• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

IronCretinJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Your adventure games collection - with pictures

Total Posts: 946

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Yep. And the trapezoid version of Gabriel Knight 1. Smile

Now playing: ——-
Recently finished: don’t remember
Up next:  Eh…
Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 42

Joined 2004-07-06

PM

Sweet.

Total Posts: 132

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

That’s a great collection - just wish I could see a few of the titles more clearly - Youtube tour of the room maybe? Tongue

Only thing that confused me was having ‘Blue Heat’ on the top shelf along with the super-rare versions of classics like GK and DotT

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

OneFlesh - 08 July 2012 04:00 AM

That’s a great collection - just wish I could see a few of the titles more clearly - Youtube tour of the room maybe? Tongue

Only thing that confused me was having ‘Blue Heat’ on the top shelf along with the super-rare versions of classics like GK and DotT

Heh. What’s wrong with Blue Heat? I liked it and there are only rare adventures on the top of my bookcases. Blue Heat was extremely rare for a long time.

I’m reposting the list of the boxed games in the pic, posted in 2010. I have added lots of DVD-cases since, some small boxes and lots of download games, but only one boxed adventure: Starship Titanic.

Top:
GK1 - Neverhood - Hamlet - Blue Heat - DOTT - 3 Skulls of the Toltecs - Vampire Diaries - Orion Burger

Top shelves, left to right:
Ace Ventura - Amber - Backpacker - Bad Day on the Midway - Big Red Adventure - Black Dahlia - Blackstone Chronicles - Beneath a Steel Sky - Broken Sword 1 - Bureau 13 - Callahan’s Crosstime Saloon - Ceremony of Innocence - Chaos: A Fantasy Adventure - Chewy: Escape from F5 - Clandestiny - Comer - Congo: Descent into Zinj - Conspiracy/KGB - Daedalus Encounter - The Dame Was Loaded - The Dark Eye - Discworld 2 - Discworld 1 - Duckman - Down Under Dan - Eastern Mind: The Lost Souls of Tong Nou - Eve (Peter Gabriel) - Fascination - Feeble Files - Freddy Pharkas - Gadget (original) - Gadget (edited rerelease) - GAG - Gene Machine - Ghosts

Shelves second from top:
Gothos - Grim Fandango - Guilty - Heart of China - Hopkins FBI - Indiana Jones double pack - I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream - Koala Lumpur: Journey to the Edge - Journeyman Project 3: The Legacy - Karma (non-adventure) - Kyrandia Collection - Blade Runner - Liath - Last Express (rerelease) - Little Prince - Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Rose Tattoo - Lost Files of Sherlock Holmes: The Case of the Serrated Scalpel - Lure of the Temptress - Milo - Mirage - Mission Critical - Mode - Monkey Island double pack - Monet: The Mystery of the Orangery - Night Cafe - The Last Express (original) - Nightlong - Noctropolis - Noir: A Shadowy Thriller - Normality - Obsidian - Pagemaster - Pandora’s Box (non-adventure) - Paparazzi - Philip Marlowe: Private Eye

Next shelf:
Pilgrim - Psychic Detective - Quest for Glory Anthology - The Quivering - Rama - Reah - Rent A Hero - Riddle of Master Lu - Ripper - Riven - Roberta Williams Anthology - Safecracker 1 - SFPD Homicide: The Body in the Bay - Shannara - The Space Bar - Stupid Invaders

And the shelf below that:
Synnergist - Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive - Tex Murphy: Under A Killing Moon - Tex Murphy: Overseer - Temujin - The Time Trap - Toonstruck - Touche: The Adventures of the Fifth Musketeer - UFOs - The Unexplained (non-adventure) - Voyeur 1 - Woodruff and the Schnibble of Azimuth - Loom - Zeddas: Servant of Sheol - Myst 10th Anniversary Collection - In the 1st Degree - Byzantine Betrayal

Text adventures, bottom right:Wonderland - Wishbringer - The Lost Files of Infocom 1 + 2 - Trinity

And of course all the small boxes, DVD-cases, jewel-cases, books, guides, manuals. Plus many invisible downloads. 

Looking forward to:
Ithaka of the Clouds; The Last Crown; all the kickstarter adventure games I supported

Total Posts: 990

Joined 2009-05-08

PM

So… Does anyone have any cool adventure game related paraphernalia? I have a few Gabe Knight novels, a few Sierra hint books and some Sam n’ Max comics. Nothing too special.

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Fien - 08 July 2012 06:34 AM

Heh. What’s wrong with Blue Heat? I liked it and there are only rare adventures on the top of my bookcases. Blue Heat was extremely rare for a long time.

I think it’s more the fact that a very lowly beginning collector like me picked up a copy for a very reasonable price; I can’t imagine how much I’d have to pay to get something like ‘Orion Burger’ (and I’ve never even seen that amazing Gabriel Knight box!)

Big thanks for the full list - I didn’t even know some of those games had big box releases (super impressed by ‘Down Under Dan’, ‘Congo’ and a few others) Add a few more Sierra games and it’s basically my dream collection Grin Hope to get to that point somewhere, but at the moment I don’t even have shelves to put them on!

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I also have a couple of posters and memorabilia which I treasure. Postcards of the Neverhood and Obsidian. Monkey Island coasters. A small metal “plaque”, the size of a business card, in honor of the 5th anniversary party of Infocom.

OneFlesh - 08 July 2012 09:11 AM

I think it’s more the fact that a very lowly beginning collector like me picked up a copy for a very reasonable price; I can’t imagine how much I’d have to pay to get something like ‘Orion Burger’ (and I’ve never even seen that amazing Gabriel Knight box!)

The triangular DOTT cost me 95 bucks, brand new and shrinkwrapped. A very reasonable price, even back then. I don’t remember what I paid for Orion Burger and GK1, probably not as much as you think. I was also lucky on ebay more than once.

Big thanks for the full list - I didn’t even know some of those games had big box releases (super impressed by ‘Down Under Dan’, ‘Congo’ and a few others) Add a few more Sierra games and it’s basically my dream collection Grin Hope to get to that point somewhere, but at the moment I don’t even have shelves to put them on!

Down Under Dan is another game that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, just like the boxed version of Blue Heat. The few copies of BH offered on ebay were always unboxed. Someone must have discovered piles of unsold games in the old abandoned warehouse. Same thing happened with Liath and Reah.

I used to own all Sierra’s Quest adventures: KQ, SQ, PQ, plus all the Larry games. But they lost their magic for me. I will never replay them. Funny thing is, I loved the fan remakes of KQ2 and KQ3.

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

My collection is nowhere near as awesome as Fien’s. Mainly because I am not prepared to pay lots of money for rare games, although I am slowly increasing the maximum amount I am willing to offer… so who knows, I could be a ‘proper’ collector in a few years Grin (another reason is I had to throw away a lot of boxes that got badly damaged with water and mould during storage).

PC/Windows/DOS

Top shelf is just boxes I like for some reason, or that won’t fit onto the shelves properly, not anything rare or special. There’s a bunch of RPG’s in there too, not just adventure games.

Consoles

I have a couple of games that have been signed (either the box or the manual) e.g. Broken Sword, Gabriel Knight, Barrow Hill, Perry Rhodan, Scratches and Jack the Ripper. There’s a Myst mug in the console cupboard and I have a couple of hintbooks and t-shirts but other than that, no memorabilia.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

Oh wow! You are already a proper collector, Pollo. (Not me, not anymore.)
How do you prevent the boxes on the top from falling down? Smile

Looking forward to:

Total Posts: 4249

Joined 2005-04-14

PM

Fien - 09 July 2012 04:25 AM

Super glue.

P.S. I just noticed your new signature - wow!

Everybody wants to be Cary Grant.
Even Me.

-Cary Grant

Joined 2005-06-02

PM

I came across those lines in the old forums, where I was looking for my pic in the “bragging” thread. It seemed appropriate. Smile And funny, coming from someone who brags a lot. Not about his collection though. Grin But it’s a temporary sig.

Looking forward to:

Joined 2007-02-10

PM

Cool picture Pollo - I’m pretty stingy with my purchases as well (except for a few games I’ve got fond childhood memories of - mostly old Sierras).  And you’ve got a few on my want list (can’t find a Willy Beamish complete with stickers anywhere in my country).

As my collection’s still shy of 50 games I’ve just got them stacked up in piles - once I hit the 50 mark I’ll need to work out where I can fit shelves in my one-room apartment!

Total Posts: 405

Joined 2006-04-21

PM

All mine are in a big box, and just a few under my desk. The only memorabilia I have is what came with the games, except for a couple of novels.

The real problem with reality is the lack of background music.

Knightette of the Order of the Caption

Music is what feelings sound like…

Total Posts: 98

Joined 2004-02-16

PM

Fien - 09 July 2012 04:25 AM

Gravity Wink Can’t pick up Vortex, for instance without having to move at least five other games first.

Madre de Dios, es el Pollo Diablo!

Total Posts: 236

Joined 2006-10-06

PM

Really impressive collections, guys! They certainly put my pitiful collection to shame! I only keep/hoard games that I think are worth keeping and are my favorites. Smile

As for memorabilia, I’ve only got two Monkey Island posters, the GK2 soundtrack, the two Gabriel Knight novels, a Simon the Sorcerer II hint book, the Broken Sword 1 and Beneath a Steel Sky comics signed by Dave Gibbons, and the Sam & Max Surfin’ the Highway comic.

I guess my Max tattoo counts too… Tongue

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top