• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Life is Strange

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

I did it by entering his birthday. Seemed obvious to me.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

One thing that gives me hope for solid ending is that Dontnod said they wanted wrap things with these characters and if they do a Season 2 would be with different ones in another location. This allows for more variability in the different endings.

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

So…now I actually know what people mean when they say something is an “emotional roller-coaster”.

That episode was just…everything. The Kate stuff I loved (even the texts she sends I love reading) and provided the episode the “happy” stuff of the episode. That junkyard scene- rushing to the spot with that utter sense of dread and the inevitable devastation that followed-  was just heart-breaking. She loved her, alright. Frown The Warren stuff, meh, I’m indifferent to the character so I don’t really care for his scenes, but he was a bit better here than previously I guess. I liked Victoria at the end- I liked seeing that being nice to her in ep 1 wasn’t for nought and was kinda able to make up with her. Actually had the irrational thought she was going to get snipered or something when she got up on stage to accept the prize.  Was even relieved when nothing eventuated. But yeah, that didn’t last long. Frown 

Ah, that ending…I just stared at the screen blankly for about 5 minutes as the credits rolled. I think they ran past about 3 times before I pressed the button to skip them.

That was deflating. I have 3 save games going, but I’m not sure I can bear playing through that another two times. Not at the moment anyway. Sigh.
God, this game gets to me. Frown

ETA: Oh, and the dialogue is still iffy from a writing perspective (the actors do the best they can with it). A comment regarding stationary early in ep 4 was particularly laughable I thought. Doesn’t stop it from being amongst my 3 best games of the year. But still…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Frogacuda - 01 August 2015 08:31 AM

I did it by entering his birthday. Seemed obvious to me.

You see, I tried that and it didn’t work. It wasn’t intill afterwards I realised it’s in America and they swap the dates around. D’oh!

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Total Posts: 966

Joined 2005-11-29

PM

It did occur to me that that might confuse those outside of the US (even Canada does it the other way, I think). But I was also aware that the game is French and prepared to try it both ways even as I was doing it, lol.

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

What on Earth - that didn’t seem obvious to me.

That’s pretty sloppy on Nathan’s part. Although, it’s probably sloppier to not memorise the entrance code to your torture chamber. Paper trail.

As for A.A’s comment, I was also getting a Carrie vibe when Victoria accepted her prize. I felt the boos were a bit much as her dialogue was really nice this episode. Didn’t hate her enough. Every high schooler got a decent wrap up to their arc except for the student quizzing you on the Robert Capa photo. Remember him?

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

For people interested in how Life is Strange handles choices and consequences, this article has the full, gigantic flowchart for the conversation with Frank from episode 4. It’s really interesting how many things the game tracks and how they impact every stage of the conversation, as well as the outcome.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/04/the-ridiculous-design-behind-a-key-scene-in-life-is-strange/

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Kurufinwe - 05 August 2015 12:46 PM

For people interested in how Life is Strange handles choices and consequences, this article has the full, gigantic flowchart for the conversation with Frank from episode 4. It’s really interesting how many things the game tracks and how they impact every stage of the conversation, as well as the outcome.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/04/the-ridiculous-design-behind-a-key-scene-in-life-is-strange/

That is interesting, some of them were apparent to me because I rewinded a lot of times in that scene but didn’t realize the full scope. It’s great attention to detail. I do hope this will have an impact in the final episode. Leaving on good terms with Frank took me some time and a lot of rewinds.

Total Posts: 555

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

By far the best episode in the series so far.

I wouldn’t say it’s better than season 1 of TWD, but it’s better than anything else Telltale has done.  And if it had a last episode that rivaled episode 5 of TWD it would make for good competition.

I wonder if they used up all their really good stuff in this episode and are going to have more of cliched, predictable conclusion though.

Max said something in this episode about a Star Trek episode where Kirk had to let someone he loved die for the greater good.  My guess is that in the end Max is going to have to go back in time and stop herself from saving Chloe the first time, thereby stopping herself from discovering her power.  Because her power seems to be what’s causing all these natural disasters, and we know a tornado is headed to Arcadia Bay.

And that could be a good ending if done really well.  But it’d be kind of boring if it had such a predictable conclusion too.

Also I totally called Jefferson as being the most likely suspect after episode 1.  Yum 

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

A.A - 01 August 2015 10:00 AM

I liked Victoria at the end- I liked seeing that being nice to her in ep 1 wasn’t for nought and was kinda able to make up with her. Actually had the irrational thought she was going to get snipered or something when she got up on stage to accept the prize.

Mildish Twin Peaks spoiler:

That scene felt so much like the end of the Miss Twin Peaks pageant, with the winner giving the speech before all hell breaks loose.  With all the Twin Peaks references and influences in this game I was half expecting the exact same thing to happen.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

With the amount of times Chloe has been killed, I can’t help but think it has to happen. I’m hoping not though as the characters have really grown on me in the last few episodes.

I think we’ll go back again to when Warren took that photo mind to warn Chloe and change things. With all the heavy hinting about “abusing her power”, I think Chloe and Max will try and do something, but Max can’t change it. She loses her powers.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2004-02-11

PM

Tad - 08 August 2015 12:54 PM

I think we’ll go back again to when Warren took that photo mind to warn Chloe and change things.

Yeah, I definitely think that part will happen too.

My guess is David will save Chloe from the dark room.  Then she’ll go and find Warren, and go back and save Chloe and find a way to get Jefferson caught.  But then the tornado will come and destroy the town, and it’ll all be for naught.  Then my above prediction happens.

By the way, was anyone else really mad at the alternate timeline Max from the first part of the episode?  If you poked around enough it became clear that Max had basically 100% abandoned her best friend after the accident that left her paralyzed.  And the only reason she even visited Chloe at all was because the other timeline Max jumped into her shoes and made her do it.  Otherwise she’d still be there chilling with the Vortex Club members while Chloe suffered all alone.

Some people have been saying in this thread that they don’t like Chloe much, but for me it’s the other way around.  Love Chloe, but I’m pretty ho-hum on Max.  It’s to this game’s credit though that I still enjoy the game this much with a protagonist I don’t really care for.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Episode 5 (last one) will be out Oct 20th (probably)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/09/21/life-is-strange-episode-5/

Total Posts: 928

Joined 2009-11-10

PM

So I’m now playing episode 4 (seeing that episode 5 was soon going to come) but there’s one thing that really bothers me a lot.

In the alternative timeline, Chloe is in a wheelchair because of the car accident. So Max, comes back and decides not to save William. WTF??? The logical thing would be to go back in time, give a letter to Chloe with instructions to only open it on her birthday and in that letter warn her about the SUV driver (in tried and true Back to the Future fashion)... Heck, she can jump back in time through photos, so she could use one of the thousand of selfies she has and jump in time just before Chloe’s accident to warn her.

I don’t know but before you decide to kill someone (not saving William), you should at least try all the possibilities no?:pan:  Pan  Pan 

I feel that the developers were stuck between a rock and a hard place, either have Max hold the idiot ball and behave very stupidly or chuck out most of the choices the player made. They chose to go with Max being a complete idiot.

Also, another thing that bothers me Why would Alternate Reality Max be hanging out with the Vortex Club and be friend with Victoria… Since she left for Seattle soon after William’s death, it doesn’t seem that any of the events would have affected her personality much and with her personality, there was no way she’d ever fit in the Vortex Club… On the other hand, I’m not mad at Max for not seeing Chloe after the accident… It’s hard and a lot of teenagers can’t do it… At least she sent photos and letters which is better than most people did and she contacted Chloe as soon as she arrived in Blackwell (even if she didn’t come to visit). It’s also the same thing she did when Chloe’s dad died. She was a kid, she’s stronger now.

Total Posts: 2582

Joined 2005-08-12

PM

giom - 19 October 2015 02:00 PM

I feel that the developers were stuck between a rock and a hard place, either have Max hold the idiot ball and behave very stupidly or chuck out most of the choices the player made. They chose to go with Max being a complete idiot.

I think it’s all a lot of timey-wimey course correction stuff.

Basically, whatever Max did, something bad would have happened because the universe (or whatever) demanded it.

(I’m not fond of time travel stories; it never makes any sense and ends up being bad fiction more often than not. I wish Life is Strange had limited Max’s power to fixing-the-last-3-minutes, rather than try to do that unfortunate bit of time travel at the start of episode 4.)

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top