• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

DaleJdawg445

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 1350

Joined 2009-04-28

PM

OK, not too much to go on but here are some initial suggestions:

1. New girlfriend trying to move some of her stuff in by stealth? Wink

2. Does your garage have a chimney? If so and you’ve seen any confused looking overweight pensioners wearing red around the place then it could be training for the annual reverse burglary festival that happens towards the end of December.

3. Have you found traces of soap on the key recently and are you in the habit of leaving bags of plaster of Paris near your sink?

4. Did you ask for a new dining room for your birthday and could a friend or relative have become confused?

3.5 time winner of the “Really Annoying Caption Contest Saboteur” Award!

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Or your key isn’t as unique as it should be, and a neighbour simply opened the wrong garage box to store his stuff.

Or somebody is “gaslighting” you (and isn’t very subtle about it).

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Intense Degree - 30 September 2015 05:41 AM

2. Does your garage have a chimney? If so and you’ve seen any confused looking overweight pensioners wearing red around the place then it could be training for the annual reverse burglary festival that happens towards the end of December.

3. Have you found traces of soap on the key recently and are you in the habit of leaving bags of plaster of Paris near your sink?

4. Did you ask for a new dining room for your birthday and could a friend or relative have become confused?

1. Lol, I’m married. The situation actually led to a hilarious dialogue with my wife when I got home. “Why did you bought some new chairs?” “No, why did YOU bought some chairs?” - which led to a panic face in my wife.

2. No chimney, no other entrance. (Although plenty of overweight pensioners around Smile )

3. No, and before anyone asks I didn’t have a key on the inside and there is no room for putting newspaper under the door.

4. Relatives was my first thought but nobody has the key and we don’t need chairs at all! Smile

TimovieMan - 30 September 2015 06:31 AM

Or your key isn’t as unique as it should be, and a neighbour simply opened the wrong garage box to store his stuff.

Or somebody is “gaslighting” you (and isn’t very subtle about it).

I’m thinking a confused neighbour relative or something. But them actually opening the door is so weird, maybe I left it open or the key is really not unique.
Sent an email to the condo to try to get some answers.

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

TimovieMan - 30 September 2015 06:31 AM

That was also my first thought.
I wish I could come up with a more fanciful and funny explanation, but it does sound like the most likely explanation.

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Intense Degree - 30 September 2015 05:41 AM

Very nice and funny suggestions Smile concerning 3, Can you really open a door with plaster? Does the plaster not break while turning it?

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

SoccerDude28 - 30 September 2015 05:40 PM

Very nice and funny suggestions Smile concerning 3, Can you really open a door with plaster? Does the plaster not break while turning it?

Nonono, Soccerman, the plaster is for making the mold. Then you pour in molten metal, for instance from metal objects you find. It’s a real complicated proces, even making a fire is not as easy as it sounds. You really should play more adventure games!  Tongue

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Mistery solved, there’s a coffee shop in the building and they also have a garage space (didn’t know that), a confused employee mistook the garage door indications and coincidentally the lock are key are not unique…

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

On a brighter note, you now have access to free coffee. Heh.

A few weeks ago, Tim was talking about his new job (how’s that going by the way?). But it got me thinking, I’ve been itching to change career for quite some time now, and as works doing a good job of motivating me out of there, I’m really tempted to go back into education and go for it. I doubt I’ll get another chance at this like now, so why not eh?

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 02 October 2015 04:20 PM

A few weeks ago, Tim was talking about his new job (how’s that going by the way?).

I haven’t started yet. Quitting a job you worked at for ten years means you have three months of notice to give. I got an agreement to leave sooner, provided that they found a replacement and he/she was taught all the necessary stuff, but after a month and a half there’s still no replacement in sight, so I fear I still have a month and a half to go…
I’ll be glad to get out - I’m really looking forward to the new job…

But it got me thinking, I’ve been itching to change career for quite some time now, and as works doing a good job of motivating me out of there, I’m really tempted to go back into education and go for it. I doubt I’ll get another chance at this like now, so why not eh?

Go for it, methinks! Thumbs Up

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Ouch, three months! Is your new work place okay with that?

Yeah, you got me thinking really. The job I have now is nothing special, but moving out of it is proving harder then I thought. At least if I go back into education, I’ll increase my prospective and well, the way qualifications seem to work here is a bit weird. Seems regardless of if you’re qualified in that field or not for a job you’re going for, they’ll take you proving you have a degree. It’s completely backwards, I know, but it’s the way it is it seems.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Tad - 02 October 2015 05:06 PM

Ouch, three months! Is your new work place okay with that?

They knew. But like me, they hoped it’d be less, no doubt…

Total Posts: 3933

Joined 2011-03-14

PM

Today is my grandmother’s 100 year birthday!

And only a few weeks ago she became a great-great-grandmother!

You have to play the game, to find out why you are playing the game! - eXistenZ

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Iznogood - 15 October 2015 11:22 AM

Today is my grandmother’s 100 year birthday!

And only a few weeks ago she became a great-great-grandmother!

Congratulations Iznogood!

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

It’s Back to the Future Day! The day Marty McFly went to in the second film. Cool

So…

Where are our flying cars, hoverboards, instant-microwaves, accurate-to-the-second weather reports, self-lacing shoes, etc.??? Tongue

Total Posts: 23

Joined 2015-10-11

PM

You can get the shoes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nike_Mag

And Lexus made a hoverboard. http://www.lexus-int.com/amazinginmotion/slide/

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top