• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

diego

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

And the title of the next Simon The Sorcerer is…

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2013-05-13

PM

Simon The Sorcerer - Between Worlds

Boy! It’s a bit nerve wrecking to share with you guys, but here go.
We posted something in our blog with our first public in game screenshot and the working logo of our game. We’d love to hear what you think about it either here or in our blog/forums.

It’s a big step to be finally showing some art from the game beside our concepts. So drop your 2 cents!
Cheers Smile

http://storybeasts.com/simontitle

Simon (the Sorcerer) doesn’t appreciate that you’re not following the news of his upcoming adventure!
http://www.storybeasts.com is the place to go for updates and such.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I can’t say I like the character design, but the magic shop looks pretty good.

Total Posts: 1782

Joined 2010-01-10

PM

tomimt - 27 August 2014 08:09 AM

I can’t say I like the character design, but the magic shop looks pretty good.

I agree, particularly about Simon. He just seems too tall.

Life is what it is.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Redesign the characters pronto, but I’m afraid it’s already too late Frown

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I like the character design!

Yes, Simon seems a bit taller than usual, but I think it’s something i can get used too easily.

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

I really liked the first two games but never got myself to get acquainted with the newer titles that aroused some mixed feelings in people. Should really take this series under a marathon some day too. Good thing there’s still games coming on the series, and I think this new one looks pretty good. A bit different but not bad at all.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

He does look pretty tall, but, I guess he is growing up.  I can’t wait to play this no matter how he looks.  I loved the first two games…. in fact, my grandkids were playing Simon 1 yesterday while I was babysitting them. They love the games too. And I think that is a good title for the game.  Keep working on it so I can play it soon!

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

He does look a bit too tall in this picture, though I suspect that the wizzzard hat and the angle of the screenshot makes him look taller than he actually is.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 63

Joined 2007-05-25

PM

Will this game be Kickstarted?

Joined 2013-05-13

PM

Guys, just a quick favour we’d like to ask from you. If you can help us choose which logo variation for the game you like the most, we’d appreciate it.
It’s a minor thing, but we’d like to get it out of the way soon Smile Cheers!

Check the variations here

Simon (the Sorcerer) doesn’t appreciate that you’re not following the news of his upcoming adventure!

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2006-12-03

PM

The look of Simon is more important than the variation in logos, I guess. He looks really awful; not only he is much to tall, but he has a silly face (at least in this screenshot) and needs nicer/better clothing as well (note: the face of George in BS5 got a lot of comments during the KS campaign and was changed after these).

Joined 2013-05-13

PM

It is more important, of course, but we’d still appreciate your input.

Something I’d like to clarify is we’re approaching development differently than many other teams.
We’re sharing this screenshot so early (we’re still on pre-alpha) because want to take feedback from the audience and incorporate the biggests consesus in our game. We cannot possibly satisfy everybody, but we’ll do our best to improve.

mart: The face may looks silly at that particular frame because he is in the middle of a talking animation. I wouldn’t worry too much about that issue, but you’ll see whenever we share animations.
A lot of people is pointing the height problem, we’re certainly going to address that!
Could you expand on why you think it looks really awful though? The things you mention don’t seem to be that big. Also, what do you mean with nicer, better clothing?

Bear in mind that 20 years have passed in-game, so this is a much older, out of shape version of Simon.

Cheers!

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Number 6 definitely. Again I presume it’s Simon’s profile and I’m sorry to say, but it looks awful. I think character design must be reconsidered.

Total Posts: 2978

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I liked the 6th logo best.

Joined 2013-05-13

PM

Bogi - 27 August 2014 02:11 PM

Number 6 definitely. Again I presume it’s Simon’s profile and I’m sorry to say, but it looks awful. I think character design must be reconsidered.

Bogi, it’s definitely not late to redesign. Can you give us more details on what you don’t like?

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I really like the logo 1, as it’s pretty much a classic all the way, but I can’t decide if I like it as much as I like logo 2. The golden look fits better on the overall color scheme than the blue/purple variants.

What bothers me the most in Simon is that his neck seems to be a bit too long as is his nose. From some reason I’e always though he’d look more like a caricature of Wreckless Eric.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top