• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Gabrielwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your adventure games collection - with pictures

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

I saw what you did there Zobraks, you rascal. *wink*

My collection in boxes would take at least eleven (doing quick calculating in my head) of her bookcases to display.  I dream of the day of having enough wallspace to display all my games properly.  As it is I have the jewel cases of my favorites lined up double deep filling one bookcase about that size with the rest in cartons along with their boxes carefully flattened.  Some very rare ones are still unopened along with opened duplicates and odly or special shaped ones are carefully put away. 

It would take a long time just to put them all back together in their proper boxes but I look forward to doing it someday when I retire. 

So you see what can happen if you’re badly bitten by the game collecting bug and are at it long enough. Smile

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

I’d take a picture of my collection but it got seriously jumbled up when I moved out of my parent’s house.
Now they’re just a few stacks of CDs amongst stacks of music CDs. I haven’t looked in there for ages (except to take a few titles out that I wanted to replay).
Sadly, I got rid of the boxes, and even though I used to keep the flattened covers of the boxes, I think they got lost in the move as well.

Not that the collection would be that impressive: I never bought any games before the CD-ROM era (too young), and there’s also a lot of non-adventure games in there.
Seeing Fien and Pollo’s collections makes me drool… Grin

Nowadays, a few of my older PC-games are in a shelf of the desk where my PC is (the ones I put on my list of games to (re-)play). All of my DS-games are in a shelf in the bedroom (except for the one or two titles that I’m playing), and the rest are digital downloads.

The only collection I put on display at home is my DVD-collection…

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 4255

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Dara100 - 09 July 2012 12:45 PM

I saw what you did there Zobraks, you rascal. *wink*

Hehe, I knew I couldn’t fool you, Dara.

TimovieMan - 09 July 2012 01:30 PM

Seeing Fien and Pollo’s collections makes me drool… Grin

Hey, you don’t like my Stina’s collection?

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Total Posts: 442

Joined 2006-06-14

PM

Now you’ve all done it! Smile  I want to go home and open my special cartons to see:

Cosmology of Kyoto in it’s lovely red box

The doubly rare Alice: An Interactive Museum in the original shrink wrap which I won on eBay and was delighted to see was shipped from the original distributor! (my SO threw out the shipping box before I could save the label, grr), and the other two copies in opened boxes.

Pilgrim in the special red box

the “theater” box of GK 1 and 2 - or was it Phantasmagoria 1 and 2, I forget

Gk1 trapezoid box

The first edition of Riven with it’s journal that I didn’t want to write in so it’s stuffed with all my notes

Myst Exile with it’s so cute pewter squee

Three Myst books, a fan-made Myst cloth that looks exactly like the ones in the Uru game

The unopened european editions of the Myst games with different contents from the US versions

The cd of the first disk of Buried In Time, signed by all the developers I sent away for because I had one of the first hundred games.

All the tins of games or boxes with cloth maps (I’m a sucker for them) even from action and role playing games like Ultima

Countless other things I’ve since forgotten.  It will be like Christmas!

Total Posts: 514

Joined 2010-08-03

PM

i’m quite a new collector so it’s still pretty small a collection.

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

Same here a new collector but pretty impressed with @zobraks collections!!!

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

Fien - 07 July 2012 10:20 AM

I found it at the old forums! I’m so glad they kept the pics. Smile

Very nice!

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 97

Joined 2011-03-06

PM

PolloDiablo - 09 July 2012 02:24 AM

My collection is nowhere near as awesome as Fien’s.

I don’t know what you’re talking about, you have a very impressive collection as well! Almost as impressive as Stina’s!  Tongue

Currently Playing: The Testament of Sherlock Holmes;
Currently Re-Playing: Culpa Innata

Recently Finished: Secret Files: Puritas Cordis, Art of Murder: Hunt for the Puppeteer, Dear Esther

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

My stash:

I got these pictures from the old forum. My collection has grown a bit since.

Total Posts: 88

Joined 2012-07-10

PM

My modest collection.

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2009-04-08

PM

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

My latest acquisitions, from two sellers. Total price paid, including all shipping etc, less than 100 euro. I think I did pretty well Wink

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 880

Joined 2010-02-15

PM

I remember back in the day, boxart was what got me interested in a game. They were so creative most of the time. Now they follow the same style across most/all games. Only way you would be interested in a game is either by ‘name’ or understanding of it through the internet. lol

Stuart Bradley Newsom - Naughty Shinobi || Our Game: Shadow Over Isolation

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

If you wondered, what “Advie’s collection” might look like Grin:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

hehe , from where you got that Tongue

luv ya Porthos!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top