• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

luckyloserTheTMDwalas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Any Developers here? Hobby project for space quest in 3d.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-07-26

PM

I am a professional game developer (ubisoft) and wanted to work on a hobby project to remake some of the old classics we all used to play. I started modeling a few things and coding some stuff up in unity and its been real fun so far but was wondering if there was any interest here from people willing to help out. The platform as of now is Unity and for art im using 3ds max and photoshop.

A Work in progress of roger wilcos time pod is SQ4

And a really early shot of the unity layout with the first screen from SQ1 (Im combining the EGA and VGA art for visual interest.

Let me know!

Steve

Total Posts: 974

Joined 2007-02-23

PM

Hi Steve, I would love to hear more about your ideas for the project if you wouldn’t mind sharing? Also, what expertise would you be in need of, seeing as you seem to both have art and coding down yourself :-)

Joined 2014-07-26

PM

Basically before I got a job in the game industry, I started out with a program called AGI studio which allowed you to make the adventure games in the old sierra style. It was a fun hobby that taught me programming and game design. I still have a passion for these games and would like to do that again, but this time updated graphics into 3d etc. I figured i would start with my favorite series.

I am really in need of character artists and music, but fx artists, environment artists and programmers would also be of great help to get this finished in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks,

Steve

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I could always give a hand on the modeling side, if you don’t have any huge deadlines on this, as I’ve been a bit busy with my own little Sierra related project: http://www.adventuregamers.com/forums/viewthread/3894/

Joined 2014-07-26

PM

Small update. I added more art, got a character in game then can point and click move around. Look icon works, as well as opening the janitor closet doors with the hand icon lol.

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Very cool to see an Ubisoft dev here. This is a great little side project man, love seeing it as I grew up with this style of game, grew up with Space Quest etc…nothing excites me like seeing adventure games coming back, plus old school type games getting new adventures like Might and Magic X. Were you a part of that in any shape or form?

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top