• Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums
continue reading below

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

walas74

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Community Playthrough #28: Gray Matter

Total Posts: 2989

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Gabriella Knight - 22 June 2014 03:28 AM

Heh yeah, the graphics are a bit wonky - like when Sam carries it to the cage, and it looks like she’s just holding it by the ears. Wink

It was a long time ago since I was at a farm, but I firmly remember that they carried their bunnies exactly that way - holding them just by their ears. I don’t know if that’s the best method, but I also remember that there was no expression of pain from their side….

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Sefir - 22 June 2014 04:03 AM
Gabriella Knight - 22 June 2014 03:28 AM

Heh yeah, the graphics are a bit wonky - like when Sam carries it to the cage, and it looks like she’s just holding it by the ears. Wink

It was a long time ago since I was at a farm, but I firmly remember that they carried their bunnies exactly that way - holding them just by their ears. I don’t know if that’s the best method, but I also remember that there was no expression of pain from their side….

I admit that bunnyhandling isn’t one of my more developed areas of expertise. Wink

Happy gaming!

Total Posts: 7445

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

Bad Sam. The ears are not meant to carry the rabbit’s weight. Pick the rabbit up with one hand (NOT by the ears!), use the other hand to support the weight.

Butter my buns and call me a biscuit! - Agent A

Total Posts: 8471

Joined 2011-10-21

PM

Karlok - 22 June 2014 06:45 AM

Bad Sam. The ears are not meant to carry the rabbit’s weight. Pick the rabbit up with one hand (NOT by the ears!), use the other hand to support the weight.

^ This.
It’s by the neck. A lot of animals have excess (extra thick) skin at the back of the neck precisely to be carried by the neck while still young. Once they grow bigger, the skin itself isn’t strong enough, so yeah, you have to support their weight with your other hand. Holding them from under the chest and upper paws is also an option, the safest one even.
Holding them by the ears is animal cruelty.

The truth can’t hurt you, it’s just like the dark: it scares you witless but in time you see things clear and stark. - Elvis Costello
Maybe this time I can be strong, but since I know who I am, I’m probably wrong. Maybe this time I can go far, but thinking about where I’ve been ain’t helping me start. - Michael Kiwanuka

Total Posts: 6590

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

And for others, no bunny-lifting technique will help you:

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 22

Joined 2014-06-05

PM

Damn, now that IS a lot of stew!

Happy gaming!

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

OMG!!! At first I thought it was photoshop, but it is real!!!

Put THAT in your backpack Sam!!  Naughty

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

I’m sure Tim would be able to tell us more about it. Smile

Recently finished: Four Last Things 4/5, Edna & Harvey: The Breakout 5/5, Chains of Satinav 3,95/5, A Vampyre Story 88, Sam Peters 3/5, Broken Sword 1 4,5/5, Broken Sword 2 4,3/5, Broken Sword 3 85, Broken Sword 5 81, Gray Matter 4/5\nCurrently playing: Broken Sword 4, Keepsake (Let\‘s Play), Callahan\‘s Crosstime Saloon (post-Community Playthrough)\nLooking forward to: A Playwright’s Tale

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

The “Other Girl” was - amazingly scared away by a dark piece of trash blowing in the wind.  Looked like a garbage bag to me. Dark rainy nights do this .

The game has some cuteness with the rabbit that was not needed and made me roll my eyes in disbelief. The game has faults but still a lovely game I enjoyed as much as GK3.

Meh  Meh

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 213

Joined 2011-11-13

PM

I finished GM on PC recently and liked it quite a lot.
Maybe slightly off topic, but - by accident I came upon some Xbox screens (10&11;): http://spong.com/game/screens/11046992/Gray-Matter-Xbox-360/315404
Does Xbox version have extra story, or are those screens just from early pre-build and got cut out at the end? (I’m suspecting later, if those shots are under right game at all)

Total Posts: 5050

Joined 2004-07-12

PM

diego - 22 June 2014 08:30 AM

I’m sure Tim would be able to tell us more about it. Smile

Often seen as part of the background in a US PBS children’s television show called, I believe, TeleTubbies.

For whom the games toll,
they toll for thee.

Total Posts: 932

Joined 2004-03-23

PM

lewuz - 22 June 2014 05:57 PM

Maybe slightly off topic, but - by accident I came upon some Xbox screens (10&11;): http://spong.com/game/screens/11046992/Gray-Matter-Xbox-360/315404
Does Xbox version have extra story, or are those screens just from early pre-build and got cut out at the end? (I’m suspecting later, if those shots are under right game at all)

Definitely under the the wrong game, they have nothing to do with Gray Matter.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

lewuz - 22 June 2014 05:57 PM

Seems they put a screenshot from Black Mirror 2 under Gray Matter…  Meh

Joined 2007-07-22

PM

Sefir - 23 June 2014 05:56 AM

Seems they put a screenshot from Black Mirror 2 under Gray Matter…  Meh

Ah, well, Gray Matter - Black Mirror, Gray Matter - Black Mirror… both have two words, same number of syllables. Not a big deal. Smile

Total Posts: 5835

Joined 2012-03-24

PM

I’ve just finished the 1st chapter & had forgotten how much there was to this game! 

Gabriella Knight - 21 June 2014 12:43 PM

The plot looks interesting enough, but there are already a few aspects that makes it hard for me to apply suspension of disbelief - such as the traveling pet rabbit?! Where did she keep it on the bike?
Also, I’m not sure I totally grasped how Sam came to be mistaken for the assistant in the first place - what happened to the other girl we saw at the door? I’m a bit confuzzled - the cutscenes were a bit too static for my taste.

The pet rabbit, you learn early on, travels in Sam’s backpack (I’ve just seen that you mentioned that already Sefir!) - I’m still wondering about the cage & guess it folds down to ‘flat-pack’  Laughing

How Sam comes to be mistaken for the ‘bona-fide’ assistant without any kind of identification becomes clearer later in the chapter it just seems to be a casual student employment thing & anyone will do! I’ve watched the intro a few times & it does seem like the original girl is ‘whisked away’ in a similar atmosphere to the scene in the experiment scenario at the end of the chapter.

UPtimist - 22 June 2014 03:43 AM
Gabriella Knight - 21 June 2014 12:43 PM

......At this time, it’s a good moment to ask if people are aware of this short story Jane wrote about Sam before the events of Gray Matter? .......... 
http://kotaku.com/5113149/jane-jensens-christmas-story-twas-the-night-before
About Sam alone in Rome on Christmas Eve. It’s a nice peek into the character of Sam.

Thanks Uptimist - the story was interesting!

TimovieMan - 22 June 2014 07:02 AM
Karlok - 22 June 2014 06:45 AM

^ This.
It’s by the neck. A lot of animals have excess (extra thick) skin at the back of the neck precisely to be carried by the neck while still young. Once they grow bigger, the skin itself isn’t strong enough, so yeah, you have to support their weight with your other hand. Holding them from under the chest and upper paws is also an option, the safest one even. Holding them by the ears is animal cruelty.

Having owned a rabbit when I was a child & spending about a half-hour trying to catch a friends rabbit which I let out for ‘exercise’ when house-sitting a few years ago I can categorically tell you that you should not pick a rabbit up by it’s ears or by the scruff of it’s neck if it’s fully grown & you don’t need to! - would you pick your cat or dog up like that?

I didn’t mind the magic tricks the 1st time I played the game but this time I enjoyed their context in the game so much more! I’d also forgotten how wonderful the voice acting is & love the snippets of info that appear on screen but they flash too quickly for me to read some of them completely! I’m very intrigued by the significance of Samantha’s necklace which I’d also forgotten about! 

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top