• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

AnimeAdam

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 6584

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Some amazing historical photos here. The “Grotto in an iceberg” one reminded me of Fate of Atlantis:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Those photos are amazing, Diego!

Carpe chocolate.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Got a mail at work this morning from our company’s co-CEO. I am already planning to fail to comply.

As of now, we’re supposed to answer our phone within maximum three rings. Crazy

When I’m talking to someone, I’m not asking them to hold to answer my phone, I’ll let it ring a few times more. When I’m in the middle of a calculation, or some input, I am still going to finish first and then answer my phone. If that’s after five rings, it’s after five rings. And when I’m standing a few feet from my desk (like at the copier, or looking something up in the archives), I’m not rushing back to my desk.
I mean, who enforces this?

We’re also supposed to answer our phone with a standardized greeting. I edited the names and translated the Dutch part in English here, but the mail said we were supposed to answer with: ”[Company name], good morning, bonjour, [name of the manager that sent the mail] speaking.” Shifty Eyed

I am sitting very close to (and definitely within earshot of) four of the company’s managers (which is half of the entire management). I very much intend to answer my phone this afternoon with “[Company name], good morning, bonjour, [name of the manager that sent the mail] speaking.” Cool
Hopefully I get to do it when one or both of the co-CEO’s are close-by as well.
Otherwise, I’ll continue with just greeting with my first name. I never get any calls from customers who just want to talk to someone/anyone that works here anyway. I only get calls from people who specifically want to speak to me. I need no standardized greeting.

And I refuse to abide by childish rules.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hahaha, managers… You never know what they will think of next. They’re an unlimited source for birthday and other party conversations Grin

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Today I went to FaceBook (which I have since april 3th, 2013) to tell my 11 friends there that I will quit using FB on Jan 1st, 2015 because of its new draconian terms of use. That means I will spend more time here! I hope you all like that and I hope some of my friends there will follow me Smile.

Total Posts: 317

Joined 2008-07-14

PM

My New Year’s resolution after reading tsa’s post is to visit here in chit chat more often. <3

Favorite Adventure Games-Lost Crown, Longest Journey, Dark Fall 1&2, Barrow Hill, Black Mirror, Blackwell games, Riven, Myst
Favorite Other Games-Kings Bounty, FTL
Currently Playing-Barrow Hill:The Dark Path
Looking Forward To-Last Crown/Braken Tor

Total Posts: 7432

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

TimovieMan - 22 December 2014 06:44 AM

We’re also supposed to answer our phone with a standardized greeting. I edited the names and translated the Dutch part in English here, but the mail said we were supposed to answer with: ”[Company name], good morning, bonjour, [name of the manager that sent the mail] speaking.” Shifty Eyed

I would be very surprised if anybody has the right to force you to use their name when answering the phone. I think that’s illegal.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

tsa - 30 December 2014 04:07 PM

Today I went to FaceBook (which I have since april 3th, 2013) to tell my 11 friends there that I will quit using FB on Jan 1st, 2015 because of its new draconian terms of use. That means I will spend more time here! I hope you all like that and I hope some of my friends there will follow me Smile.

I barely use facebook anymore because of their shady privacy practices. The only reason I go on it is because my old co-workers only talk to me on facebook if we are going to hang out or something. What happened to good old email?

Edit: By the way Tsa, what is in their new terms of use? I didn’t get an email from them about that.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Fantasysci5 - 30 December 2014 10:31 PM

My New Year’s resolution after reading tsa’s post is to visit here in chit chat more often. <3

That’s great Fantasie, thanks!

I hope Jelena follows your example and goes adventuring again Smile.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Sure tsa! I’ll visit here on a more regular basis.
Anything for you dear friend! Smile

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

tsa - 30 December 2014 04:07 PM

What are the new policies???

Anyway, Happy New year to all of you!

Have fun , Party and whatever you want to do Grin

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Happy New Year, everyone!!!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Happy new year everyone!!
I hope the new year brings you all the happiness, good health and all your wishes come true.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Hurray! Happy new year! Let’s hope it will be a good one with less violence and more fun.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Jelena - 31 December 2014 11:20 AM

Sure tsa! I’ll visit here on a more regular basis.
Anything for you dear friend! Smile

That’s very sweet of you, thank you!

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top