• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Jdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

New Simon the Sorcerer!

Total Posts: 1

Joined 2014-04-19

PM

SimoN The SorceRer II - one of the best (imo)

Great news that you do it in 2D/2.5D!! That pleases me. I have great memories of simon the sorcerer 2 especially and I hope it will be an amazing experience when released.

Good luck with the project! Smile

/Peter

Total Posts: 117

Joined 2013-08-31

PM

Excellent news, looking forward to it.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

As a big fan of the first two games (and one of those that calls 3D well underrated), I’m really excited about this. Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

Shnubble - 15 July 2014 01:35 PM

Color me curious!

Any more information about your track record and more pictures?
How long have you been working on this and when will we see first screenshots?
Release?

So far the announcement seems quite understated, to be honest.

Hello Shnubble of course there is more information, we have been discussing the agreement with the IP Owners since December 2013 and we began development two and a half months ago. The process have been really good so far and you can follow us through the links down here in my signature. Thank you very much for your interest in the new “Simon the Sorcerer” game Cool  Grin
We began spreading the news just over a month ago and expect to have plenty of fans following us soon enough in order to support the game.

Once again thank you for your interest.

Simon (the Sorcerer) would really appreciate your support regarding his new upcoming adventure!
Go to www.storybeasts.com for new updates screnshots and Developer’s Blog.
Also follow us at @storybeasts

Total Posts: 1289

Joined 2012-07-15

PM

*New Simon the Sorcerer

*The game is returning to its 2D roots

*Dry British humour instead of the German ...wit(?)

*Chris Barrie back on board to voice Simon!!!

Fantastic news, Simon 1&2 are among my favourite games of all time! On paper this looks like a recipe for success. I’ve learned to moderate my expectations when it comes to returning AG francises (or modern Ag’s in general), but judging by the posts from the devs, it seems Simon is back in the right hands. I think I’m gonna allow myself to be optimistic about this one Tongue Looking forward to follow the progress. It’s also very nice to see the franchise revived without the need to seek public funding. And Chris Barrie back as Simon…!! AWESOME! Grin

This announcement really made my day Smile Best of luck with the development!

Duckman: Can you believe it? Five hundred bucks for a parking ticket?
Cornfed Pig: You parked in a handicapped zone.
Duckman: Who cares? Nobody parks there anyway, except for the people who are supposed to park there and, hell, I can outrun them anytime.

Total Posts: 25

Joined 2013-05-13

PM

Just to add to what Destrozates said, Shnubble, we’re a mix of recent graduates from game institutes based in Dublin with more experienced developers from other companies, like Greenheart Games and SFB games.
So although for many in the team this is our first big endeavour in adventures(which I suppose is a reason enough for you guys to be optimistically cautious Wink ), we’re passionate about the genre, the series and I believe we have a lot of talent.

More importantly, we’re trying a different approach to development, by sharing with you early on how things are going as we make them and gauging your feedback.  Maybe this is why you feel is understated? We’re not close to releasing a game. We’ve done quite a bit of production but still have a long way ahead of us.
Don’t worry though, we’re committing to update our blog often and you’ll be seeing more art, screenshot and some of the beautiful soundtrack we have soon enough.

EDIT: And, again, we’re working with AdventureSoft. So hopefully that’ll make a big difference too.

Simon (the Sorcerer) doesn’t appreciate that you’re not following the news of his upcoming adventure!
http://www.storybeasts.com is the place to go for updates and such.

Total Posts: 2063

Joined 2013-08-25

PM

StoryBeast Dave - 15 July 2014 11:42 AM

we can announce that the Woodroffes are overseeing everything to make sure it’s as close to the spirit of the earlier games as we can get without smearing some Vaseline on the screen and re-releasing it with a fancy title (hell, we’ve even gone so far as to get Chris Barrie back on board to voice Simon).

WrongTarget - 15 July 2014 05:42 PM

And, again, we’re working with AdventureSoft. So hopefully that’ll make a big difference too.

The Woodroffes and Chris Barrie - this is everything I could dream of Smile Thank you, guys, keep on bringing Simon back!

PC means personal computer

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

What Darkeye said…...

yes, I think Simon 1 started my love of adventure games. I am so excited about this, I am doing a happy dance.  please keep us informed. whoooo hooooo.

Total Posts: 3

Joined 2013-05-29

PM

mbday630 - 15 July 2014 06:30 PM

What Darkeye saig…...

yes, I think Simon 1 started my love of adventure games. I am so excited about this, I am doing a happy dance.  please keep us informed. whoooo hooooo.

mbday630 the best way to keep you updated is to visit our website and sign up into our forums (look at my signature). We will be updating the forums and the site as well with new content coming from our development process.

Fresh from the oven Wink

Simon (the Sorcerer) would really appreciate your support regarding his new upcoming adventure!
Go to www.storybeasts.com for new updates screnshots and Developer’s Blog.
Also follow us at @storybeasts

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

Destrozates, I have tried signing into your forum but those codes that you have to put in (I can’t remember the name for them -chatchit????) or whatever keeps telling me that I have the wrong code.  Why can’t you put something simple on them?

Total Posts: 182

Joined 2012-01-08

PM

Thank you for the information!
How did the project and connection to Adventure Soft come to be, if I may ask?
How did you convince the Woodroffes you were the right team to bring Simon back?
Sorry if it was mentioned in the blog already, I just skimmed the entries.
I’m really looking forward to the first screenshots, right now I don’t know what to think yet.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-07-15

PM

mbday630 - 15 July 2014 07:37 PM

Destrozates, I have tried signing into your forum but those codes that you have to put in (I can’t remember the name for them -chatchit????) or whatever keeps telling me that I have the wrong code.  Why can’t you put something simple on them?

Thanks for letting us know mbday630, we don’t really know the reason why this is happening to you but in the meantime we are disabling the “Captcha” while we look into it.

Try to join our forum again.

Join our forums http://www.storybeasts.com/forum
Follow us @storybeasts

Total Posts: 9

Joined 2014-07-11

PM

Hi guys, I love adventure games ever since I was a little boy.

I started back 1986 and I was only 6 years old.

So, I registered a couple of days ago becuase I love this website. But my first message I am gonna use it to this thread.

I love Simon The Sorcerer, is one of my most beloved AG ever.

Growing with Simon, the ending of the second game was like the worst clifhanger of my life, I waited so patiently for the third game, just to be witness to my worst Nightmare.

The game lost it’s 2D charm for this 3D horrible system, I could never get past that.

So now, after almost 20 years I find this,a New Simon The Sorcerer game, going back to it’s roots and I think I want to cry of joy.

However my suggestion if I may and I may be in the minority here, will actually to scrap games 3,4 and 5, because they don’t deserve to be Simon games.

I would love to see this game pick where the second one left or at least explaine what happened there.

I know there is some kind of explanation in the third game, but honest to God, to me Simon 3,4 and 5, dont deserve to exist.

I am a Spanish speaking guy so I will more than love to help you guys localize the game if you need to and or help in any way.

Wish you guys the best of luck, and I really hope you guys bring the real Simon back.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-07-15

PM

AlbertX - 16 July 2014 07:56 AM

I love Simon The Sorcerer, is one of my most beloved AG ever.

Growing with Simon, the ending of the second game was like the worst cliffhanger of my life, I waited so patiently for the third game, just to be witness to my worst Nightmare.

So now, after almost 20 years I find this,a New Simon The Sorcerer game, going back to it’s roots and I think I want to cry of joy.

However my suggestion if I may and I may be in the minority here, will actually to scrap games 3,4 and 5, because they don’t deserve to be Simon games.

I am a Spanish speaking guy so I will more than love to help you guys localize the game if you need to and or help in any way.

Wish you guys the best of luck, and I really hope you guys bring the real Simon back.

Hello Albertx, we’re more than happy to give you this great news about a new StS game.

We would like to hear more of your suggestions, join our forums

Join our forums http://www.storybeasts.com/forum
Follow us @storybeasts

Total Posts: 200

Joined 2006-05-29

PM

I’ve said it before, but the specific tone of humour was everything in the Simon games.  The Woodroffe’s obviously had a deep love and appreciation of British comedy - the fantasy world setting was largely a convenient framework on which to hang the jokes - something that the German-made sequels horribly misjudged/misunderstood, leaving us with a purely cosmetic version of the ‘franchise’, with no actual substance.

Though it may seem otherwise to the casual observer, there was usually more to Simon’s comedy than ‘olde worlde fairytale character given an unlikely modern twist’.  If nothing else, the later instalments proved that adhering to that formula alone, isn’t enough.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top