• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

How would you tweak KQVII?

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

How would you tweak KQVII to make it a better game?
The only changes I would do are:
-Not starting the game in the desert; start in a more interesting location, perhaps make the ‘Desert’ Land similar to Serenia—A lush rain forest type land with the ‘desert’ two screens east or west
-Add the classical KQ5-KQ7 icon interface and a narrator

I think with those two changes alone, you have a much much better game.

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

I don’t have a problem with the starting area, per se, but I hate the stupid choose-your-chapter system.  It’s completely pointless.  I’d restructure it slightly so it played properly as one big continuous narrative, just switching between protagonists at the appropriate times.

Or better yet, I’d love to see the game reworked so that you could switch between protagonists AT WILL, like in Day of the Tentacle.  But that would probably require more of a ground-up reworking, including changing story & puzzle elements so that the two protagonists couldn’t cross paths when they weren’t supposed to.

Total Posts: 1368

Joined 2012-09-28

PM

Lambonius - 20 August 2014 11:53 PM

Or better yet, I’d love to see the game reworked so that you could switch between protagonists AT WILL, like in Day of the Tentacle.  But that would probably require more of a ground-up reworking, including changing story & puzzle elements so that the two protagonists couldn’t cross paths when they weren’t supposed to.

Now THAT would be completely awesome. “KQVII 20th Anniversary Remake, now featuring Chron-o-John!! (and terrible new graphics and voices) Get your copy today!”

Total Posts: 1235

Joined 2013-03-31

PM

Zifnab - 21 August 2014 12:51 AM

Now THAT would be completely awesome. “KQVII 20th Anniversary Remake, now featuring Chron-o-John!! (and terrible new graphics and voices) Get your copy today!”

I WOULD PLAY THE SHIT OUT OF THAT.  hahaha

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Personally, I’d be content if they added the option for subtitles, and if they upped the amount of colours used from 256 to at least 16-bit (to get rid of all the dithering).
Add some fast-travel options (the walking animation is sloooow), and you’re pretty much set.

I never thought of KQVII as a bad game at all. The final few chapters could use some better writing and some more exposition (especially for those who didn’t play KQIV), but really, the game is fine as it is, imo…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Can’t wait for the “How would you tweak KQ8” thread!

As for KQVII, I’d appreciate a little more work, shadings… on the characters, to match the backgrounds better.

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

Change the graphics to resemble those in KQ5, KQ6, or those of the VGA fan remakes of KQ.
Add the option for subtitles.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top