• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

KeybordzLadyLinda

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any upcoming Kickstarters?

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Hey ladies and gents!

I was wondering if anyone had any leads on any point and click adventure projects that might be gearing up for a Kickstarter run in the near future? Anything worthy to keep an eye out for?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Well, I’ll be a tease… I’ve been chatting with an adventure game dev who’s considering doing a Kickstarter this fall. If it happens I think it’s going to be of interest to a lot of people in this community (esp. fans of traditional old-school adventures). Sorry I can’t say more than that at the moment, but let the speculation begin. Grin

Total Posts: 270

Joined 2003-09-11

PM

Currently, there are KS campaigns going on from Steve Ince and Bill Tiller (Brawe2) & Tiller with friends (Duke Grabowski), but they both seem to struggle at this moment.
I’m a backer on both, but I’m not confident that their funding goals will be reached.

As for this anonymous AG dev, I would back anything from Jordan Mechner or Dave Gilbert. Wink

Max: Right! We’ll travel through this dimensional portal on the top of the bar!
Sam: That’s spilled beer, rockhead.
Max: Oh in that case ...

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

fov - 29 August 2014 01:14 PM

Well, I’ll be a tease… I’ve been chatting with an adventure game dev who’s considering doing a Kickstarter this fall. If it happens I think it’s going to be of interest to a lot of people in this community (esp. fans of traditional old-school adventures). Sorry I can’t say more than that at the moment, but let the speculation begin. Grin

Aha! This is what I was hoping to hear! Now you’ve got my hopes up! Fortunately fall is right around the corner…

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

jaap - 29 August 2014 02:09 PM

Currently, there are KS campaigns going on from Steve Ince and Bill Tiller (Brawe2) & Tiller with friends (Duke Grabowski), but they both seem to struggle at this moment.
I’m a backer on both, but I’m not confident that their funding goals will be reached.

As for this anonymous AG dev, I would back anything from Jordan Mechner or Dave Gilbert. Wink

I have backed both of those projects as well. I am really hoping they make it.

As for Mechner and Gilbert, I would support either one in a heartbeat!

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

We’re preparing something for October 1st. I can tell you that it will be mind-blowing news for fans of horror games, and we have two teasers already available:

Jaws will drop. 100% guaranteed Grin

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Agustín Cordes - 30 August 2014 03:55 AM

We’re preparing something for October 1st. I can tell you that it will be mind-blowing news for fans of horror games, and we have two teasers already available:

Jaws will drop. 100% guaranteed Grin

Hey awesome! I am intrigued. Thanks for letting us know about this. I will be counting the days until October 1st.

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Sorry, but I think it’s a bad idea to run a second KS when you haven’t delivered the first KS-funded game yet.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Fov,

Was this announced horror game being unveiled on October 1st, the secret project you were referring to potentially coming this fall?

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

I know of one that will release shortly, probably next week, but can’t say anything about that yet (keep an eye out for an announcement on the front page).
There’s also a project by some ex-Pendulo / ex-Revolution people called Crazy Bloody Robots
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Bloody-Robots/260183087478897
http://davidpuerta.blogspot.nl/2014/04/crazy-bloody-robots.html
but not sure what the status on that is or when that will launch.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I saw an announcement that Dave Grossman is leaving Telltale. I’m very curious as to what he’ll be doing next. Maybe a kickstarter?

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I kind of want to wait for some of my horses to come in before I back any more adventure Kickstarters. The results of the projects I’ve backed have been mixed; some great, some not, some seem like they may never really materialize. Most of games that were really in my top tier have already had their Kickstarters and now I just want to sit back and see how they turn out.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Lots of teasing going on in this thread!!! Laughing

PolloDiablo - 30 August 2014 08:01 AM

There’s also a project by some ex-Pendulo / ex-Revolution people called Crazy Bloody Robots
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Bloody-Robots/260183087478897
http://davidpuerta.blogspot.nl/2014/04/crazy-bloody-robots.html
but not sure what the status on that is or when that will launch.

Interesting project never heard of it, artstyle reminds on DotT

Anyone knows if Syberia 3 is going to be a kickstarter?

Total Posts: 1573

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

Another lovely, filthy kitchen. I wonder what that thing in the pot might be.

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Also starting next week, Paradigm, which we announced back in March
http://www.adventuregamers.com/news/view/26151
http://www.paradigmadventure.com/

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Becky - 30 August 2014 09:27 AM

Another lovely, filthy kitchen. I wonder what that thing in the pot might be.

Looks like bound lobster claws that are sticking out, so with the stains on the back there, I’d guess an exploded lobster. Tongue

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top