• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Becky

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

The Devil’s Men - Steampunk adventure

Total Posts: 1555

Joined 2005-12-06

PM

Steampunk <3
There really isn’t any reason why not play this game when it comes out. Hopefully it isn’t terribly expensive.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age Origins: Awakening
Recently Played: Red Embrace: Hollywood, Dorfromantik, Heirs & Graces, AI: The Somnium Files, PRICE, Frostpunk, The Shapeshifting Detective (CPT), Disco Elysium, Dream Daddy, Four Last Things, Jenny LeClue - Detectivu, The Signifier

Total Posts: 190

Joined 2010-09-01

PM

Damn this game looks gorgeous. The setting and characters look promising. I hope it turns out well.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

Tons of screens to look at in motion!!  Heart Eyes Also a few character animations can be seen, looking gorgeousssss. I have no idea what Kevin Mentz is saying unfortunately, perhaps someone here who knows German can translate? I recognized something about one of the main characters being a sort of Sherlock Holmes-figure, and the other living in the crime world.

A journalist seemed to think it looked like The Banner Saga? And they mentioned something about Lockpicks that can help you solve puzzles? XD

I am rubber, you are glue

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Don’t understand anythid but that looked good. Animation also looks like a step up for Daedalic.

Never hear about the AER game shown at the beginning, also looked interesting.

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

That’s the first time I’ve seen or heard about that AER game too. Can anyone here speak German? Any chance you could translate what they said about it?

Going by the complete lack of info, I’m guessing that was just a sneak peek of a future project being published/developed by Daedalic.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

Tad - 26 January 2015 07:03 PM

That’s the first time I’ve seen or heard about that AER game too. Can anyone here speak German? Any chance you could translate what they said about it?

Going by the complete lack of info, I’m guessing that was just a sneak peek of a future project being published/developed by Daedalic.

From what I gathered at least, Aer is developed by a small Swedish indie studio which has a little bit of info on their website about the game; http://forgottenkey.se

Total Posts: 1279

Joined 2012-07-11

PM

Thanks.

I look forward to hearing more.

Recently completed: Game of Thrones (decent), Tales from the borderlands (great!), Life is Strange (great!), Stasis (good), Annas Quest (great!); Broken Age (poor)

Joined 2008-02-17

PM

Daedalic’s own compilation of the games they’re releasing 2015 (without the german commentary) :

And someone made an imgur with some screens from Devil’s Men with three screens I’ve never seen: http://imgur.com/a/7J5ts

Really loving the room with the blonde lady. Tons of small details everywhere… The miniature version of a town at the side of the room reminds me of Frodo’s little alcove in The Huncback of Notre Damme Grin I also wonder if all of the dolls next to the bed has some sort of significance?

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-12

PM

In a (German) adventure-treff interview with Tim Krause-Murroni, Director Communications at Daedalic, it’s confirmed what everybody has known for years. The Devil’s Men, Daedalic’s last shot at adventure greatness, has been cancelled.

https://www.adventure-treff.de/interviews/15682-quo-vadis-daedalic-interview-mit-tim-krause-murroni

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

But it sucks

State of Mind coming to the Switch is good at least

Total Posts: 46

Joined 2016-06-12

PM

wilco - 25 February 2018 03:31 PM

State of Mind coming to the Switch is good at least

We’ll see, we’ll see.

And, yeah… I was shocked even though I didn’t expect it to be released any more.

Might do that fan art after all now that it’s cancelled. Neutral

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Daedalic achieved adventure greatness. Edna and harvey 1&2, whispered world, 4 deponia games, anna’s quest, 2 chains of satinav games, night of the rabbit. All very good games. And for me that compares favorably with any adventure dev. Sadly that chapter is over. Hopefully they will continue to release good games in whatever genre they choose.

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

i ve heard there is a divine prize for the last man standing sitting playing adventure game.. so thats why i don’t care bout diedalic i m just looking forward at bigger important thing

Total Posts: 7439

Joined 2013-08-26

PM

zane - 25 February 2018 04:03 PM

Daedalic achieved adventure greatness. Edna and harvey 1&2, whispered world, 4 deponia games, anna’s quest, 2 chains of satinav games, night of the rabbit. All very good games. And for me that compares favorably with any adventure dev. Sadly that chapter is over. Hopefully they will continue to release good games in whatever genre they choose.

What zane said.

I’m very sorry their adventuring days seem to be over, but they have said for years that sales were disappointing. So they chose another route to survive.

See you around, wolf. Nerissa

Total Posts: 8720

Joined 2012-01-02

PM

Karlok - 26 February 2018 09:21 AM
zane - 25 February 2018 04:03 PM

What zane said.

I’m very sorry their adventuring days seem to be over, but they have said for years that sales were disappointing. So they chose another route to survive.

their sales were never disappointing,they have market called Germany full of adventurer addicts more than anywhere else in the world, but if you mean disappointing as matter of perspective comparing to other companies ‘without mentioning names’, then that is something else, and i say it now its not 100% winning situation of change , the risks and the disappointing(S) of their fans might exceed what they see as their disappointing of sales.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top