• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diegoLady Kestrelwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

General Gaming News Thread

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 March 2017 05:48 PM

I played a bit of the EA early access, the facial animations do look weird, strangely worse than the first trilogy. Don’t know if it was the change of engine or what.
The premise seems cool but most of the dialogues were pretty boring cliches. Didn’t get to the action bits but not looking very good so far.

You found time to beta test MEA and not play Horizon

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 16 March 2017 05:57 PM
wilco - 16 March 2017 05:48 PM

I played a bit of the EA early access, the facial animations do look weird, strangely worse than the first trilogy. Don’t know if it was the change of engine or what.
The premise seems cool but most of the dialogues were pretty boring cliches. Didn’t get to the action bits but not looking very good so far.

You found time to beta test MEA and not play Horizon

Lol, I played 30min of the thing, not even time enough to get to the combat Smile

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 16 March 2017 06:00 PM

Lol, I played 30min of the thing, not even time enough to get to the combat Smile

Bahaha check this, losing my shit

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MEA is done for , PR disaster, end of saga

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Crash new footage

Too good to be true, they nailed it

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

nomadsoul - 17 March 2017 07:40 PM

https://www.destructoid.com/review-ghost-recon-wildlands-425478.phtml

Damnn

2.5/10

rekt

It is sitting at 75% on metacritic. It is not as horrible as Destructoid is making out to be.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

SoccerDude28 - 18 March 2017 01:00 PM
nomadsoul - 17 March 2017 07:40 PM

https://www.destructoid.com/review-ghost-recon-wildlands-425478.phtml

Damnn

2.5/10

rekt

It is sitting at 75% on metacritic. It is not as horrible as Destructoid is making out to be.

75 is bad for current standards

Considering other titles are slaying

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

Zelda Breath of the Wild is ranked 17th on Highest Ranked Games of all Time on metacritic though…

nomadsoul - 13 March 2017 01:02 PM

So i tried Switch today, and Zelda combat is stuck in 90s in a bad way
Lackluster and mundane,

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Origami - 18 March 2017 04:30 PM

Zelda Breath of the Wild is ranked 17th on Highest Ranked Games of all Time on metacritic though…

I think Zelda TP is still my best, though even that didnt age right
Some Devs even said that Zelda botw made them feel like kids again, praise is unanimous but again UC4 was rated like bananas too

However personally, coming from Souls,Platinum,Nioh,Horizon and Nier etc new Zelda is utter random crap for me, nostalgia bait isn’t enough for me

There isnt a single thing Zelda does better than whats already in market , it didnt grab me

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

MEA flopped as expected , BW ruined it

Gspot 6/10
ign 7.7
ACG deep sale

MC 75, wildlands have some competition

Inafune may cry, japan gaming is dead

Even Yakuza 0 is at 83 with 80 critics
And Grush2 at 80 with 90 critics

EDIT

Juicy Evilwithin2 rumors

>It takes place 3 weeks after the first game.
>You play as a freelance journalist named Randell Cooper, who traveled out of state to do a story on the Beacon Mental Hospital massacre from the first game and is also where his brother worked as a doctor. On the belief that the story is being covered, you take control of him sneaking into the hospital at night. This is the prologue
>Most of the game will take place at Randell’s home city along with towns and areas outside of it after the prologue. It’s called “Riverfall City”.
>Unlike the first game it will run on it’s own engine specifically created for it. A lot of names are being thrown around but the most common name for it now is “Nightlight Engine”.
>It’s scheduled to be released somewhere around October 2018. The first trailer will be released on this years E3 and a demo is plan to be playable later in the year.
>It will feature backtracking, something wasn’t in the first game.
>Certain enemies don’t die for good like in the first game.
>The burning mechanic is a bit more complicated than in the previous game. Randell is equipped with a lighter, and oil is used to burn enemies. Oil is limited and has to be collected just like the matches.
>You are able to “dual-wield” of sorts. You can hold a flashlight while holding a gun.
>Saving is done by using water. Take a lake, puddle, or sink for example.
>Unlike the first game there isn’t a sole ending, there are at least three. They can be triggered by a certain way you play the game.
>Bosses can now be defeated in multiple ways.
>The tone has a more of a “Silent Hill-vibe” than the Resident Evil one.
>The upgrade system is removed. But certain stats can be increased for a limited time by different colored syringes.
>Healing is done by health kits.
>There is going to be a short live-action prequel. It stars the SWAT team investigating Beacon Mental Hospital right at the end of the first game.
>There is DLC planned. One stars the Keeper’s daughter from the Executioner DLC with stealth as it’s main control scheme. The other one is only in the planning stages but it apparently stars Joseph. There are also talks about VR with it.
>Shinji Mikami is not involved.
>Bethesda expects to sell over 4 million

Man Riverfall is such an amazing title for any Silenthill spiritual successor

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Ouch at Mass Effect, not surprising given this last week. I wonder if the franchise (and Bioware) will survive this. Shame, not a lot of big single-player scifi RPGs with this premise…
Maybe it will still sell well, Wildlands seems to be doing great despite the not so great reviews maybe because of it’s open-world co-op focus.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 March 2017 03:19 PM

Ouch at Mass Effect, not surprising given this last week. I wonder if the franchise (and Bioware) will survive this. Shame, not a lot of big single-player scifi RPGs with this premise…
Maybe it will still sell well, Wildlands seems to be doing great despite the not so great reviews maybe because of it’s open-world co-op focus.

Considering cheapness i think they will recover at even 2 million sales
However its worst rated Bioware game ever, even DA2 had better MC

Hopefully BW next un announced IP does better and not a B team with no experience

When co founders left, it became another EA studio, its done

Rekt

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 20 March 2017 03:44 PM
wilco - 20 March 2017 03:19 PM

Considering cheapness i think they will recover at even 2 million sales
However its worst rated Bioware game ever, even DA2 had better MC

Hopefully BW next un announced IP does better and not a B team with no experience

When co founders left, it became another EA studio, its done

Rekt

I was thinking that, when the doctors left it all came downhill, probably was already happening with EA meddling and they left because of that. To think it’s the same studio that gave us BG saga and Kotor. Well, maybe not the same because the original team probably all left.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 20 March 2017 03:47 PM

I was thinking that, when the doctors left it all came downhill, probably was already happening with EA meddling and they left because of that. To think it’s the same studio that gave us BG saga and Kotor. Well, maybe not the same because the original team probably all left.

Casey hudson also left , ME was his vision, also lead writer of ME3 is MEA director so you know…

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top