• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

I’ve played through probably most of Episode 1. Bigger than I was expecting.

Game is very good. Anyone that thinks Gone Home mixed with a bit of recent Telltale stuff sounds good should definitely try this.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

And now it’s finished. Took me around 2h30 -3 hours.
Game story has some cliché but it’s overall good with an excellent ending that sets up the next episodes.
Time rewinding power is fun and allows for some experiences with your choices, allowing to see what each choice means immediatelly for the scene. Also allows for some puzzles but they are very easy has excepted. Still a much more interesting game mechanic than mind-numbing QTEs.
The resemblance from Gone Home comes from that exploration rewards the player with lots of info about the town and characters just by looking through photos, posters, drawings… Also has relatable down-to-earth (hipster Smile )characters, but it does have a paranormal/scifi twist and i like that.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Cool, I’ll pick it up as soon as I can. Cheers for the no spoiler info.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Where can you get the game from?

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

chrissie - 30 January 2015 11:41 AM

Where can you get the game from?

Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Thank you wilco!

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

@wilco

Any similarities with Lynch or S.King as some site pointed out??

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

nomadsoul - 30 January 2015 12:16 PM

@wilco

Any similarities with Lynch or S.King as some site pointed out??

Stephen King maybe, small town, supernatural elements, some creepy characters

Lynch I’m not seeing anything…  Maybe his talking about Twin Peaks but I don’t think it has the same feeling

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Finished episode 1.

Yup, definitely enjoyed it. It’s a little rough here and there, but I actually think it was really good. There’s a reason to go back and try and find little things I might of missed and the game offers a bit more freedom to explore compared to Telltale’s games.

The story is setting up quite nicely and the choices are a bit more difficult to judge in this. They also said when the next one is out in march…here that Telltale…an actual idea…wouldn’t that be nice.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

@Tad

What did you think of the stepdad, he was obviously a jerk but what was he doing with the campus cameras and stalking? Just being a paranoid stalker or the twist is he is actually doing some good and trying to find Rachel or something?

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

wilco - 30 January 2015 06:53 PM

@Tad

What did you think of the stepdad, he was obviously a jerk but what was he doing with the campus cameras and stalking? Just being a paranoid stalker or the twist is he is actually doing some good and trying to find Rachel or something?

Not sure yet. His attitude is definitely creepy and dangerous. Regardless if he has good intentions, he’s clearly unhinged due to his time in the army and put under more stress (bills unpaid, work, home life) will simply make things worse for him and those around him. Did you manage to pick up those files without them falling in oil? I’m interested in why he was picking on Kate though. That was left open and unless it’s something to do with the rumour about her being on the net, I’m not sure what’s wrong yet.

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Anyone played the PS4 version? How does it stack up graphically against the PC version?

Total Posts: 506

Joined 2003-09-10

PM

I’m going to be playing on PS3 but when I went to buy it tonight, the only option is $4.99 episode 1 and $16.99 “season pass” for eps 2-5. There is supposed to be a $19.99 “complete season” but apparently it won’t be on the PlayStation Store until next week.

I know it’s only a $2 difference, but I have a hard time with a customer service experience that makes early adopters pay extra, so I guess I’ll wait. Going to check out the demo in the meantime. I’m glad to hear people are liking it so far, I’m really excited for this game… just not an extra $2 excited, apparently. Tongue

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

There’s a review on Ars Technica of all places here: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/01/life-is-strange-episode-one-review-trying-and-retrying-new-things/ . Looks very interesting. I’ll wait until all the episodes are out before buying it.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top