• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretin

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Firewatch by Campo Santo

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

A game by a new team comprised of ex-members of Telltale (from the 1st series of Walking Dead), Klei (Mark of the Ninja) and others from The Cave, Bioshock 2, Fable 3, etc

http://www.firewatchgame.com/

Firewatch is a single-player first-person video game where you, as a man named Henry, explore the Wyoming wilderness after taking a summer job as a fire lookout. What is supposed to be a peaceful respite from your complicated life takes a turn when you start to question some of the things that are happening to you. Your only human connection is over a handheld radio, which you’ll use to speak with Delilah, your supervisor, about the things both of you are experiencing.

There was a presentation about the game on PAX today showing gameplay, didn’t watch it all but of what I seen looked promising -  good visuals, had some exploration through the forest and an active dialogue system (kind of like Walking Dead dialogue).
Intriguing Trailer - should be available soon. Out next year.

Edit: Trailer -

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Looks fantastic , the rendering engine has nice feel to it.
Good to see new themes being explored.

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

Looks amazing. Watch the panel and gameplay demo here, around 23:16:00: http://www.twitch.tv/pax2/b/563131781

What excites me most is that they understand the core failings of the genre. They understand that hearing varying forms of “I can’t do that” is fundamentally unsatisfying, and that as the player, you should be able to approach challenges in a way that feels natural to you. Not only that, but you’re actually exploring as part of the core gameplay, which is severely lacking in most adventure games.

That, in a nutshell, is why a forward-thinking game like this will always be more successful than the dozens of backwards-looking adventures that have released in the past year or so.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Demo was good, the Sepia filter is spoiling it,too heavy, i hope the weather changes like the pic posted by Wilco.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

Meh…I’m not much into first-person games, but that trailer did virtually nothing for me. Nice to look at, and…mildly intriguing, but yeah…can’t see what the fuss is about.

Might be good, though, I like adventures that offer a bit of something else while maintaining a key adventure-gamey feel (Brothers, Stacking, Stick to the Man, Contrast, Valiant Hearts, Rain, Murdered Soul Suspect[which is a much better example of an adventure game than the oft-touted L.A Noire I feel]).

Still a wait-and-see for me.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I interviewed the Campo Santo guys for a magazine article earlier this year and we talked a lot about their inspirations for the game. The piece was recently reprinted here: http://www.gamestm.co.uk/features/ex-walking-dead-devs-on-new-project-firewatch/

A lot of the adventure game specific stuff didn’t make it into the article, but I’m hoping to do some kind of write-up for AG that includes some of those quotes. Hmm, maybe now would be a good time to get on that. Tongue

Total Posts: 278

Joined 2008-07-11

PM

You should definitely do that Tongue

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Same Demo with updated elements.

I like how you can interact with objects and share opinions with your partner.

Announce the console date already.

Total Posts: 189

Joined 2010-06-26

PM

Very much looking forward to this game!

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

E3 trailer

This is looking great

Total Posts: 127

Joined 2014-01-05

PM

I had the same reservation towards the game as A.A. but now I’m genuinely intrigued. I’m curious how they’re going to give you a whole open-world to explore and still keep conversations (and puzzles) interesting after you’ve been to certain area.

Recently played: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons 5/5, Bioshock 2 4/5, Tomb Raider (2013) 3/5 Looking forward to: Gibbous, Saint Kotar

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Damn after Rapture i am aching to play similar game, cannot wait.
Hope it releases this year.

Frown

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Launching next year in February 9th in PC/PS4. Too bad, I was also hoping it would be this year

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

wilco - 12 October 2015 12:35 PM

Launching next year in February 9th in PC/PS4. Too bad, I was also hoping it would be this year

Witness in Jan and this in Feb.
Only Rime is left, lets see if PGW expo reveals the rel date for that.

Cant wait.

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

20$ for both steam and psn.
Great price.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 02 February 2016 03:55 PM

20$ for both steam and psn.
Great price.

Indeed good price, that plus the 10% pre-purchase discount just seals it to try it blindly given the talent involved

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top