• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Warcraft Adventures: The best Adventure Game never released?

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

Anyone else agree? I would pay a crapload of money for this game to come out in some way, be it leak, as a downloable game on GOG or Steam, or remade by TT or TOG.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

or a remade by Sierra/Activation, come on, pay respect to your fav developer Tongue

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

Advie - 01 May 2015 11:49 PM

or a remade by Sierra/Activation, come on, pay respect to your fav developer Tongue

Well when I said TOG that’s who I meant in essence Wink It is plausible since Sierra and Blizzard are sister-companies and Sierra did work for Blizzard in the past…

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Oh, ok, i am going to sleep, right away!  Laughing

Image Attachments

shoot_me.jpg

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2012-06-18

PM

Dance Magic Dance - 01 May 2015 11:32 PM

Anyone else agree? I would pay a crapload of money for this game to come out in some way, be it leak, as a downloable game on GOG or Steam, or remade by TT or TOG.

Me too. Chance is slim to none though knowing Blizzard’s history.

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

i suspect that the amount of work required to get it into a state where they could sell it would be too much.. at the point where theyr doing all kinds of dev work on it they might as well be remaking it with modern art.
I dont see that happening….

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

I used to be in touch with the dude that has the leaked beta. If I remember well, he was part of an underground group called “The Gravediggers” that hunted for truly rare adventures—stuff few ever heard of. He was kind enough to share a leaked alpha of Planetfall 2 (don’t get your hopes up, it’s a rough, uneven prototype) but for some reason he clinches at that Warcraft Adventures beta.

Someday… someday…

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Agustín Cordes - 04 May 2015 08:42 AM

I used to be in touch with the dude that has the leaked beta. If I remember well, he was part of an underground group called “The Gravediggers” that hunted for truly rare adventures—stuff few ever heard of. He was kind enough to share a leaked alpha of Planetfall 2 (don’t get your hopes up, it’s a rough, uneven prototype) but for some reason he clinches at that Warcraft Adventures beta.

Someday… someday…

rumor was he paid a decent sum to get this beta. So i guess hes going to hold onto it Tongue

Total Posts: 259

Joined 2004-03-09

PM

zane - 04 May 2015 11:00 AM

Someday… someday…

rumor was he paid a decent sum to get this beta. So i guess hes going to hold onto it Tongue

Not surprised then. If I’m not mistaken, he bought that Planetfall 2 prototype through eBay, though at a reasonable sum. Another reason could be that Blizzard are still around, they’re a huge corporation, and they wouldn’t be happy with whoever leaks this coveted chunk of game history…

Senscape // Founder // Designer | Working on: Asylum | Twitter: @AgustinCordes

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

^yeah they wouldnt be happy. i dont think theyd do anything though.. besides send some C&D letters to sites that host it directly.

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

Dance Magic Dance - 01 May 2015 11:32 PM

Yeah, me too. This is probably the best adventure game I never played.

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Joined 2014-08-20

PM

There has to be some way to someday play it, or at least a remade version of it Frown It shouldn’t stay buried forever.

Total Posts: 601

Joined 2014-11-29

PM

Would’ve loved to have played this, but - well, it’s a matter of taste, but I don’t think it can hold a candle to CoMI. The problem with it is that it’s pretty uneven graphically - good backgrounds, some great characters, but here and there animation is so spotty it’s below 1980s shovelware assembly line cartoons.

From what I recall from my infancy, reading about it in gaming magazines, there were a lot of communication issues based on working remotely with Slavic studios, and generally style-wise.

What it does have is a CRAPLOAD of animation, even for a 00s game, let alone a 1998 one, and it’s to be commended for. I don’t remember any other game having so much details in its movements, like the character entering a room and using one hand to close the door behind its back, etc. Too bad about the unevenness of it all… And too bad we’ll probably never get to play it Frown There’s something about green cartoony orcs and that unbelievable music that gets me every time.

Total Posts: 131

Joined 2014-04-11

PM

Yes, this looks beautiful. It’s a shame it never got released.

I wish more games had come out using this art style. To me this is timeless. Just perfect the animation, up the resolution and voila! I imagine all that would be quite expensive, though. :-(

Total Posts: 290

Joined 2003-09-16

PM

Someday… someday…

First off, hey Agustin…stop posting and instead dedicate 24 hours a day to releasing your kick ass adventure game Asylum ok?  Laughing Can’t wait to play the finished release.

Also, I wonder what happened to the poster gravedigger?  I assume by his forum name he was a member of the gravediggers group.  He had a great knowledge of the rare adventure titles.  But one day he just disappeared.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top