• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Hollywood Monsters

Total Posts: 10

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

Does anyone now how can i play this in english? I have the retail version of the game, but the english patch doesn’t work with it properly. The texts are fine, but the sounds go nuts. I heard that the patch only works well with the downloadable version of the game, but i can’t find it anywhere. Only in a spanish site, but i can’t buy it, because i don’t understand any of it. And also i don’t have a credit card.

Total Posts: 415

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

I will have to play mine again to be sure, but, I think the English patch just gives you the subtitles in English and not the voice.  so, if you turn off the sound and make sure you check the text box, the game is playable.

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

mbday630 - 26 June 2014 07:07 AM

I will have to play mine again to be sure, but, I think the English patch just gives you the subtitles in English and not the voice.  so, if you turn off the sound and make sure you check the text box, the game is playable.

My problem is not that the voice remains spanish. My problem is that the voices just sounds horrible when i install the patch. And i don’t want to play without voice acting.

I use Windows 7 64 by the way.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

that is what I mean - There are no English voices or voice acting. you have to read it if you want to know what they are saying.  It is all in Spanish, but, with the patch there are English subtitles.

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

mbday630 - 26 June 2014 09:46 AM

that is what I mean - There are no English voices or voice acting. you have to read it if you want to know what they are saying.  It is all in Spanish, but, with the patch there are English subtitles.

You don’t understand. The voice is not spanish with the patch! It’s just noise!

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

I found the patch for the retail version, but the problem is still there! The voices are just noise! Even with the crack.

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

hmmm. That’s funny. When I put in the patch, it said that it wouldn’t have voice, just English subtitles. I never found a patch that had English voices too.

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

But i don’t want english voices! I just want the original spanish voices with english subtitles!

Joined 2007-12-29

PM

when you said “Only in a spanish site, but i can’t buy it, because i don’t understand any of it,” I assumed you couldn’t speak Spanish, so why do you want the Spanish voices?  From what I understand, the English patch just puts in subtitles (unless they came out with a new patch) and so unless you want to hear some Spanish speaking (I don’t, as I don’t understand it) just put on the subtitles and you can play the game.  Maybe I am missing what you are trying to say.

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

Is it that strange that i want voice acting too? It’s like watching a subtitled movie without sound. It sucks.

Total Posts: 12

Joined 2006-09-05

PM

It makes Perfect sense that you want to have voice, and not just the text.

I have the game running normal, with the English text patch.
Got the game downloaded,from the FX Interactive store,  when it was offered for free.
Right now it cost 2.49€, which it is worth.
If you dont understand Spanish, perhaps, you can use Google Chrome With translator enabled?

Total Posts: 5813

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

Hi bbakonyi, I understand that what you’re saying is that you have the disc version of the game that is voiced in Spanish & just want to listen to the voice-acting with English subtitles to translate You have the patch that should enable that but in your case you’re just experiencing a noise. From what I’ve gleaned the patch should work with the disc version of the game to give you full audible voice-acting + English subtitles. Does the game play properly with Spanish voicing without the patch? What I’m thinking is that the game was released in 1997? & there are not so many games made for XP or earlier that are compatible with Win 7 (64 bit) & that may be the problem.    Smile

It seems like the download version may address the compatibility issues?

Total Posts: 930

Joined 2004-01-06

PM

I think Chrissie is on the right track and there is a problem with the patched game and 64-bit Windows 7—or at least with the patched game and 64-bit Windows 7 audio drivers.

If you have a Windows 95 or 98 CD, you could try setting up Windows 95 or 98 inside Virtual PC 2007 and running the game inside Virtual PC. There are instructions for setting up Virtual PC with Windows 98 on the Metzomagic website.

I don’t know if it’s worth the trouble to set up Virtual PC just for one game. I have more than one old Windows 95/98 game that doesn’t work well in 64-bit Windows 7, so it was worthwhile for me to set it up.

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

Without the patch the voice is perfect. I tried with Scummvm too, but it freezes instantly. I guess i will play with something else. But thanks for the tips!

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

I found out that it is actually in italian, not in spanish. Maybe that’s why it doesn’t work. Can anyone give me a download link for the spanish version? I know about the FX site, but i don’t have a credit card anymore. In other case i would buy it.

Joined 2014-06-26

PM

Well, i found this [LINK REMOVED]. After using a crack, the inventory and the menus are still in spanish, but the dialogs are in english now. So it’s okay i guess.

Mod Edit: Please do not link to illegal downloads, thanks.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Hint Requests & Technical Problems → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top