• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Dalezobraks

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Talos Principle - PC/PS4

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Showed up at E3, nothing like a philosophical puzzler by the creators of… Serious Sam Smile

The Talos Principle is a philosophical first-person puzzle game from Croteam, the creators of the Serious Sam series, and written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (Infinite Ocean). Players are tasked with solving a series of increasingly difficult series of complex puzzles woven into a metaphysical parable about intelligence and meaning in an inevitably doomed world.

Complex Conundrums: Overcome more than 120 immersive puzzles through the eyes of an advanced artificial intelligence construct and unveil your significance at the behest of your creators.

Anachronistic Juxtaposition: Deploy sophisticated technology furnished by the creators to unravel each predicament entombed within digital recreations of humanity’s ruins. Divert drones, disable turrets, and even replicate time to prove your worth beneath an ancient sky.

Teaser trailer:

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

A Croatian adventure that isn’t just another casual game? And from creators of Serious Sam? Count me in?

Total Posts: 84

Joined 2014-07-12

PM

CroGamer - 12 July 2014 09:16 AM

A Croatian adventure that isn’t just another casual game? And from creators of Serious Sam? Count me in?

Those Serious Sam games were ok but I have my doubts how this will turn out.

PS: Vidim da nisam jedini fan avantura iz Hrvatske Cool

Total Posts: 87

Joined 2013-06-26

PM

I think it will be OK, but I don’t know. If not, they still have Serious Sam 4 to make.

PS: Ne, nisi Smile

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Demo or public test is available.

Good looking and controlling an adventure game with the speed of a Serious Sam game is different (right-mouse in Controls even says “secondary fire” Smile).
Puzzles are decent but it needs a hook like Portal and not just puzzle after puzzle, might become boring fast (specially with that music…)

Tha part at end and the trailer shows that it might have something more to it.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-11-02

PM

The important part:

Written by Tom Jubert (FTL, The Swapper) and Jonas Kyratzes (The Sea Will Claim Everything).

These two developers have nothing in common with Serious Sam.

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Well, the plot doesn’t show up in the public test but it’s good to know that there will be a story in it and the team behind the writing is solid.

Total Posts: 4

Joined 2014-11-02

PM

I’ve just finished the demo, and it looks really promissing! I’m looking forward to the full game. Btw, the music and sound are great.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

The public test was nothing short of amazing.
I was slightly miffed by the use of a star to signify extra achievement, considering how easy it was to attain the stars in the demo (compared to Braid, which seems to have at least somewhat affected this game), but other than that silly issue everything was very very good. I was almost tempted to pre-order but the price tag is scary.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Antrax - 08 November 2014 12:37 AM

I was slightly miffed by the use of a star to signify extra achievement, considering how easy it was to attain the stars in the demo (compared to Braid, which seems to have at least somewhat affected this game), but other than that silly issue everything was very very good. I was almost tempted to pre-order but the price tag is scary.

Stars, plural? How many are there in the demo? The one I got was easy enough, but I only ever noticed that one.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Harald B - 08 November 2014 05:09 AM
Antrax - 08 November 2014 12:37 AM

Stars, plural? How many are there in the demo? The one I got was easy enough, but I only ever noticed that one.

Went back and got all the stars - there are 6 stars. (there is a guide on Steam to get them all if you want)
That leads to a secret puzzle room that has a new puzzle mechanic. Found the computers and audio log.
More to it that I thought at first, interesting game.

Total Posts: 813

Joined 2004-08-01

PM

Yeah, the computer thing really sold me, it was super-effective because I was playing a demo.
All in all I’m really looking forward to this one, will buy it for $20 or less or for the stated price if reviews show the game is as good as the demo promises.

Total Posts: 111

Joined 2006-12-29

PM

Found 3 more stars just now, plus the telescope. More to this game than I thought, indeed.

The golden age of mathematics - that was not the age of Euclid, it is ours. -Cassius Jackson Keyser

Total Posts: 2648

Joined 2004-01-18

PM

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/unfinished-the-talos-principle-11-11-2014/2300-9694/

Unfinished quick look of the game on Giant Bomb.

An adventure game is nothing more than a good story set with engaging puzzles that fit seamlessly in with the story and the characters, and looks and sounds beautiful.
Roberta Williams

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Game comes out this week. Very positive review from eurogamer:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-09-the-talos-principle-review

Seems like the philosophical narrative is compeling. Interested in trying it after fully exploring the demo.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

9’s and 8’s. lots of praise, myst + portal, 120 puzzles…wasn’t in my list now have to get it.

Frown

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top