• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

A Vampyre Story hint request

Total Posts: 449

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

Mona is collecting ingredients to create the Golem, and is trying to get the Belladonna bulbs to grow. She has the Scotchman Miraculous growth fertilizer and has poured it on the bulbs in the planter box but nothing happened. When I have her try again, she says “I’ve already done that”. I’ve done a google search for others who may have run into this issue, but came up empty. Any ideas or help would be most appreciated!

Life is too short to drink bad wine…

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’m not sure if this is actually a prerequisite, but I had dumped the ashes in the planter box before adding the fertilizer.

Worth a shot?

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

TimovieMan - 10 September 2014 06:42 AM

Worth a shot?

Absolutely worth a shot! Thankfully it doesn’t matter what order the “additives” go in the box, however. I hadn’t saved for a while. Thanks!!!

Speaking of saves, I read somewhere the save game files for this game are in a weird format and location. Supposedly, they are bin files located in “Program Files (X86)/A Vampyre Story/assets/scripts”, and the largest bin file is the latest save game. I’ve checked this location after saving, and the modified dates of these files never change, nor does the file size.

I like to delete all saved games when I uninstall a game (which I usually do when I finish), but I still had all my saves from when I last played this back in 2009. How can I do this?

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Mike the Wino - 10 September 2014 11:06 AM

Speaking of saves, I read somewhere the save game files for this game are in a weird format and location. Supposedly, they are bin files located in “Program Files (X86)/A Vampyre Story/assets/scripts”, and the largest bin file is the latest save game. I’ve checked this location after saving, and the modified dates of these files never change, nor does the file size.

I like to delete all saved games when I uninstall a game (which I usually do when I finish), but I still had all my saves from when I last played this back in 2009. How can I do this?

It’s supposed to be the .bin file with the biggest number, not the biggest size. There’s also supposed to be three files per savegame, the .bin file (that can be opened in notepad should you encounter the perfume bottle bug) and two picture files.

I’m basing this on info I found online, though. My Vampyre Story copy was installed on my previous PC.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Joined 2006-11-20

PM

TimovieMan - 10 September 2014 05:29 PM

It’s supposed to be the .bin file with the biggest number, not the biggest size. There’s also supposed to be three files per savegame, the .bin file (that can be opened in notepad should you encounter the perfume bottle bug) and two picture files.

I’m basing this on info I found online, though. My Vampyre Story copy was installed on my previous PC.

Interesting. I’ve attached a screen capture of the game folders opened up to the scripts folder, with the largest numbered .bin file circled. As you can see, it hasn’t been modified since 2008, and the folder doesn’t seem to have any picture files. I have no clue how a game would get saved in a .bin file…seems kind of strange to me, but I’m definitely not a programmer. I guess, once I’m done with the game, I can uninstall it and look at (or for) this folder again, and just delete it if it’s there.

Just curious…do you or anyone else reading this have an idea how saving a game like this works?

Image Attachments

Vampyre_scripts_folder.jpg

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top