• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445Keybordzwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Silent Hills returns with Del Toro

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

As you can see on teaser Del Toro sign makes SH most resounding horhor franchise again.

Silent Hills Trailer

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

The playable teaser itself is a huge success and made the franchise relevant again.
Hats off to Kojima and Foxengine more than added Movie Directors.

There is another theory of multiple directors working on the game not just G.D.toro.
That will be wet dream, dreams of dreams. Each director with their own version hence the S in Silenthills.

More nightmare fuel

http://i.imgur.com/KrhdC3a.jpg

Outlast, amnesia, alien etc can pack their bags and go.

Japanese horror is back!

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

What film is that from?

Also, has anyone here played P.T.?

I’m just curious as to what happens when you press R3 on the pause menu…

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

If the game itself lives up to the playable teaser then it’ll be amazing. I can’t remember the last time a game scared me this much without it solely coming from cheap jump scares (Outlast, I’m looking at you).

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Tad - 15 August 2014 12:49 PM

1. What film is that from?

2. Also, has anyone here played P.T.?

I’m just curious as to what happens when you press R3 on the pause menu…

1. Thats from the game itself, just colors/contrast on different settings.

and different loop with different lighting , same scene with different loop

http://i.imgur.com/Ap1fm0k.jpg

2. Played it three times with my pals, did sessions at night, crapped ourselves.

Still finding new scares, they have put too many random stuff, attention to detail
is amazing.

My favorite part is Talking bag

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ah, cool. Thanks for the info.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 8

Joined 2014-08-30

PM

Saw a walkthrough for the p.t. as I don’t own a PS4. But I was freaked out by watching it. No horror movies have ever done that to me, so it’s quite cool. I can only imagine what it will be like to play it though. I am hopeful there will be an option for first person, that’ll make it that much more scary imo.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Very interesting - thanks for sharing.

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

Honestly ... I would like the return of the original Silent Hill team if we talk about a new release, especially those who created the first 3 games, which is where the “spirit” Of Silent Hill (so to speak) resides. With Hiroyuki Owaku as a writer and the rest of the team, including Akira Yamaoka taking over of the music. I hope that Silent Hill can return to what it used to be. : (

Because honestly a famous name attached to a project name means nothing to me, either Guillermo Del Toro or whoever.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Guillermo Del Toro should be given the benefit of the doubt, though. He’s capable of creative brilliance, and even if some of his work is mediocre or bad, somehow it’s still interesting, and that’s a rare gift.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2014-08-01

PM

I consider myself a pretty knowledgeable person of cinema in general, especially in foreign cinema, so I know the trajectory of the Toro from the beginning (from Cronos, to The Devil’s Backbone and Pan’s Labyrinth, his best films in my opinion) and I’m quite aware of his best and worst works, although this of course basically depends on personal tastes, although anyone can criticize or not certain aspects of his films.

What I am saying is that the fact that Guillermo is tied to a project does not mean anything to me at first, I’m not saying this as a negative thing but it is not a guarantee of anything, and definitely I’m not too thrilled to know.

” I remember. Somebody died. It was me.”
~

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

TGS TRailer

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → General → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top