• News
  • Reviews
  • Top Games
  • Search
  • New Releases
  • Daily Deals
  • Forums

Adventure Gamers - Forums

Welcome to Adventure Gamers. Please Sign In or Join Now to post.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Post Marker Legend:

• New Topic New posts
  • Old Topic No new posts

Currently online

Lady Kestrel

Support us, by purchasing through these affiliate links

Grim Fandango Remastered

Total Posts: 298

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Awesome! Never thought we would ever see a re-issue of Grim Fandango, and especially not a remastered edition! Grin
Hope it will find its way to PC eventually.

Total Posts: 7109

Joined 2005-09-29

PM

Terramax - 10 June 2014 12:54 AM
nomadsoul - 10 June 2014 12:38 AM

Good excuse for Sequel(if sales are gonna be high).

Not sure I want a sequel. It’d likely be nothing like the original. None the least, the game wouldn’t be pre-rendered, which would be sacrilege!

I’m so happy this is coming out for the Vita. Having this game on the go, what with the Vita’s beautiful screen, would be magic.

Perfect time to announce it too, seeing as I’ve just started playing it again.

Here’s hoping they do something about the wall bouncing too.

IIRC Tim mentioned getting IPs back from Disney to make sequels.
So maybe Sony is bridge for that objective.

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

He never said he would make sequels, though he let room for that possibility. He seemed more interested in re-publishing his old games and re-mastering them.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

This actually does look more promising for other Dinsey owned Lucas titles as well now. Not propably Star Wars or Indy games, but maybe this will help get some other titles off the ground. I’d really love to see a new Maniac Mansion game or new Zak McKracken title.

Total Posts: 1075

Joined 2003-09-30

PM

Actually I’m not sure want see what remaster turns out to be,GF is an extremely difficult ag for new gamers,expect gameplay gets fully assisted and possible trimmings due to multiplatform sales.

“Going on means going far - Going far means returning”

Joined 2004-08-15

PM

Why would the gameplay need to be trimmed because GF will be a multiplatform title now?
I guess DF might include a hint system with the remaster. They can’t include more hints within the dialogues without re-recording the lines.

Total Posts: 2653

Joined 2013-03-14

PM

I think one thing that made Grim a tad difficult game is that it has piss poor control system. When I tried that mouse driven interface that works on Residual the game felt much easier than it ever did with those tank controls. Besides as the controls currently are in Grim they’d be much more at home in a console anyways.

Total Posts: 41

Joined 2003-09-14

PM

Wow.

Amazing to see this news, especially after just watching Tim Schafer play the original Grim Fandango. While I was watching his play-through this morning, I did think “gosh wouldn’t it be great if they could remaster and re-release this?” Then I thought, “nah, that’ll never happen”. Sometimes, it’s great to be wrong.

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-03-05

PM

DustCropper - 10 June 2014 04:21 AM

Wow.

Amazing to see this news, especially after just watching Tim Schafer play the original Grim Fandango. While I was watching his play-through this morning, I did think “gosh wouldn’t it be great if they could remaster and re-release this?” Then I thought, “nah, that’ll never happen”. Sometimes, it’s great to be wrong.

Great minds do think alike! It’s weird how Murphy’s Law works, this time in our favor. Whenever I put LucasArts out of my mind the most, they pull this out of nowhere! It happened with Tales and the special editions, now this!

Total Posts: 345

Joined 2012-04-04

PM

This is the kind of thing I read on Mixnmojo on April 1st…

I mean…seriously. Where the HELL did this come from?

I’m still staggered by it.

Er..ah…I…uh…don’t know what to say.

Shame I don’t own a PS4 as yet…but we’ll see, I guess.

Total Posts: 67

Joined 2005-10-04

PM

A.A - 10 June 2014 06:04 AM

This is the kind of thing I read on Mixnmojo on April 1st…

I mean…seriously. Where the HELL did this come from?

I’m still staggered by it.

Er..ah…I…uh…don’t know what to say.

Shame I don’t own a PS4 as yet…but we’ll see, I guess.

Get a Vita! Awesome console for on the go.

Total Posts: 3200

Joined 2007-01-04

PM

Get a Vita! Awesome console for on the go.

I’d love to see this game released on the VITA - I’d love to play it on the go!

Heart

I enjoy playing adventure games on my Alienware M17 r4 and my Nintendo Switch OLED.

Total Posts: 8998

Joined 2004-01-05

PM

Next step is to get Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. Go for it Tim and Sony. Vita needs them!

Total Posts: 21

Joined 2014-03-05

PM

wilco - 10 June 2014 08:48 AM

Next step is to get Maniac Mansion and Day of the Tentacle. Go for it Tim and Sony. Vita needs them!

That brings up an interesting question: could they theoretically be developed at once? Seeing how DOTT includes Maniac Mansion as an easter egg in Weird Ed’s room, that seems like a logical move, especially if they get Tim/Double Fine involved again.

Total Posts: 736

Joined 2013-08-15

PM

Only if they hire Steve Purcell and Peter Chan to redraw the backgrounds in higher resolution.
The greatest flaw of the Monkey Island special editions was the art direction. They replaced those beautiful hand drawn PAINTINGS with soulless computer generated backgrounds and the magic was lost. Added visual effects were nice, but it could also be done with the paintings and it would look immensely better.

I’m afraid the same will happen to the DOTT if it gets similar treatment.

Grim Fandango has a significantly less potential to be desecrated by the incompetent “artists”.

You are here: HomeForum Home → Gaming → Adventure → Thread

Welcome to the Adventure Gamers forums!

Back to the top