• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleVeoviszobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis Special Edition

Total Posts: 5

Joined 2014-05-13

PM

Mikekelly - 15 September 2014 06:59 AM

I’d buy this game - it would be so much fun. I hope it makes it out on multiple formats - I’d especially get an ipad version.

Heart

We are currently developing the demo with wintermute engine, this means PC only, the plan is to switch to possibly CryEngine or Unity for the final game and make it cross platform.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

I’m sure that these guys put a great effort into this, but I simply don’t like this style of “updating” graphics.
It looks so sterile and artificial, somehow too regular and the characters lack the personality, they look more like plastic dolls Frown

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I haven’t read all of this, but I was delighted to notice one thing - Patrik, the guy who is doing the art, did some tremendous Monkey Island fan art back then:

I love how (similar like with Indiana Jones remade screens) it looks improved to high-res but still preserving that “pixelated” style, and the general mood of the original pictures.

Bogi - 15 September 2014 11:08 AM

I’m sure that these guys put a great effort into this, but I simply don’t like this style of “updating” graphics.
It looks so sterile and artificial, somehow too regular and the characters lack the personality, they look more like plastic dolls Frown

Hehe… opinions differ. But I agree it does seem a bit “sterile” (though, it’s gonna be another story in motion and with characters in it). Actually - I think this style is more suited to Fate of Atlantis than Monkey Island.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

tonywar93 - 15 September 2014 08:50 AM

We are also opened to move to Disney studio and make the game over there, we dont care. We are also opened to open a Disney branch in Georgia, so it always stays under Disney Interactive studios.
That should be describe on meetings.”

Stranger things have happened but this guy has passed the exit to confident and is on the highway to cocky. If I was in his shoes I’d be more than happy if the project wasn’t shut down and any tiny bit more would be a huge bonus.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

diego - 15 September 2014 11:08 AM

Hehe… opinions differ. But I agree it does seem a bit “sterile” (though, it’s gonna be another story in motion and with characters in it). Actually - I think this style is more suited to Fate of Atlantis than Monkey Island.

Interesting, I like the stuff he did for Monkey Island much more, especially that circus scene. It has very warm color pallet and it’s not so “rigid” (I can’t find the precise term to describe this).

Total Posts: 363

Joined 2012-09-20

PM

I think this is all b*****t. Disney will never give the rights to them to make a game of Indiana Jones.

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

UruBoo - 16 September 2014 12:27 PM

I think this is all b*****t. Disney will never give the rights to them to make a game of Indiana Jones.

They can always go with Udoiana Raunes Grin

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 28

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

UruBoo - 16 September 2014 12:27 PM

I know, but there could be some hope if we show our support to the developers.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Only way they’d have hope would be if they could present Disney feasible plan of how they are planning to fund the game and if they actually have budget and the needed resources for it. Otherwise I don’t think Disney will be interested, as I doubt Disney cares to give an official commercial permission to a fan project that could take god knows how long to get finsihed.

And no, I don’t think Disney would be interested of bankrolling the game either. They could be interested on licensing it, but that’s all.

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

This adventure game would be a great hit for portable devices, seen the resonance that Indiana Jones has on old-time fans and the general public. Disney would be a fool to turn it down.

Total Posts: 619

Joined 2012-06-06

PM

Oh, Tony.  I applaud your enthusiasm, but there’s many here who have spent years in these trenches and have been down the roads you’re just traveling now.  Nevertheless, keep the positive attitude as long as you can! You never know, right?  Time may have a way of changing things.  Or completely crushing you - you never know!

Bt

Total Posts: 1079

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Most interesting remake attempt to date deserves full support.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2014-09-14

PM

The only reason why I’m enthusiast is because it is an Indiana Jones game, a great adventure, the first I’ve ever played in my life. I tell you more, I’m an orphan of a good Indy game since The Crap… er… Staff of Kings. I realize there are legal setbacks, but I want to be positive: if developers play their cards well, then we will all enjoy a well worth and needed remake (IMO, I know the original is superb).

Gabe - 19 September 2014 04:52 AM

Most interesting remake attempt to date deserves full support.

Totally agree with you!

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

I’ll never understand why people want remakes. But this thread reminded me of a very ambitious fan project: Indiana Jones and the Fountain of Youth. They released a nice demo once, I think somewhere around 2006-07. And the rest was silence.  Cry

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 1338

Joined 2009-08-06

PM

^
Apparently it is still in development.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top