• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Anything Goes.

Total Posts: 360

Joined 2006-01-12

PM

Woohoo, great news! Congrats to you and your wife TimovieMan!

Lazy Bee
Temporary guest in your life.

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Jelena - 12 September 2014 12:50 PM

Woohoo, great news! Congrats to you and your wife TimovieMan!

Thank you!

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 2704

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

In a couple of hours, I will be heading for Paris Smile I will post some pictures of my adventures there. Any suggestions of some places to visit, or some good restaurants/patisseries to eat at?

Total Posts: 1813

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 September 2014 03:28 PM

In a couple of hours, I will be heading for Paris Smile I will post some pictures of my adventures there. Any suggestions of some places to visit, or some good restaurants/patisseries to eat at?

Stay away from clowns stealing briefcases.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Total Posts: 5569

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

TimovieMan - 09 September 2014 12:14 PM

In March 2015 TimovieMan is going to be a TimovieDad again. In other words: little Zoë is going to be a big sis. Cool

That’s wonderful news, Timo!  Here’s wishing your wife an easy pregnancy!

Carpe chocolate.

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Lady Kestrel - 14 September 2014 04:54 PM

That’s wonderful news, Timo!  Here’s wishing your wife an easy pregnancy!

Thanks! So far so good, btw, similar to the first pregnancy - and seeing how we’ve just entered the second trimester, things should be spiffy for a couple more months… Cool

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

SoccerDude28 - 14 September 2014 03:28 PM

Just wanted to say, if you do go to Louvre, go there either at opening time or… IIRC after 2pm (but I might be a little off there, the opening is the safest bet). Almost no lines, at least when I was there (worst lines are between 11-13). And bring good walking shoes Wink

I liked the Musee des Arts et Metiers, which is the technology museum (or industrial design or something like that, there’s also a more modern museum of technology or something there I believe). It’s surprisingly extensive though (like all Paris museums) so if you do go don’t be too fussy about seeing everything properly. The real reason to go there is the final room, the ex-church which you’ll know if you’ve read Umberto Eco’s “Foucault’s Pendulum”. Must go if you’ve read the book Smile It also includes the original Statue of Liberty Wink

And of course Pompidou if you like Miró, Kandinsky, Matisse etc.

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

France trip is so far so good Smile A couple of observations:

French people so far are not as friendly as their Spanish or Italian counterparts. Some are really nice, but a few came off as rude. My taxi driver for example did not answer when I said Merci beaucoup. He looked pissed off Laughing

In France, the American motto of “The customer is ALWAYS right” is thrown out the window. The French seller seems to be doing you a favor by selling you stuff.

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

It’s always been like that. They see foreigners as inferiour beasts or something Wink

Total Posts: 600

Joined 2011-06-07

PM

Well, they don’t Laughing

But they like it a lot less if you don’t speak their language. It’s stronger than the italian or spanish people, who enjoy helping you out more, using gestures etc…

Also keep in mind that Paris is also not representative of the entire France. People in most other regions tend to be a bit more welcoming by comparison.

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

Well it looks like Scotland is staying part of the UK.

Referendum is heading to a 55:45 split in favour of no independance.

Am happy and sad at the same time (as well as tired i’ve been up all night).

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2005-10-23

PM

Lucien21 - 19 September 2014 12:36 AM

Well it looks like Scotland is staying part of the UK.

Referendum is heading to a 55:45 split in favour of no independance.

Am happy and sad at the same time (as well as tired i’ve been up all night).

Pity. I would have like to see the EU twist their knickers anout this. Smile

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

tsa - 19 September 2014 03:53 AM

Pity. I would have like to see the EU twist their knickers anout this. Smile

It would be the precedent that causes many countries to collapse and split up. Belgium included (although, I think a vote on an independent Flanders would probably only get about a third of ‘yes’ voters).
I’m glad they voted ‘no’.

But on the other hand, the government in Westminster needs to act on the fact that this vote happened. The result may have been favourable for them this time but they need to make sure that it doesn’t happen again, and give Scotland (and by proxy also Wales and Northern Ireland) a lot more governmental autonomy…

Joined 2004-08-02

PM

Today We got slammed with 66 euro ticket because we didn’t have our pics on our French metro passes. I tried hard to explain to the lady that we are tourists and the person who sold us the passes didn’t tell us there is a penalty if we didn’t have our pix but she would not listen. Not only that, she half answered us in English and half in French although her English was pretty good. She said something to the extent that French people also have to pay the penalty. As hard as I tried to explain to her that we are tourists and had no idea, she would no listen. God I DESPISE the French.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Other → Chit Chat → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top