• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Sir Reginald, my old AGS adventure game

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Ask and you’ll receive. I managed to, after some errors, compile a version of the game in newer version of AGS. I didn’t try to play it through, but it does seem to run better now. I also removed the plot essentila items from the inventory, so you’ll have to solve the puzzles now. I don’t guarantee that it is possible in this version though, as the the new AGS might have broken some things.

Notice, that the graphics are in much more higher resolution as well. And there’s music.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25945454/reginald.zip

And the old version just for the heck of it:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25945454/reginaldold.zip

____old____
Years ago, in 2002 to be more exact, I was in the midst of making my own adventure game with AGS. I actually got pretty far, so far, that I did make a fully playable version of it back then.

And now I happened to find a compiled version of it. It has been made with a pretty old AGS version, but I tested it on Windows 8 machine and it should work, though the config will most likely not. I’d say the game was in alpha/early beta stage when I forgot about it, so who knows, maybe I’ll even do a proper version of it someday, with shinier graphics.

The plot is pretty simple. An relic is stolen from a monestary and the king sends Sir Reginald to get it back.

Notes: The map screen seems to be bugged. You don’t see the character, but it should take only a second or a couple for the screen to change. Navigation is a bit difficult at places though.

There’s a lot of typos in the text, so don’t let that bother you.

There’s a couple of plot essential items in the inventory, which you can also get through puzzles. Speaking of puzzles, make sure to speak to everyone. That is important.

The graphics were done in time I didn’t have a tablet, so they’re pretty raw in many places.

So, without any further ado, here’s a link. Enjoy, or don’t.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/25945454/reginald.zip

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

It doesn’t work on my windows 7 computer. but, it sounds fun.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

Try to run it under a compatibility mode, that could help. Pretty funny though, if it doesn’t work under Win7, considering that people usually think Win8 has a poorer compatibility with old games Grin

Though I was surprised it actually did work without any need to use compatibility mode when I ran it.

I did manage to find the source files as well, I’ll have to see if I can get a newer version of AGS to play nice with them.

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-07-11

PM

I tested in W8x64 worker, only had to use setup to change the resolution since 320x200 was not possible.

I walked around, I like the characters better than the backgroundp, having more resolution than the characters can be a problem I think.

hehehehe, Didn’t play long just saw every place, wish I could something like that.

Total Posts: 143

Joined 2013-12-19

PM

What should I put in the Setup file to fix the resolution issue? I’m having the same ‘can’t set resolution’ error.

Adventure Gamer Since 1992

Total Posts: 179

Joined 2004-01-25

PM

For me, it gives me screen until I tab out and back in, and then the cursor is stuck along the bottom row of pixels and can’t click on any of the menu items.

Recompile it with the latest version of AGS for us, and post again Smile

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I managed to make a new build on new version of AGS. The setup should work now, but I made it run in windowed mode by default just in case.

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

If you downloaded the previous new version, please download a new version again, as I did a quick play through and the game has one bug that prevents the completion of it. I just gave you the inventory item need to complete the game.

It’s the same link in the first post.

I noted some other glitches in the game as well, nothing major or game breaking though. I.e. inventory objects won’t disappear when they’re supposed to and some buttons also show the script text, but all in all, it should be fully playable from start to finish.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top