lucasarts games were added.

Steam did get the Monkey Island 1 and 2 remakes though. It would be nice for those to be available on GOG, though I prefer the original look to the remake.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

crabapple - 27 October 2014 02:42 PM

Steam did get the Monkey Island 1 and 2 remakes though. It would be nice for those to be available on GOG, though I prefer the original look to the remake.

They also got the original Loom, The Dig, Indiana Jones FoA, Indiana Jone Las Crusade in Steam. Too bad the executive that was re-releasing these old adventures left before the job was completed. Never did release on gog.

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

crabapple - 27 October 2014 02:42 PM
wilco - 27 October 2014 02:16 PM

Yes, and if it’s an independent development studio, I’d feel really bad for them—not just for GOG but for the studio as well. Imagine people being disappointed because you’re “not Disney.”

I prefer the old looks as well. Luckily the new versions have the option to switch to the original graphics. Since it is GOG, I am really hoping that if we do get a version of Monkey Island it will have also get the oldest version with more verbs and the stump joke.

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Looks like someone already found the games being released tomorrow.
[spoiler][/spoiler]SPOILER: Incoming Adventure Classics!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

According to this gog thread:
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/tomorrows_lucasart_releases_confimed_so_far/page1

Confirmed so far:
Monkey Island: Special Edition
Kotor
Star Wars : Tie Fighter
Star Wars : X-Wing
Indiana Jones FoA
Sam and Max Hit the Road

What a line-up!

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Oh man…. it might be game buying time!!!

Bt

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Mmm, most excellent news. I haven’t played FoA in ages - sounds like it’s time to give it a go Grin

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

X-Wing Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes
Tie Fighter   Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes  Heart Eyes

*SPLOOGE*

oops got over excited.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

My productivity may become non-existent tomorrow.

Bt

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top