• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Keybordzzobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Golden Wake, a 1920s adventure from Wadjet Eye and Grundislav Games

Total Posts: 49

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Grundislav Games in association with Wadjet Eye Games present:

The Story:
The Roaring Twenties. The Jazz Age. Prohibition.  For Alfie Banks, a young real estate salesman from New York recently relocated to Miami, it is a time of great opportunity. 

Set against the backdrop of the Florida Land Boom of the 1920s, A Golden Wake is a story of an innocent man’s descent into greed and corruption, and his eventual redemption. 

Based on actual events and featuring real life locations and historical figures, you must guide Alfie on his journey to reach the top of the real estate game as he deals with shady salesmen, cutthroat bootleggers, corrupt politicians, and much more, all while swept up in the events surrounding the inception of Coral Gables, The City Beautiful.

Screenshots:

Everyone is out to make a quick buck.

Enjoy a quiet drink behind closed doors with some unsavory characters .

Explore authentic historical locations from 1920s Miami.

Tool around in your very own Model T.

Nobody said real estate was easy.

The game will release on October 9th for Windows, Mac, and Linux.

If you pre-order before then, you’ll get a free copy of the soundtrack. You can check out the official trailer and order at the Wadjet Eye site:

http://www.wadjeteyegames.com/games/golden-wake/

Total Posts: 232

Joined 2010-08-21

PM

Huge congratulations for getting this far, man. You’re almost there! Smile I love the trailer. A lot o stuff going on, gotta dig that.

Best of luck wrapping up the development!

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

pre-ordered Wink It looks great.
Just a tiny bit disappointed with the midi soundtrack, especially since other indies like the journey down do have real musicians. But hey, some tunes are catchy nevertheless Tongue

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Alas, live musicians weren’t in our budget.

There was talk of having a live clarinetist, but in the end we went completely digital.  I think Pete (our musician) managed to get a pretty good sound library, and the soundtrack is extremely catchy. Smile

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

Can’t wait for this. Grin

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

Is it a digital download version only, or is there any chance that there will be a dvd version?

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

Pre-ordered and looking forward to playing this!

I guess there won’t be a DVD version given WadjetEye’s stance on this recently but I would also be interested if there was a physical version.

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

No current plans for a physical version, I’m sorry to say.

Total Posts: 114

Joined 2007-08-24

PM

Darn, “me three” on “interested in a physical release”. Oh well, looking forward to the game nonetheless.

Intense Degree - 12 September 2014 06:04 AM

I guess there won’t be a DVD version given WadjetEye’s stance on this recently but I would also be interested if there was a physical version.

What stance is that, have they mentioned not doing those anymore?
I know the Resonance one was a mess for them financially (which is a shame, as the box itself is a doozy). Still, was kinda hoping for a Blackwell “CE” in the foreseeable future…

Total Posts: 187

Joined 2005-01-25

PM

A boxed edition seems like a good candidate for a Kickstarter. You establish up front whether there are enough people interested to make it worth it, and can order just the right number of copies.

Of course, time spent on running the Kickstarter campaign, designing box art and dealing with manufacturing and shipping is time not spent actually making a game, so unless Francisco or Dave particularly want to do it, it still might not make sense for them.

Total Posts: 45

Joined 2003-09-09

PM

Hi everyone! Dave here. Popping in to reply. Smile

Yes you heard correct. We don’t do physical editions anymore. There are several reasons for this, but it boils down to that they are very expensive and time consuming to make, and (sadly) there is very little demand for them. Not only that, but something always goes wrong to make it even more expensive and time consuming then I think it will be. Whether shipping costs go up, or the burning process goes wrong, or the box images turn out way too dark, or whathaveyou. With each physical release we do, we take a loss on them. So I had to be brutally honest with myself. To stay in business we have to be very careful about how we spend our time, money and energy. And spending all three on physical editions was just not worth it.

We thought about doing a Kickstarter for the Blackwell physical release, but Kickstarter campaigns take a loooong time and we were stretched pretty thin working on the game as it was.

That said, things could change. Services are emerging that could potentially take the gruntwork out of the process. We are looking into them.

Sorry to disappoint!

-Dave

Website: Wadjet Eye Games || Twitter: @wadjeteyegames || Currently working on: Unavowed

Joined 2006-12-19

PM

Bumping the thread to announce the demo!

You can get it for Windows, Mac or Linux at the official site or from Steam!

Release is in one week. Yikes!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Grundislav - 02 October 2014 03:26 PM

Bumping the thread to announce the demo!

You can get it for Windows, Mac or Linux at the official site or from Steam!

Release is in one week. Yikes!

Great! Dloading.  Thumbs Up

Total Posts: 2071

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

An enjoyable, lighthearted demo with some fun puzzle mini-games. Looks like another quality adventure from Wadjet Eye!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

No voiceovers on Objects/locations and Mouse Cursor doesn’t animate/change on highlighting locations/areas/exits etc.

Other than that, will get the full game. Different story.

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

I’m surprised it’s not on preorder on Gog which is where I preordered all the wadjet eye games until now (I prefer a Gog key to a steam key which is why I prefer ordering on Gog rather than through the humble widget)...

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top