• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Charophycean

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Adventure Game Scene of the Day — Tuesday 10 July 2012

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

I was trying to think of games from the early 90s that I haven’t played, and for some reason Curse of Enchantia came to mind. I’ve never really known anything about the game, I just remember seeing the box in stores at the time.(*)

I looked for more info on the game, and it turns out that it’s not a standard fantasy game (it has lots of anachronistic elements), and everyone seems to think it’s pretty bad.

Does anyone remember Curse of Enchantia?

(*) Does anyone with a better visual arts culture than mine know if Sierra totally ripped off that box cover, or if they’re both drawing inspiration from another, earlier source? It’s most likely the latter, but I don’t know what the original is.

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Can’t say I’ve ever even heard of the game. I like the graphics, though. At least for the backgrounds.

Total Posts: 68

Joined 2006-06-06

PM

I have only heard about this game through some Mystery Manor quizzes.
Oh, and someone once claimed there is a puzzle in which you must kill yourself . Anyone know what that’s about?

I like the graphics, too, but I hear the interface is not good.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Played this on the Amiga back in the day.

There was supposed to be a sequel, but they made a sci-fi game called Universe instead.

Longplay on Youtube

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

This one comes with a lot of memories.

It was actually the first original game I ever bought. I had an Amiga 600 and like a lot of kids those days had a lot of “backup copies” of games… (Hey, it was hard to find games in my country!!!). So after some birthday, got some money and my mom took me to a game store and I just chose some random game looking at the cover. Those where the days! No metacritic, gamerakings, video reviews, quick looks, nothing! Just entering a game store and choosing a game by how cool the box was or what was written in the back (Actually got Planescape Torment that way).

So, I got the game ran home and… found out I couldn’t play it because it needed an hard drive or something, it was a strategy game that I can’t remember the name. So, has any annoying kid would do I begged my mom to take me back to the store, got yelled for buying stuff without reading info about it and finally traded it for Curse of Enchantia!

Played hours and hours without a walkthrough (what were those at the time?). Remember having a hard time with the caves and the ice palace and begging my brother for help when I got stuck.

It isn’t considered a classic but the memories that come with being the first game I bought (and they were so rare!!) will always make it a great game! Probably everyone here as an adventure game like this.

Sorry for the long rambling in bad english

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Shany - 10 July 2012 01:00 PM

I have only heard about this game through some Mystery Manor quizzes.
Oh, and someone once claimed there is a puzzle in which you must kill yourself . Anyone know what that’s about?

I like the graphics, too, but I hear the interface is not good.

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can actually die in the game.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lucien21 - 11 July 2012 02:33 AM

I’m not sure, but I don’t think you can actually die in the game.

That is correct I think, the only thing I remember related to dying is waking up inside a coffin in the cemetery shown in the screenshot.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top