• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

LittleRosertrooney

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Talos Principle - PC/PS4

Total Posts: 1891

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

It definitely takes the problem solving to the next level compared to portal. And it definitely brings an element of exploration that portal does not.
I have not decided which i like more: this, or portal 2.

EDIT: and having just finished the story, i think i like portal 2 better overall because it has a funnier more entertaining narrative. Regardless, talos principle is a great and long game.

EDIT: im now looking at the amount of eastereggs this game has…. wow!

Total Posts: 2986

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Ok, I started playing it and it is…obsessive. I already found almost all stars in the first 4 rooms (still 1 missing in the 3rd). The one in room 4 required a hell of navigating skills and reflexes….

Anyway, up to this point it is inferior to Portal 2, because Portal 2 had much more humour presented, plus a sense of agony that here is nowhere to be found. I like God though and I wonder where eould the storline go, especially with all these computers.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 23 December 2014 04:45 PM

It definitely takes the problem solving to the next level compared to portal. And it definitely brings an element of exploration that portal does not.
I have not decided which i like more: this, or portal 2.

EDIT: and having just finished the story, i think i like portal 2 better overall because it has a funnier more entertaining narrative. Regardless, talos principle is a great and long game.

EDIT: im now looking at the amount of eastereggs this game has…. wow!

Easter eggs are immense, the game does reward exploration of every corners, not just for the stars. There are hidden doors and floor holes that add a lot to the game. Portal 2 felt a more guided focus-tested experience, this feels more rough leaving more space for puzzles exploration and story interpretations.

Sefir - 24 December 2014 04:48 PM

Anyway, up to this point it is inferior to Portal 2, because Portal 2 had much more humour presented, plus a sense of agony that here is nowhere to be found. I like God though and I wonder where eould the storline go, especially with all these computers.

In humour and writing in Portal 2 is superior to almost anything but I think you’ll appreciate how the story evolves in this game. Stuff that seems random will start to fit into the overall narrative. Sense of agony is something did hit me in those computer “dialogues”.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Hey! I found a paint bucket!! Anyone knows how it can be used?

EDIT: I found it! I can write my own sign on a wall!! Cool!!

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

What’s more, people in your Steam friend list will see your signs in-game. You can leave cryptic hints that way.

edit: For fun and achievements, try leaving a message while using the recording device and then reading it afterwards.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

Apart from the obvious Portal comparison, I think that this game also reminds me a 3d 1st person version of Braid (Hidden Stars, riddles with yourself back in time, etc)

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Finished the game. (around 20h) Great ending, didn’t get all the stars, I have to come back to those later. Checking the easter eggs videos on youtube - so much awesome stuff they hid! Smile

I’m curious how it will compare to the The Witness, seems to have some similarities in exploration/puzzle-solving.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I am near the end. I have 19 stars and I know for sure I haven’t found one in A3. I believe there must be some kind of combination to the monoliths around the water, but I’m not sure. Help anyone?

A great quality game overall and a serious candidate for the Aggies out of nowhere!!

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

Sefir - 27 December 2014 09:09 AM

I am near the end. I have 19 stars and I know for sure I haven’t found one in A3. I believe there must be some kind of combination to the monoliths around the water, but I’m not sure. Help anyone?

A great quality game overall and a serious candidate for the Aggies out of nowhere!!

that one is borderline unfairly tricky!
Theres a QR code near the entrance you have to use a reader to see. And then the solution is translated in the hexidecimal there, and that number is used corresponding to the buttons on the pillars

further spoiler:
the numbers you press are 7, and 20, the date of the moon landing.

Joined 2012-03-09

PM

I would have never guessed that. Thanks.

EDIT: Just finished it. Easily game of the year IMO.

Total Posts: 473

Joined 2008-01-09

PM

Sefir - 27 December 2014 12:11 PM

EDIT: Just finished it. Easily game of the year IMO.

Finally got to play and finish this gem of a game.
I agree….....Game of the Year

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Expansion pack announced!
The Talos Principle: Road to Gehenna.

http://www.devolverdigital.com/blog/view/the-talos-principle-expansion-pack-announced

Very good, wasn’t expecting it. Same writers. Spring release

Joined 2010-11-16

PM

hm! as long as its story driven i suppose i will have to buy this.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

zane - 24 March 2015 11:27 AM

hm! as long as its story driven i suppose i will have to buy this.

Seems to be:

...Road to Gehenna follows the narrative of Uriel, Elohim’s messenger, as he explores a strange, hidden part of the simulation on a mission of mercy and redemption in an attempt to free the souls of the damned at all costs.

“We wanted to revisit the world of The Talos Principle and deliver new characters and a new world with its own history and culture,” said Tom Jubert, co-writer of The Talos Principle. “With Road to Gehenna we have created an all-new narrative which both branches off from and expands the original character’s journey.”

Total Posts: 4011

Joined 2011-04-01

PM

Fantastic. The puzzles are some of the most satisfying I have played in a long time, and I haven’t even finished yet. I can definitely see the Portal comparisons. I think these puzzles might be even better, and even if it doesn’t quite have the character of Portal it does have non-linearity and an engaging story which gets you thinking.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top