• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Leisure Suit Larry series

Total Posts: 81

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

What do you think about Larry Laffer adventures? I remember playing the original from 1987 when I was a kid and it was almost revolutionary to me, “hardcore content” and all. Remember, back then sex in games was a taboo. Sure, it was all one big joke, but still, I was in awe. I was playing a hero, that tried to get laid. Priceless.

I made a fan page about Leisure Suit Larry series. Do me a favour and check it out, some feedback would be nice. Just don’t go to hard on me Wink.
http://leisuresuitlarry.weebly.com/

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

great ! that new FB page (I am already at) i yours , too?

And you as you might know, for the fourth being skipped, It was totally a prank of a moment, motivated when one of the coworkers of Al was making fun of him asked him something like “so Al, are you making Larry 4 now!” and he thought about it later on, and as he had had intention to quit the series after the 3rd installment, he came up with the idea of the fifth, as meaning to say; many year had passed since Larry and Patti’s marriage, and I don’t want to get through its details… also it was am awesome inside prank when he announced to all his coworkers, he is working on the fifth, people went crazy! Grin

I couldn’t find the reference , bit its of one of his interviews

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Hey! Nice fan page u got there. Smile

I always loved the LSL series, particularly the first one, which is one of the first games I ever played. I was around 7-8 years old or so when I first played it, and I needed my parents to help me translate, as I didn’t really know any English at the time (and I struggled getting past the questions in the beginning). Fortunately they didn’t mind the sex bits, and saw the game for what it was - a humourous game that required you to think in order to progress. I guess I was too young to really understand much of it at the time, but I loved it nonetheless.  LSL1 along with KQ1-PQ1 and SQ1 are some of my fondest childhood memories. While Love for Sail is undoubtedly the best game in the series, my personal favourite is still the first one, purely for nostalgic reasons, so I made a vote for it on your page.

It’s a real shame about that taint a certain CEO has managed to put on the LSL series, I was really looking forward to a remake of the second and third game, not to mention a brand new eighth (or even a fourth) game, but I don’t see that happening any time soon after everything that happened at Replay in the aftermath of LSL-Reloaded.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Paul Trowe a CEO?
You give him far too much credit.

He’s been running a company of which we have seen only two employee’s, probably not much bigger than Pinkerton Road for that matter. At least Jane Jensen is creative director on the games she produces…..Paul Trowe has done what? Being a pain in the ass?
Has he ever created a real game in his life? His Sierra credits on Mobygames donot mention anything other than some tech support work.

His experience as depicted on his own site seems vastly overrated, much as everything with him.
Larry Reloaded is the result of Al Lowe and Josh Mandel. The only credit he can put next to his name is probably getting the Larry license off Vivendi.

Total Posts: 175

Joined 2008-09-02

PM

Nickherc, last year I did a VERY long interview  with Al Lowe about the history of the LSL series. I feel like he shared a lot of neat anecdotes, so this link might be interesting for you. Smile

Now playing: GreedFall, Control
Recently finished: Telling Lies, The Sinking City

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Sorry to you all for late response, been busy Nerd .

Advie, no, the facebook page is not mine Smile.

Dag, your parents are awesome Grin. Me and my friend played the original 1987 and felt so dirty Grin. When someone walked into the room, we immediately turned off the computer and started complaining that “stupid computer doesn’t work properly Grin”.
Yeah, I would love to see the remakes of Larry games.

Ingmar, thank you for the link, looking forward to read it. Can I link the interview with my page? Let me know.

What did you guys think about Reloaded? I like it, but 20$ for a recycled game is a bit too much, especially as they funded the whole thing through kickstarter. I like the graphics, soundtrack is awesome and hey, it’s a LARRY game! I just feel there’s to little new content added. For someone who doesn’t know Leisure Suit Larry series that isn’t an issue, but for us old gamers, who even backed the project with our own money, it’s a bit of a let down.

Rather then remakes, I would love to play a new Larry game designed from scratch. That would be awesome Cool .

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Dag - 26 September 2014 06:39 PM

While Love for Sail is undoubtedly the best game in the series,

I’m surprised so many people think that. There isn’t much in it between the 6 games, though 7, 5 and 3 in spite of the EGA graphics stand out to me.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

7 and 3 have always been the stand outs for me, my preference being 7 as the best game in the series. 6 and 5 are fun as well.

The first 2 are really the low point of the series, as those both are still struggling to find a real form. Larry 2 is a structual mess, albeit interesting one, and remake of Larry 1 highlights nicely how poorly the design of the first game has stood the test of time, despite the remake is IMO the best version of LSL1.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Someone is remaking the first Larry into the point&click; edition.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

tomimt - 02 October 2014 02:18 AM

7 and 3 have always been the stand outs for me, my preference being 7 as the best game in the series. 6 and 5 are fun as well.

The first 2 are really the low point of the series, as those both are still struggling to find a real form. Larry 2 is a structual mess, albeit interesting one, and remake of Larry 1 highlights nicely how poorly the design of the first game has stood the test of time, despite the remake is IMO the best version of LSL1.

Interesting, I find the first one awesome. But yeah, 7th, Love for Sail is the best. And the girls are very pretty Innocent .

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

diego - 02 October 2014 06:09 AM

Someone is remaking the first Larry into the point&click; edition.

Wow, nice, thanks for the link Grin.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Is there going to be a new Larry game or not? What do we have to do to make it happen?

I don’t even want to mention PT.

What is the situation with the rights? When will unmentionable person no longer have any control? I say that fans need to organize and make it known that we want Larry 8.

I would like to see Al write the script. Al did a magnificent job on Larry 7 (and I also loved 6).

I just worry that Al has gone a bit soft, in terms of his willingness to offend. I saw some interviews where he (sometimes with PT sitting next to him) seems extremely defensive about the charge that his games are “sexist.” Al should just tell those critics to get a sense of humor and to stop being so politically correct, but it seems (from the interviews I saw) like he wants their approval.

Women and men have loved these games for years. The games are comedies. I think we all get it. Al should tell these humorless activists to suck on lemons and lighten up. That would win him more support, I think. Who doesn’t want to see an Al Lowe vs Anita Sarkeesian face-off. Anyway, Al comes off so likeable that I think he could pull off being totally unapologetic when talking about the non-politically correct aspects of his games.

How well did Larry Reloaded sell? I don’t even think that felt like a finished game. It also felt weird. The vibe wasn’t right, and the narrator overdid it. His overacting killed a lot of the jokes. Don’t think that one would be a good indicator for how well a new one would do. There wasn’t a lot of enthusiasm for it.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

Larry returned to his home planet and he isn’t coming back. That’s fine though because Al and Josho got the last word on the series and we should all be happy with that.

Now, let’s focus our energy on something less controversial like Fester Mudd: Episode 2.

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

OrionO - 03 October 2014 05:41 AM

Is there going to be a new Larry game or not? What do we have to do to make it happen?

Unlikely. Al has gone back to retirement, the rights remain with Codemasters, who seem to have no plans, and what’s left of Replay has been doing other things.

Joined 2014-08-05

PM

Yeah, sadly, but true. They could made a good Larry game with little funding, but I guess there is no interest. But when I think about those two “other” Leisure Suit games, I think to myself, let it rest, at least for a while.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think one big issue is that LSLR got pretty badly mauled by the critics and the accusations of sexisim are something companies don’t want to have in this day and age. It really matter little, that the actual intention of LSL has always been a bit raunchy humour instead of sexism. As far that goes it’s not even close to what some movies can pull off. But as that can of worms has been opened, it is pretty hard to fight against and I can’t really blame Al for not wanting to do that and getting back into leisure of being retired.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top